shiva

Default ping choky / [SS Hafler/OT]

Hiya.
long time no write...
Listen, i remember i had to work on a Hafler & I think you came up with the
schematics & a good chunk of advice (rf snubber).
Well, here I go again - a Hafler P505 with a toasted side. Dumpster find,
but would pay for some nice OT's if I fix it. Oh, finally hit the big
time - got a pair of redback Tannoy 12's with crossovers - gorgeous original
cones, 16 ohms... have them in enclosures that took old jensen sigmas, and
it's speaker porn... Might build "the" enclosures for the things, when i
don't have to work 50000 jobs just to pay da bills...
Oh, tried toob bi-amping. As expected, sounded like crud, even with fancy
crossovers (both active & passive) & a zillion speaker setups. The only
multi-driver fair-priced (cheap) speaks that seem to work for my wilting
ears is SS power going into 508 altecs. Look silly, but sound wikid' with
70's records...
Anyhow, can you point me to a schematic? I'm still not too SS savvy, so
any hints on common f8ckups with front-ends onn them those boxen would be
appreciated. These are the suckers with bias & DC offset. Oh, sold the '45
amp - the $$$$ were too tempting... Thinking of either another '45 or some
nifty triode SE. Got a *huge* pair of nicely wound OT's, with the only
problem bein' the primaries bbein' 10K. or maybe I'llinline some chokes for
a choke-feed...
Surviving in the bowels of NYC,
-dim

Ping Bruce Siefried GKB Pro Audio 10 September 30th 04 12:52 PM
PING! Ethan Winer Mark Pro Audio 2 September 8th 04 03:13 AM
PING! Ethan Winer Mark Pro Audio 0 September 7th 04 08:07 PM
ping turner Choky Vacuum Tubes 25 June 22nd 04 03:03 AM
PING => Choky Gregg Vacuum Tubes 0 November 20th 03 02:24 AM