Sabry Khalfallah

Default CD player: high-pitched noise during "tracking

Hello everybody,

I recently had my mini hifi system (Pioneer Diva 7, 1998) repaired and
its optical block was changed.
Since then, during all "tracking" phases (i.e CD loading, start/stop
playing, jump to selected track) the CD player emits a hich-pitched
noise (faint but audible) that it did not emit previously... Happilly
everything is ok during play !
I did some tests with various CDs (brand new, old ones, original ones,
CDRs). The only bizarre thing occured with CDRs : when I try to achieve
a large track jump (e.g. 2-9) it doesn't work and the CD player is
reset as if the CD had just been loaded... but I had never tried to do
this previously...
Nevertheless do you think that the high-pitched noise during "tracking"
phases is worrying and justifies to bring back the system to the repair
workshop ?!?
Thanks a lot in advance ! Regards,

Sabry

Scott Dorsey

Sabry Khalfallah wrote:

I recently had my mini hifi system (Pioneer Diva 7, 1998) repaired and
its optical block was changed.
Since then, during all "tracking" phases (i.e CD loading, start/stop
playing, jump to selected track) the CD player emits a hich-pitched
noise (faint but audible) that it did not emit previously... Happilly
everything is ok during play !

And, did they do the full calibration and lubricate the servo motor
or stepper motor?

I did some tests with various CDs (brand new, old ones, original ones,
CDRs). The only bizarre thing occured with CDRs : when I try to achieve
a large track jump (e.g. 2-9) it doesn't work and the CD player is
reset as if the CD had just been loaded... but I had never tried to do
this previously...
Nevertheless do you think that the high-pitched noise during "tracking"
phases is worrying and justifies to bring back the system to the repair
workshop ?!?

Sounds like the servo system is hunting. Probably it would be worth it
to find out why.

Noise problem please help. dconder Car Audio 38 October 6th 03 11:21 PM
Isn't noise cumulative? a technical question Garthrr Pro Audio 10 August 17th 03 06:08 PM
hearing loss info Andy Weaks Car Audio 17 August 10th 03 08:32 AM
MP3 player noise issue ocran Car Audio 0 August 5th 03 07:20 PM
Noise - alternator, shrieking, etc with Delphi XM satellite system news.adelphia.net Car Audio 0 July 8th 03 07:07 AM