Posted to rec.audio.car
Ericfg Ericfg is offline

Default RCAs slowly vibrate loose

The RCAs from my dash EQ (to the amps) slowly come loose over time and
cause one channel to go out when I hit a bump. I have to pull the h/u
above it out, stick my hand in there and push 'em back in place. This
happens every 3 months or so. It's only a minor pain in the butt but a
pain nonetheless.
And suggestions as to what to do?
Small spot of epoxy/glue?

Thanks,

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET MOSFET is offline

You might want to start with using a pair of pliers and tightening the male
RCA connectors together for a tighter fit. That SHOULD (in most cases) do
the trick.

If not, a spot of epoxy should work fine. But I would definitely leave this
option as a last resort. The problem is it might be REALLY difficult to
disconnect it in the future if it is glued. And you run the risk of
damaging the RCA's or the connectors if you are forced to really "reef" on
those cables to remove them.

So trying to makes the RCA's fit tighter around the plug would be the best
option.

If that still does not work, try another brand of RCA's. Rockford Fosgate's
White Wolf RCA's fit INCREDIBLY tight (in fact, they are VERY hard to remove
because of how tightly they fit). Phoenix Gold and Monster Cable XLN series
interconnects also fit very tightly (though not as tight as Rockford). That
also may be something you might want to consider.

MOSFET

"Ericfg" wrote in message
ups.com...
The RCAs from my dash EQ (to the amps) slowly come loose over time and
cause one channel to go out when I hit a bump. I have to pull the h/u
above it out, stick my hand in there and push 'em back in place. This
happens every 3 months or so. It's only a minor pain in the butt but a
pain nonetheless.
And suggestions as to what to do?
Small spot of epoxy/glue?

Thanks,

Posted to rec.audio.car
John John is offline

I have seen this problem before. I wouldn't even risk using a
pliers...just take and gradually apply pressure by hand. Less chance of
bending them too much, scratching, or even breaking them.

--
John

loose wires? or something else? mark Car Audio 4 April 1st 05 07:13 PM
Yet another tube base that's loose Rich Sherman Vacuum Tubes 9 August 17th 04 04:34 PM
FA: TONEARM CABLE SME Angled DIN w/Gold RCA's No Reserve! Item number: 3091352665 cabeau Marketplace 0 April 12th 04 08:56 AM
cheap rcas Z. Gluhak Car Audio 21 February 28th 04 06:47 PM
FS: hundreds of old tubes Kent Wendler Vacuum Tubes 1 September 25th 03 09:00 PM