Enough Already

Default What motivates chronic noise makers?

Boom stereos and Harleys are two of the biggest sources of gratuitous
(unnecessary) noise pollution in America. Other noise-makers like
planes, trains and construction vehicles are usually doing something
of value. There's a big difference between noise made for utilitarian
purposes and noise made "just because." To all of you who make the
latter: Since you know people are angered by your gratuitous low
frequencies and gatling-gun exhaust pipes, WHY do you do it and why do
you have so little conscience about it?

I keep hearing that bikers are actually "nice people" and subwoofer
addicts are "just kids having fun." But nice people don't knowingly
rob citizens of the right to peace, quiet and unbroken sleep in their
homes, then top it off by getting defiant about it when questioned.
Decent people don't make all that noise in the _first place_, and if
they do it out of genuine misunderstanding, they don't KEEP doing it
when people ask them (politely at first, which rarely works) to stop.

CAR BOOMERS: Do you think you'll get more girls if you play "badass"
thumpin' music, or is it a way of telling other thugs that you own a
particular territory (like a dog ****ing on a phone pole)? People who
live in the neighborhood and pay taxes for the streets should just put
up with it, right? And if they don't, you'll slash their tires?
Audio-wise, true music fans know that boom bass drowns out clarity.
You can't project 30hz for three blocks and get balanced, clean sound.
We who are subjected to it know that's never been your real motive.

HARLEY RIDERS: Are you _trying_ to annoy people in their homes or
prove a point that "cager" society needs to understand? Is it part of
your worldview that anyone who doesn't ride a motorcycle lacks
fundamental coolness, and is too uptight about the racket you make?
When you sit and idle your bikes for many minutes is it weak oil
circulation, poor timing, or something else? In relatively modern
engines, most idling (beyond the stall point) is pointless wear,
especially if you have no A/C to run. You're doing it for other
reasons, aren't you?

These questions don't apply to those who limit their noise to areas
where the public is unaffected, so let's not go off on the old
"blanket-labeling" tangent to distract from this nationwide problem.

I'm talking about the thousands, if not millions of boomers and
pipe-farters who _knowingly_ and _willingly_ disturb the peace. WHY do
you do it? Saying that cars can't hear you without extreme pipes is a
clever self-serving defense, but it can't be the main reason. I think
you mostly want people to see you as rebels; the endless high-school
mentality. Saying that boom bass is free speech or a diversion for
youth who might become criminals without a "hobby" doesn't cut it
either. Plenty of hobbies are far less obnoxious. Obnoxious people are
drawn to disruptive activities, so it's about YOU, not just what you
"happen" to enjoy.

What are your TRUE motives for trashing others' quality of life in
their own homes, especially at night when they need to sleep? Let's
get at least one honest answer here, please.

E.A.

http://enough_already.tripod.com/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.
CyclePrick

"Enough Already" wrote in message
m...
Boom stereos and Harleys are two of the biggest sources of gratuitous
(unnecessary) noise pollution in America. Other noise-makers like
planes, trains and construction vehicles are usually doing something
of value. There's a big difference between noise made for utilitarian
purposes and noise made "just because." To all of you who make the
latter: Since you know people are angered by your gratuitous low
frequencies and gatling-gun exhaust pipes, WHY do you do it and why do

Because I ****en can!
snip

--
CyclePrick
Girly Bike Rider Extraodinaire

Schmoe

"Enough Already" wrote in message
m...
snip

HARLEY RIDERS: Are you _trying_ to annoy people in their homes or
prove a point that "cager" society needs to understand? Is it part of
your worldview that anyone who doesn't ride a motorcycle lacks
fundamental coolness, and is too uptight about the racket you make?
When you sit and idle your bikes for many minutes is it weak oil
circulation, poor timing, or something else? In relatively modern
engines, most idling (beyond the stall point) is pointless wear,
especially if you have no A/C to run. You're doing it for other
reasons, aren't you?

snip

You know, you've raised some very important and valid points. Now I've
thought out a carefully developed answer for you to ponder and respond to.
Please page down a bit...
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
,
SHUT THE **** UP YOU ****ING **** ****

hawgeye

"Enough Already" wrote...
Boom stereos and Harleys are two of the biggest sources of gratuitous
(unnecessary) noise pollution in America.

