Ross Matheson

Default Particle physicists rescue rare vinyl recordings

http://www.newscientist.com/hottopic...=Hot%20Stories

"The researchers have shown that the technique can faithfully restore some
extremely rare recordings to their former glory, including the 1950
recording of "Goodnight Irene" by Huddie "Leadbelly" Ledbetter.

The team have released two audio clips (Windows Audio File format) to
highlight the difference between the recordings before and after the optical
technique was applied."

(1.59MB & 1.61MB. Dusk and daylight;-)
--
RdM

Randy Yates

Ross Matheson writes:

http://www.newscientist.com/hottopic...=Hot%20Stories

"The researchers have shown that the technique can faithfully restore some
extremely rare recordings to their former glory, including the 1950
recording of "Goodnight Irene" by Huddie "Leadbelly" Ledbetter.

The team have released two audio clips (Windows Audio File format) to
highlight the difference between the recordings before and after the optical
technique was applied."

(1.59MB & 1.61MB. Dusk and daylight;-)
--
RdM

Was it that old? I was born in 57 and remember a recording of that
circa 61. Was there a remake? "Good night, Irene, good night, Irene -
I'll see you in my dreams."
--
% Randy Yates % "And all that I can do
%% Fuquay-Varina, NC % is say I'm sorry,
TonyP

"Randy Yates" wrote in message
Was it that old? I was born in 57 and remember a recording of that
circa 61. Was there a remake? "Good night, Irene, good night, Irene -
I'll see you in my dreams."

The Weavers version was pretty popular at the time I think.

TonyP.