-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

Default couple quick questions.

Got my HiFonics ZEUS HZCX6.2C 6.5" Components today from sounddomain. bech
tested them and they are so ****in clean and loud. I cant wait to install
them. I am planning on doing kickpanels in a 88 Corsica. What are the best
materialsto use. I was thinking of doing a MDF mounting plate and fiberglass
surrounding the MDF molded to the side panel of the front firewall - (also
what is the best way to join fiberglass to metal??). Or should I try one of
those $250 custom deals made specifically to fit my car (plastic)?. I want
the best bass and imaging possible. Would it just be stupid to put the
midbass in the kicks and surface mount the tweeters on the dash? Think will
it ruin the image? it is my first time installing components....

EFFENDI

Scott Johnson

"-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-" wrote in message
[...]

MDF and fiberglass are a good combination. if the metal is sanded and clean,
the standard resin used for fiberglass should stick to it just fine. The
plastic kick panels i've seen are made really cheaply.

Brandon Buckner

Agreed on the prefab kickpanels. They look really nice, but are very
flimsy. If used, they should be firmed up with something. Fiberglass
works nicely on the backside. If the OP (EFFENDI) has the neccesary
skills with FG, I'd say go for making them. MDF trim/mounting rings and
fiberglass should work great. Finishing up the viewable part is the
trick. Carpet will be easiest and probably match the car's interior best.

It would not be stupid to mount the tweeters on the dash if it sounds
good to you. Once you've got at least rudimentary kickpanels in place,
you might try temporarily mounting the tweeters to the dash with tape or
something and see if you like it. If not, find someplace else you do
like. I'm personally a fan of tweeters up by the dash.

Brandonb

Scott Johnson wrote:

"-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-" wrote in message

[...]

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

Thanks for the suggestions. As soon as i get the car back from the shop im
going to start on them. It realy will be the first time ive done fiberglass.
(what is the steps to making kickpanels??) Only reason i asked about the
tweeter thing is because the mftr says that they should be no more than 1
foot apart. if thats the case, with tweeters in dash, will be like 1 1/2-2
feet at most. ive found some people who have modified 4x6 kickpanels for
the 91+ Berettas (same car as a corsica, newer, 2 door model) into 6.5" but
they are plastic (factory) and they dont look all that good.
http://corsica.datsfunny.com/kicks/ I havent seen anyone with fiberglass
kickpanels and i am a little worried about durability compared to plastic.
If i can find factory kicks and modify them i might try that first before i
fiberglass.

EFFENDI

Scott Johnson wrote:

"-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-" wrote in message

[...]

Brandon Buckner

There are a lot of sites with step-by-step instructions on making kick
panels with fiberglass that can be found with Google. Also, there are a
lot of posts about it on the Termpro Fabrication forum. I highly suggest
reading through some of those before starting. I don't think durability
will be an issue with the fiberglass.

Brandonb

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I- wrote:

[...]

Sam Carleton

On Tue, 22 Jul 2003 at 10:32 GMT, -E-F-F-E-N-D-I- wrote:
Got my HiFonics ZEUS HZCX6.2C 6.5" Components today from sounddomain. bech
tested them and they are so ****in clean and loud. I cant wait to install
them. I am planning on doing kickpanels in a 88 Corsica. What are the best
materialsto use. I was thinking of doing a MDF mounting plate and fiberglass
surrounding the MDF molded to the side panel of the front firewall - (also
what is the best way to join fiberglass to metal??). Or should I try one of
those $250 custom deals made specifically to fit my car (plastic)?. I want
the best bass and imaging possible. Would it just be stupid to put the
midbass in the kicks and surface mount the tweeters on the dash? Think will
it ruin the image? it is my first time installing components....

I really cannot anwser any of your Q's, but I do have some
fiberglassingl links on my link engine that I thought you might find
useful:

http://tinyurl.com/hq5d

If you find some more sites, I would much appreciate it if you would
submit them to my site

Sam

--
See my links engine for a collection of sites that
might be of interest to you. Your additions will
-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

Just read about 3 hours about fiberglass on TermPro - I think im giving up
on R.A.C and goin there from now on. less usenet drama and people actually
help one another. thanks for your suggestions.

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I- wrote:

[...]

Eddie Runner

Default another one bites the dust couple quick questions.

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I- wrote:

Just read about 3 hours about fiberglass on TermPro - I think im giving up
on R.A.C and goin there from now on. less usenet drama and people actually
help one another. thanks for your suggestions.

Why not GO QUIETLY?
Why do you have to say it like a THREAT??