You forgot whining tree-huggers!

Tom

Enough Already wrote:

Boom stereos and Harleys are two of the biggest sources of gratuitous
(unnecessary) noise pollution in America.

WHY do you do it and why do you have so little conscience about it?

Because the whole ****in' world is full of idiots like you who bug the
**** out of me.You bug me, so therefore I have the right to bug you. So
stick it up your ass.

Tell you what, I'll ride a quiet bike if and when they shut down the
telemarketers that ring MY phone in MY house when nobody told them they
could.

Tom

Wayne Fernandez

"Enough Already" wrote in message
m...
Boom stereos and Harleys are two of the biggest sources of gratuitous
(unnecessary) noise pollution in America.

whack the rest since I just read enough bull****

1. Find a rope

2. **** up it

3. Explain to mommy why your pants and shirt are all wet

--

MWF AH 52
The road goes on forever

Don T.

"hawgeye" wrote in message
et...
"Enough Already" wrote...
Boom stereos and Harleys are two of the biggest sources of gratuitous
(unnecessary) noise pollution in America.

You forgot whining tree-huggers!

I am more concerned about the whining tree-humpers. They get noisy enough to
get your attension.

Don T- Talk about trying to get a mind pic out of your mind.

AH#104

Enough Already wrote:
Boom stereos and Harleys are two of the
biggest sources of gratuitous (unnecessary)
noise pollution in America.

There.
Now isn't THAT a much better troll? Yours was much too long... and boring.

1.275

--
ASSHOLE #104 Len

Steve Mackay

Enough Already wrote:
Boom stereos and Harleys are two of the biggest sources of gratuitous
(unnecessary) noise pollution in America.

No, it's most likely your endless whining.

Other noise-makers like
planes, trains and construction vehicles are usually doing something
of value. There's a big difference between noise made for utilitarian
purposes and noise made "just because." To all of you who make the
latter: Since you know people are angered by your gratuitous low
frequencies and gatling-gun exhaust pipes, WHY do you do it and why do
you have so little conscience about it?

Because it's my right as an American to do so. Who the **** are you to
question it?

I keep hearing that bikers are actually "nice people" and subwoofer
addicts are "just kids having fun." But nice people don't knowingly
rob citizens of the right to peace, quiet and unbroken sleep in their
homes, then top it off by getting defiant about it when questioned.
Decent people don't make all that noise in the _first place_, and if
they do it out of genuine misunderstanding, they don't KEEP doing it
when people ask them (politely at first, which rarely works) to stop.

Decent people wouldn't ask me to give up my rights either.

CAR BOOMERS: Do you think you'll get more girls if you play "badass"
thumpin' music, or is it a way of telling other thugs that you own a
particular territory (like a dog ****ing on a phone pole)? People who
live in the neighborhood and pay taxes for the streets should just put
up with it, right? And if they don't, you'll slash their tires?
Audio-wise, true music fans know that boom bass drowns out clarity.
You can't project 30hz for three blocks and get balanced, clean sound.
We who are subjected to it know that's never been your real motive.

HARLEY RIDERS: Are you _trying_ to annoy people in their homes

Only you. I've never heard ONE single complaint from my neighbors. And I
leave for work many mornings at 4:30AM.

It's my right to make that noise. Who the **** are you to question it?

When you sit and idle your bikes for many minutes is it weak oil
circulation, poor timing, or something else? In relatively modern
engines, most idling (beyond the stall point) is pointless wear,
especially if you have no A/C to run. You're doing it for other
reasons, aren't you?

