MOSFET

Default Alpine Ai-NET Question

Hey guys!

I have an Alpine 7863 Head-Unit (with Ai-NET capability) and I also have a
13 band EQ under my seat, but I would like more accessible EQ controls. So
I see just now on Ebay an Alpine ERA-G100 (11 band EQ, DSP, etc.) currently
at $9.00. But this unit is just a black box with Ai-NET inputs and RCA
outputs.

So would this work with my player? Would I control the EQ/DSP functions
from my 7863? I assume that's how Ai-NET works but I've never really looked
into it. I went to the Alpine web site and there is no owner's manual
available for the ERA-G100, nor is this discussed in my 7863 owner's manual
(only the use of a changer is discussed).

Also, I currently use an adaptor to run my DVD player into the Ai-NET/CD
changer input. The ERA-G100 has both an Ai-NET/CD changer input as well as
the Ai-NET connection to the source unit. I assume I can run my DVD plaer
into the ERA-G100 with the same adaptor.

Any help would be appreciated as this is a pretty smoking deal. Thanks.

MOSFET

MOSFET

In an old copy of CA&E (buyer's guide 1999) I found that the ERA-G100 is
designed only for the CVA-1000.

That bozo who is selling that thing on Ebay should have said that, it's a
pretty big deal!

Thanks anyway,

MOSFET

"MOSFET" wrote in message
[...]