Posted to rec.audio.pro
adam adam is offline

Default Project Mix I/O and AUX send/returns

hey.. i'm planning on getting the project mix i/o for my protools setup. i
have a lexicon fx unit i want to use with the interface.. does it have any
aux send/returns? if it doesn't, how would i go about connecting the
processor?
thanks,
-adam

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On May 23, 4:35 pm, "Adam" wrote:

i'm planning on getting the project mix i/o for my protools setup. i
have a lexicon fx unit i want to use with the interface.. does it have any
aux send/returns?

Not as such, but it has four analog outputs. Assuming you'll want to
use two of those for your monitor speakers, the other two are
available. You could assign the channels that you want to send to the
reverb unit to those outputs in ProTools, then connect the output of
the reverb unit to a pair of line inputs and send that back to
ProTools to make a "reverb" track that you could then mix in with the
dry tracks.

If you want a real analog send/return path, you might look into the M-
Audio NRV10. That might work out better for you if it has enough
controls.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
adam adam is offline

so the two remaining outputs can be used as an aux send, right? does this
mean i could use one output as a mono send, thus allowing me to have two fx
processors?
thanks

"Mike Rivers" wrote:
You could assign the channels that you want to send to the
reverb unit to those outputs in ProTools, then connect the output of
the reverb unit to a pair of line inputs and send that back to
ProTools to make a "reverb" track that you could then mix in with the
dry tracks.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On May 23, 7:49 pm, "Adam" wrote:
so the two remaining outputs can be used as an aux send, right? does this
mean i could use one output as a mono send, thus allowing me to have two fx
processors?

The world is your oyster. You only have to figure out how to open it.
The secret is learning how to work your DAW and use it effectively in
conjunction with your hardware.

Send / Returns question? AL Pro Audio 2 February 3rd 06 02:15 PM
Send me your addresses! Free Guestroom Project CD is almost done... No strings attached. £ Î Z @ R Ð Pro Audio 1 August 3rd 05 03:41 AM
$ 6 INVESTMENT - LARGE RETURNS $$$$ [email protected] Vacuum Tubes 0 June 9th 05 10:09 PM
Automating FX, Sends or Returns? FrankDebro1 Pro Audio 3 July 26th 03 08:39 AM