Jim Klein

Default FT: Blue Sky System One 5.1 monitoring

Fellow RAP'ers:

I now find myself running the Audio Recording department of the Music
Industry program at Drexel University in Philly. Like many schools, we have
some nice equipment that we either don't need now, or in this case, never
really needed. This Blue Sky system was purchased new last Spring and never
really used. Due to the arcane rules governing non profit institutions, it
is much easier for us to just trade this for gear we need rather than try to
sell it and deal with accounting for an influx of cash. We have all of the
original boxes for everything except the Bass Management module, and
everything is in great shape. You can get details at the website below:

http://www.bayviewproaudio.com/blues..._51system.html

They're selling this system for $3500.00, and our department is very short
of cash for gear we need. We're opening up a smaller studio for the
students to do their independent projects, and we need pretty much
everything. I'm not necessarily looking for high end gear, although I
wouldn't necessarily turn anything down. What we need is a decent quantity
of basic, useable outboard gear and mics, as listed below. If you can put
together a package of stuff that comes reasonably close to what the Blue Sky
system is worth, we can probably do business. Being near the NYC/Philly area
would be a real plus. Here's what we're looking for:

Compression: anything like RNCs, dbx 160x, ART Pro VLA, Aphex... decent
blue collar gear. No Behringer or Alesis compressors, please

Mics: SM57, 421, Re20, 451s, 452s, SM81s, AT4050, 4033, 4060

Gates: dbx, Drawmer, anything decent

Reverbs and delays: the usual suspects from Yamaha, Lexicon, etc. Knobs
rather than "pages" work better for us, even if that means older gear. It's
much easier to demonstrate modulation, depth, etc. by having them turn
knobs. As long as it's in good shape.

We could also use a couple of guitar and/or bass amps, a CD burner (real
time ala' HHB Burnit)..... Basically, I'll listen to any offers.

I'm reachable at this email addy or at

Thanks, everyone. More trades to come!!

Cheers,

Jim Klein