unibrow

Default Portable Stereo Mic Preamps Part 4...

Thanks, I will surely post my results. This is an area in Pro Audio that
seems to have a massive gap. Not too many options that are portable and
"affordable". I need to record alot of sounds that will be quite distant,
such as thunder and rain. There will probably be noise issues, but I'm not
whipping out $300+ on a preamp if I do not think the noise is unbearable, or
audible to the casual listener. I'm writing music and sound effects for an
upcoming PC game. The sounds will be heard over cheesy low-fi speakers,
mostly. But there's always that magazine review crew with a really nice 5.1
setup to critique your sound quality...
"Mike Rivers" wrote in message

In article tnlVa.4011$YN5.5156@sccrnsc01 writes:

"The NT4 Stereo mic is a High output mic.
You may not need a preamp but only to control the input level.
With high quality alkiline batteries the mic can last up to 400 hours.

Soooo.... I will try the Nomad Jukebox 3 on it's own with the NT-4

first.

Please report on your results. "High output" is of course a function
of input. If you're recording a rock band in a club, then I expect
that you'll get pretty good results. If you're recording a piano and
violin duet in a nice church, it's going to be noisy.

--
I'm really Mike Rivers - )