Posted to rec.audio.car,alt.trucks.chevy,alt.autos.gm
[email protected] 666fox@gmail.com is offline

Default 1998 Blazer LT steering wheel audio controls

I recently got a used 1998 Blazer LT, i've seen 1999 Blazers with audio
controls on the steering wheel... and frankly, i'm jealous. I want this
feature, since there's really no difference between years of this
vehicle, would be it be easy to swap the steering wheel and connect the
controls to the stereo? I've searched but not found anything helpful,
if anyone knows how or if it's feasable to do such a thing please let
me know, even an aftermarket steering wheel, i just want those controls
and it doesn't seem like it would be too hard, but i don't want to set
off the air bag trying to find out if it's even possible. thanks.

Posted to rec.audio.car,alt.trucks.chevy,alt.autos.gm
80 Knight 80 Knight is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
I recently got a used 1998 Blazer LT, i've seen 1999 Blazers with audio
controls on the steering wheel... and frankly, i'm jealous. I want this
feature, since there's really no difference between years of this
vehicle, would be it be easy to swap the steering wheel and connect the
controls to the stereo? I've searched but not found anything helpful,
if anyone knows how or if it's feasable to do such a thing please let
me know, even an aftermarket steering wheel, i just want those controls
and it doesn't seem like it would be too hard, but i don't want to set
off the air bag trying to find out if it's even possible. thanks.

In my '96 Bonneville, there are wires running from the stereo right to those
controls in the wheel, and I doubt it would be fun trying to wire up your
Blazer if it didn't come with that feature. On the other hand, I have seen
some aftermarket CD decks advertised that have a remote control, that
attaches to the steering wheel. It's not a normal remote control either. It
is made to look like it is built into the steering wheel. If I can find a
link for one, I will post it.