These questions don't apply to those who limit their noise to areas
where the public is unaffected, so let's not go off on the old
"blanket-labeling" tangent to distract from this nationwide problem.

I'm talking about the thousands, if not millions of boomers and
pipe-farters who _knowingly_ and _willingly_ disturb the peace.

And it's absolutely no difference than your post here. You _KNOWINGLY_
posted this to get someone's undies in a bundle. So how are *YOU* any
different?

WHY do
you do it?

Why did you write this post?

Saying that cars can't hear you without extreme pipes is a
clever self-serving defense, but it can't be the main reason. I think
you mostly want people to see you as rebels; the endless high-school
mentality. Saying that boom bass is free speech or a diversion for
youth who might become criminals without a "hobby" doesn't cut it
either. Plenty of hobbies are far less obnoxious.

I'm sorry if we don't take up your favorite past time of knitting.

Obnoxious people are
drawn to disruptive activities, so it's about YOU, not just what you
"happen" to enjoy.

What are your TRUE motives for trashing others' quality of life in
their own homes, especially at night when they need to sleep? Let's
get at least one honest answer here, please.

You got it. Just because you wont like the answers(which I'm sure you wont),
doesn't make them dishonest.

E.A.

http://enough_already.tripod.com/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.

snowdundr

Enough Already wrote:
Boom stereos and Harleys are two of the biggest sources of gratuitous
(unnecessary) noise pollution in America.

From your own site....

"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so
certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts." (Bertrand
Russell)

Zippy, you don't seem doubtful in your gratuitously sweeping
generalizations.

Tim

Tony Fernandes

I myself think it's VERY inconsiderate to boom your stereo in a residential
area...regardless of the time of day. Have I done it before? Yes...when I
was 16. I'm 32 now and have a much nicer, louder system, but I try very
hard not to disturb others with it.

It's people like you guys that obviously don't care about anyone else but
themselves that bring it upon yourselves when cities start creating car
stereo ordinances. Then you moan and complain that the f-ing cops are out
there harassing you. Believe me guys, even though you obviously outnumber
myself and Enough Already on this board, it's not that way in real life.

And as far as exhaust noise goes? Most states have laws regarding excessive
noise in this regard. So for the person that posted that he's an American
and has the right to do anything they want....get a clue & grow up.

I personally have more tolerance than Enough Already for these sorts of
noises, but just because I do doesn't mean others do as well.

Have some respect.

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that

Schmoe

"Tony Fernandes" wrote in message
[...]

You're right. Let me buy you a nice, fresh cup of shut the **** up. Where do
you live so we can bring a fresh cup over on my too ****ing loud moped.

GuitarMan

"Enough Already" wrote in message
m...

enough already! go away!

Steve Mackay

Tony Fernandes wrote:
I myself think it's VERY inconsiderate to boom your stereo in a
residential area...regardless of the time of day. Have I done it
before? Yes...when I was 16. I'm 32 now and have a much nicer,
louder system, but I try very hard not to disturb others with it.

It's people like you guys that obviously don't care about anyone else
but themselves that bring it upon yourselves when cities start
creating car stereo ordinances. Then you moan and complain that the
f-ing cops are out there harassing you. Believe me guys, even though
you obviously outnumber myself and Enough Already on this board, it's
not that way in real life.

And as far as exhaust noise goes? Most states have laws regarding
excessive noise in this regard. So for the person that posted that
he's an American and has the right to do anything they want....get a
clue & grow up.

As soon as I *EVER* get pulled over for exhaust, I'll throw the 'quiet'
baffles in mine. Which btw would be pretty much never, living about 20
minutes from the HD factory. There were 1/4 million+ bikes here a few weeks
ago for the 100th. The noise was non stop, ya think people whined about it?
Nope... ****, there were 10,000+ camped about a mile from me. Woke my kid up
a few times, big deal, I'll get over it. I don't especially like the 'boom
boom' rattle boxes that these kids like these days(ya know, it takes more
than a coupla' 12"ers slaped in a car to make 'decent' base, I wish these
kids realized that), but I don't go around whining about it, and I wont take
their right to go deaf either...

