Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

Default Chocolate report

I did a taste testing last night of 3 bars of medium cocoa content
dark chocolate

Ghirardelli - USA - cost $1.95 - 60% Cocoa content - "Evening Dream"
LAke Champlagne Chocolates- USA - cost $4.25 - 70% cocoa content "Sao
Thome"
Amadei - Italy- cost $8.95 -70% cocoa content "La Tavoletta"

The Ghirardelli was very good, very slightly chalky consisitency
The Amadei was very much like the Ghirardelli, still so very slightly
chalky but just a wee bit less so than the Ghirardelli, really, almost
identical.

The standout was the Lake CHamplagne, a much deeper richer flavor,
a ;lngering pleasant aftertast, it tested, well, more chocolatey!!!
and not a bit of chalkiness. exceptional!!!
much better than the other two, although they were fine chocolates

But the surprising result is that the $2 American Ghirardelli was
virtually identical in texture and taste to the $9 Italian chocolate.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

On Aug 27, 4:07�pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
[...]

You should check out Swedish chocolate. Friggin' amazing.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 27, 6:07*pm, Clyde Slick wrote:
[...]

What kind of beer did you wash it down with?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

Need to try this:

http://www.scharffenberger.com/
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Aug 28, 12:14*am, vinyl anachronist
wrote:
Need to try this:

http://www.scharffenberger.com/

Looks good. Is it only available online?

I went to a tasting at a local boutique chocolatier a couple of years
ago, pairing chocolates with wines. That was fun. I found I prefered
extra dark chocolate coupled with a nice merlot. :-)

insert Sugar's response: "jism, smegma, etc."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
vinyl anachronist vinyl anachronist is offline

wrote:

Need to try this:

http://www.scharffenberger.com/

Looks good. Is it only available online?

I went to a tasting at a local boutique chocolatier a couple of years
ago, pairing chocolates with wines. That was fun. I found I prefered
extra dark chocolate coupled with a nice merlot. :-)

insert Sugar's response: "jism, smegma, etc."

Actually, I've found it at Trader Joe's. That's my wife's favorite,
and she's an accomplished pastry chef and cook. I took one bite of
this stuff and went into orbit, and I'm not a real big chocolate fan.
I mentioned it to Art because I think it's only about $2 a bar.

insert CISG's response: "so that explains the eBay jumbo dress, etc."
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Jilly and Buffoony tittered:

I went to a tasting at a local boutique chocolatier a couple of years ago,
pairing chocolates with wines. That was fun. I found I prefered extra dark
chocolate coupled with a nice merlot. :-)

insert Sugar's response: "jism, smegma, etc."

Chocolate or diarrhea ... it all tastes the same to Jilly by now.

I took one bite of this stuff and went into orbit, and I'm not a real big
chocolate fan. I mentioned it to Art because I think it's only about $2 a bar.

insert CISG's response: "so that explains the eBay jumbo dress, etc."

Don't forget the other one about "fat happy slob."

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

wrote:

Need to try this:

http://www.scharffenberger.com/

Looks good. Is it only available online?

I went to a tasting at a local boutique chocolatier a couple of years
ago, pairing chocolates with wines. That was fun. I found I prefered
extra dark chocolate coupled with a nice merlot. :-)

insert Sugar's response: "jism, smegma, etc."

Actually, I've found it at Trader Joe's. That's my wife's favorite,
and she's an accomplished pastry chef and cook. I took one bite of
this stuff and went into orbit, and I'm not a real big chocolate fan.
I mentioned it to Art because I think it's only about $2 a bar.

insert CISG's response: "so that explains the eBay jumbo dress, etc."

I'll try it, but its $5 to $8 for a three oz bar (same size as the
one's i mentioned earlier)
we have trader joes now!
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:

Need to try this:

http://www.scharffenberger.com/

Looks good. Is it only available online?

I went to a tasting at a local boutique chocolatier a couple of years
ago, pairing chocolates with wines. That was fun. I found I prefered
extra dark chocolate coupled with a nice merlot. :-)

insert Sugar's response: "jism, smegma, etc."

Actually, I've found it at Trader Joe's. That's my wife's favorite,
and she's an accomplished pastry chef and cook. I took one bite of
this stuff and went into orbit, and I'm not a real big chocolate fan.
I mentioned it to Art because I think it's only about $2 a bar.

insert CISG's response: "so that explains the eBay jumbo dress, etc."

I'll try it, but its $5 to $8 for a three oz bar (same size as the
one's i mentioned earlier)
we have trader joes now!

Trader Joe's had it for $1.99 a couple of years ago. But TJ tends to
make big one-time purchases of something, so you may or may not find
it now. But man, that was the best chocolate I've tasted.

UGG 5225 Women's Ultra Short in Chocolate boot [email protected] Pro Audio 0 November 15th 08 03:38 PM
World's Finest Chocolate Your business logo on each gift for free. Wide price selection. [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 0 October 11th 07 06:52 PM
Delicious Chocolate will win his/her heart. Heart shaped boxes. All kinds to chose from. World's Finest Chocolate [email protected] Audio Opinions 0 October 11th 07 02:14 PM
interesting chocolate lyza Pro Audio 54 September 10th 07 07:58 PM
Dark chocolate might reduce blood pressure, study suggests [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 3 November 15th 06 09:49 AM