Posted to rec.audio.marketplace
Mark SG

Default FA - PAIR OF BOSE 901 SERIES II SPEAKERS W/EQUALIZER- BROWN

PAIR OF BOSE 901 SERIES II SPEAKERS W/EQUALIZER- BROWN GRILLES

A fair pair of Bose 901 Series II speakers - generally regarded to be
the best of all the Bose 901 Series models. Each speaker cabinet has 9
speakers. Grill cloth color is brown, with walnut wood tops and bottoms.
The wood on the bottom corner edge of one of the speakers has broken off
- the broken piece is included, if you'd like to take a shot at repairing
it. The grill cloths are in excellent condition. The individual speakers
are all in excellent condition. (No aging deterioration or rotting).
The speaker dimensions are approximately 21 inches wide, 13 inches deep,
and 12 inches high. They can be used as floor speakers, on a shelf, or
hanging from chains, as I used them.

Each speaker weighs about 40 pounds. This auction does not include the
original Bose equalizer for this series, but instead has a similar Acoustic
Equalizer made by Norman Laboratories. It is essentially identical to the
Bose 901 Series II equalizer, in its controls and its equalization curve
characteristics. A copy of the original brochure and operation manual, with
instructions from Bose on how to hang the speakers for the best sound. Each
speaker cabinet is rated at taking up to 250 Watts RMS! The flagship Bose
901 Series II Direct/Reflecting® stereo speakers bring the warmth, power
and excitement of a concert hall or movie theater to your home. They create
the mix of direct and reflected sound you hear in a live performance, to
deliver a listening experience that conveys much of the emotion that only
live music can evoke.

Breakthrough technology for spacious performance. 901 speakers work by
reflecting about 90% of the sound off walls and other flat surfaces,
instead of aiming all the sound toward you, as conventional speakers do.
With Direct/Reflecting® speaker technology, anything you listen to-from
the latest DVD audio to your favorite vintage records-acquires lifelike
realism, because the speakers reproduce the natural concert hall balance
of direct and reflected sound. The result is what Bose calls Stereo
Everywhere® speaker performance-stereo performance that is clear and
lifelike everywhere in the room, instead of in just one 'sweet spot.
You'll experience balanced sound throughout the listening environment,
no matter where you sit or stand.

These are among the best speakers I have ever heard (I used a 4-channel
setup of 8 Bose 901 Series II speakers - 4 sets, hung in pairs) - they
can definitely run rings around JBLs, Klipschs, you name it. But my
current room does not allow them to be hung in the way that they need
to be to be heard best, so I'm sorry to let go of them. And, as I get
older, I'm not cranking the stereo the way I used to, so time to let
them go to a new home. I've had these speaker sets since 1976-1980,
when I put the 8-speaker set together.

These Bose 901 Series II Speaker Systems and the Norman Laboratories
Acoustic Equalizer are in fair to good condition, as noted above, and
are fully functional. Includes a copy of the Bose 901 Speaker brochure,
review and operation manual.

Pictures he
http://www.markglinsky.com/pics/Bose901C.jpg
http://www.markglinsky.com/pics/Bose901C1.jpg