tracyheadley

Default 1995 buick cd/radio/cassette combo

I just bought a 1995 Buick with this combo in it. When you insert a CD it
begins to play and then about 40 seconds into the song it gets garbled and
stops playing. The CD display shows "err" message. When you take out the
cd it's scratched now. What could be the problem? Should I just buy a new
unit?

joe.ker

"tracyheadley" wrote in message
lkaboutaudio.com...
I just bought a 1995 Buick with this combo in it. When you insert a CD it
begins to play and then about 40 seconds into the song it gets garbled and
stops playing. The CD display shows "err" message. When you take out the
cd it's scratched now. What could be the problem? Should I just buy a new
unit?

Sounds like the Jensen 1-1/2 din unit. Best bet is to replace that

tracyheadley

Thanks, I figured it was a replacement issue. I found one on Ebay for
159.00 is that reasonable?

joe.ker

"tracyheadley" wrote in message
lkaboutaudio.com...
Thanks, I figured it was a replacement issue. I found one on Ebay for
159.00 is that reasonable?

I think they sell brand new retail with warranty for about $199-$259

tracyheadley

Thanks for the info. I could probably buy a replacement cd player cheaper
but I want the factory original since it's a cd/radio/cassette combo.
Again, thanks for the replies.

Tracy

Power Antenna 1995 Toyota Avalon Harold Hyatt Car Audio 2 October 2nd 04 06:42 PM
1995 Buick Skylark headlight problem d3adr0ck Car Audio 3 November 20th 03 06:18 PM
Best small mixer and/or mixer/amp/spkr combo? Jon Davis Pro Audio 2 November 18th 03 10:30 PM
95 Buick Regal BBB Car Audio 2 November 13th 03 05:59 PM
Where are those Wascally Weapons of Mass Destwuction??? Jacob Kramer Audio Opinions 1094 September 9th 03 02:20 AM