Ya think someone here is gonna BEG YOU to stay or something???

ha ha ha

always cracks me up when someone tells us they are leaving...
Last time I spent alot of time on Termpro I didnt run around to RAC and
all the other forums I was on and tell everyone....

WHO GIVES A RATS ASS???

see ya, chao, adios, ta ta, sayonora, aloha, bye bye!

Sam Carleton

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 at 15:42 GMT, Eddie Runner wrote:
-E-F-F-E-N-D-I- wrote:

Just read about 3 hours about fiberglass on TermPro - I think im giving up
on R.A.C and goin there from now on. less usenet drama and people actually
help one another. thanks for your suggestions.

Why not GO QUIETLY?
Why do you have to say it like a THREAT??

Ya think someone here is gonna BEG YOU to stay or something???

ha ha ha

always cracks me up when someone tells us they are leaving...
Last time I spent alot of time on Termpro I didnt run around to RAC and
all the other forums I was on and tell everyone....

WHO GIVES A RATS ASS???

see ya, chao, adios, ta ta, sayonora, aloha, bye bye!

Why waste the bandwidth? For that matter why am I? Don't know

Hallraker

Why not GO QUIETLY?
Why do you have to say it like a THREAT??

Ya think someone here is gonna BEG YOU to stay or something???

ha ha ha

always cracks me up when someone tells us they are leaving...
Last time I spent alot of time on Termpro I didnt run around to RAC and
all the other forums I was on and tell everyone....

WHO GIVES A RATS ASS???

see ya, chao, adios, ta ta, sayonora, aloha, bye bye!

I seem to think it was more of a statement than a threat. I've been reading
Usenet groups for over 10 years now, and he does have a point. There IS a
lot of drama that goes on in Usenet, and some groups are worse than others.
rec.audio.car isn't that bad really when you compare it to some of the other
groups out there, in fact I'd dare say it falls in the middle between
pleasant and unpleasant. Personally, I'm prepared to zip up my fireproof
suit and brave the flames if I have to, but some people don't wish to deal
with that sort of thing, and that's their choice.

If you want to see a REALLY bad newsgroup, check out rec.radio.cb. I'd
guess that over 90% of the posts there (at least the last time I looked)
were trolls and flames. On the other hand, alt.autos.subaru is the nicest
NG I've ever been in.

-Matt

P.S. Eddie, thanks again for your technical info, it made installing my amp
a lot easier!

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I-

naw i wasnt trying to threaten no one. im just playing around thought id get
all you haters back hatin. just going to termpro for install/fabrication
info. naw for real though i just like termpro better because of the way the
forums are, its all in one page and you can sit back and just read it and
scroll away all that information. if there is some way to do it on usenet
cuz i hate having to sort through a hundred+ threads to find waht im looking
for. there is a dude on there (termpro) who runs a school or something so
for me its a better place to start rather than in here. R.A.C. where you
have to know everything and be a professional installer to even post (just
playin but nah mean). i just posted that cuz maybe someone else is looking
around trying to find information on fiberglassing and fabrication.

EFFENDI

-E-F-F-E-N-D-I- wrote:

[...]

Soundfreak03

naw i wasnt trying to threaten no one. im just playing around thought id get
all you haters back hatin.

HEHE, You be representin' EFFENDI. Ya all dem haters on this group are whacked
out, you know what Im sayin'.
Ok enough of that. Your bitching because people and the drama and then you come
here TROLLING and admit it. You have got to be one of the dumbest people, well
besides Jeffrey Julian DeMarco. Hey maybe he has just changed his trolling
style and become EFFENDI, whatever the hell that means. Anyway see ya later, I
dont expect you to reply becuase, well you just embarrass yourself everytime
you do.

Les
Paul Hanley

...and will be for a long time to come I'm certain!!!

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 15:30:41 GMT, Eddie Runner
wrote:

Lissy is still just a NEWBIE to me... I have been here a LONG time
now havent I.... ha ha

Paul Hanley wrote:

No doubt, you're in the running Liz.. Eddie has just been wreaking
havoc on RAC for longer than most of us. Post for post, he is the
undisputed champ.

-P

On Wed, 23 Jul 2003 23:49:32 -0400, The Lizard
wrote:

Paul Hanley wrote:
99% of the drama on RAC is due to Eddie. He's the RAC Drama Queen.
That's why we love him!

HEY! What am I, chopped liver? I use the ALL CAPS LETTERS TO GET MY
POINT ACROSS! Don't I use multiple explamation points and question
marks?! I even make fun of people like Markypooh!

I'll always be a drama newbie to someone like Eddie Runner, but SURELY I
ACCOUNT FOR MORE THAN 1%!!!!