Engineer

Default Yamaha C-6 preamplifier tone controls

I've just bought a Yamaha C-6 preamplifier on eBay to go with my M4
power amplifier. So far, it look like a wonderful unit and sounds
great with "flat" T/C settings .

My question is about the tone controls, an alleged "parametric
equalizer". The manual (which I got with the unit) is a bit vague on
its use and says (in several languages and the tiniest print!)
something like "It's better than regular tone control and can do
anything." g

I could probably figure it out intuitively but does anyone have a
pointer to a better write-up on this thing?

Many thanks,

Roger

Dave Platt

Engineer wrote:

I've just bought a Yamaha C-6 preamplifier on eBay to go with my M4
power amplifier. So far, it look like a wonderful unit and sounds
great with "flat" T/C settings .

My question is about the tone controls, an alleged "parametric
equalizer". The manual (which I got with the unit) is a bit vague on
its use and says (in several languages and the tiniest print!)
something like "It's better than regular tone control and can do
anything." g

I could probably figure it out intuitively but does anyone have a
pointer to a better write-up on this thing?

http://stereos.about.com/cs/componen...equalizers.htm may help.

http://www.jlaudio.com/tutorials/ has a link to an interactive Flash
tutorial on setting up a parametric EQ.

--