bmw

Default Surround sound

Hello, all!. I'm thinking about getting a wireless surround system for
my home. Which one(s) is the best deal for the money. I've never
bought anything like this before so any help would be greatly
appreciated!!

Thanks,
BMW
Robert Morein

"bmw" wrote in message
om...
Hello, all!. I'm thinking about getting a wireless surround system for
my home. Which one(s) is the best deal for the money. I've never
bought anything like this before so any help would be greatly
appreciated!!

Thanks,
BMW

None.
Don't buy one.
Run the wires.

Kalman Rubinson

Looks nice but it requires a computer connected to a network and, as
of the present time, it is incompatible with most home audio systems.
Can it handle multichannel?

Kal

On 11 Mar 2004 06:24:50 GMT, fathom wrote:

Kalman Rubinson wrote in
:

I haven't seen any decent
wireless systems, multichannel or stereo.

Kal

www.slimdevices.com

This baby delivers wireless stereo audio with 0 loss of
quality. It uses wi-fi networking to transmit lossless (or
lossy) audio to the small, silent (no moving parts!)
"Squeezebox". It has optical and coaxial digital outs, plus
stereo analog jacks. I connect it to my surround processor via
the digital coax, and it sounds just as good as the CD player.
It has to, since it is serving up bit-perfect lossless audio
files that remain in the digital domain until my processor
sends them to the amp.

So why not just use my CD player?

Because I can serve up any combination of over 5000 lossless
files (stored on a PC in the basement), select any song in
seconds (by artist, album, genre, or title), and prepare
optimized playlists for many occasions.

I'm also having a blast using the Squeezebox outside in the
back yard and garage. Coupled with the superb Aego2 powered
speakers, it makes working or playing outside a real pleasure.