shawn suhr

Default Question on el34?

I have old altec monoblocks that have been rebuilt and im using svetlana
el34's i have tried the reprodution mullards and i like the robust midrange
but they don't have near the transparincy. what NOS tube may give me
resaults of the svetlanas but not quite as thin on the mids.
Thanks Shawn

truegridtz

"shawn suhr" wrote in message
I have old altec monoblocks that have been rebuilt and im using svetlana
el34's i have tried the reprodution mullards and i like the robust

midrange
but they don't have near the transparincy. what NOS tube may give me
resaults of the svetlanas but not quite as thin on the mids.
Thanks Shawn

I read an article by someone who had done a lot of comparisions. He said
that what a tube sounds like has a lot to do with the circuit it is in.
Bias voltages etc. are a factor. I recall that the way the tube is loaded
matters too.

Just pretend that you are rich and buy 'em all. They are always going up in
value and you may use them in the future for something else. Mark