Posted to rec.audio.tech
tg

Default req adv: soundcard with dedicated headphone support

I'm looking for a soundcard that comes with it's own dedicated headphone connection point, either internal or external, it doesn't
matter.
Note: I know I can plug headphones into a cards sound output but that's not what I want. What I need is a soundcard that will
provide headphone audio independent of any windows settings or speaker output.
Thanks for any pointers.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Pooh Bear

tg wrote:

I'm looking for a soundcard that comes with it's own dedicated headphone connection point, either internal or external, it
doesn'matter.
Note: I know I can plug headphones into a cards sound output but that's not what I want. What I need is a soundcard that will
provide headphone audio independent of any windows settings or speaker output.

You mean you don't even want the 'mixer' application or Media Player etc's slider to alter the volume. I suspect you're out of luck
there !

The small amplifier fitted to most sound cards is in fact perfectly adequate as a headphone amp albeit rarely of great quality.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
tg

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message ...

You mean you don't even want the 'mixer' application or Media Player etc's slider to alter the volume. I suspect you're out of
luck
there !

The small amplifier fitted to most sound cards is in fact perfectly adequate as a headphone amp albeit rarely of great quality.

the quality or volume control of the headphones is of no consequence to my needs here. I can control the volume with external
hardware. I need raw headphone support that will always be on even if the software I'm using tries to switch the normal ports off.