I personally have more tolerance than Enough Already for these sorts
of noises, but just because I do doesn't mean others do as well.

Have some respect.

Tony

Paul Vina

I wish these
kids realized that), but I don't go around whining about it, and I wont

take
their right to go deaf either...

So loud music will make you go deaf but not a loud exhaust? That's logical
thinking. Must have been riding too many rigid.

Paul Vina

Irv

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
I wish these
kids realized that), but I don't go around whining about it, and I wont

take
their right to go deaf either...

So loud music will make you go deaf but not a loud exhaust? That's

logical
thinking. Must have been riding too many rigid.

Doing 90mph down the freeway....I don't hear a thing.

--
Steve Irving (Irv)

2002 FXSTDI (Moby)
1997 Honda Shadow VT1100C2 ACE
1971 Honda CB350
1967 Kawasaki Samurai 250 (RIP)
Arguing on the Internet is like running in the Special Olympics, even if you
win you're still retarded.
Gator Navy 1971 - 1975 USS Duluth LPD-6
http://www.nite.com/bike.html

Steve Mackay

Paul Vina wrote:
I wish these
kids realized that), but I don't go around whining about it, and I
wont take their right to go deaf either...

So loud music will make you go deaf but not a loud exhaust? That's
logical thinking. Must have been riding too many rigid.

Paul Vina

I guess you've never sat in one of those 'boom boom' cars, eh?

Denny

****in' off a self-righteous trolling muther****er like you is about
all the motivation I need. Anyway, you wouldn't know a Harley from an
Indian from a Honda ... even if I shoved one up yer ass.

------
Denny
'02 FLHR

Paul Vina

I have. I used to build them for customers. I was just saying it's pretty
hypocritical to say that cars with a lot of bass will make you go deaf and a
loud exhaust won't.
BTW, it's loud midrange that will damage your hearing, not loud bass.

Paul Vina

"Steve Mackay" wrote in message
Paul Vina wrote:
I wish these
kids realized that), but I don't go around whining about it, and I
wont take their right to go deaf either...

So loud music will make you go deaf but not a loud exhaust? That's
logical thinking. Must have been riding too many rigid.

Paul Vina

I guess you've never sat in one of those 'boom boom' cars, eh?

Jordon

Enough Already wrote...

HARLEY RIDERS: Are you _trying_ to annoy people in their homes

Nope, just you. Is it working?
Steve Mackay

Paul Vina wrote:
I have. I used to build them for customers. I was just saying it's
pretty hypocritical to say that cars with a lot of bass will make you
go deaf and a loud exhaust won't.
BTW, it's loud midrange that will damage your hearing, not loud bass.

Paul Vina

Then you've never bothered to ride a Harley. Even with 'open' drag pipes,
your hearing isn't going to be affected.

Paul Vina wrote:
I wish these
kids realized that), but I don't go around whining about it, and I
wont take their right to go deaf either...

So loud music will make you go deaf but not a loud exhaust? That's
logical thinking. Must have been riding too many rigid.

Paul Vina

I guess you've never sat in one of those 'boom boom' cars, eh?

AH#104

danielc sed:
You cut me off on purpose you better light
the throttle and outrun me before I get your
license plate.

Because I *will* leave a nasty note on your windshield!

(_104_)

Daniel Snooks

Spunky The Tuna wrote
Face it, Snookums, you're screwed.

How did I get tangled up in all this !?!

--
Regards,
Dan Snooks

sniff ... here I am just trying to create sonic perfection and all I get is
grief :-(

Don T.

"AH#104" wrote in message
danielc sed:
You cut me off on purpose you better light
the throttle and outrun me before I get your
license plate.

Because I *will* leave a nasty note on your windshield!

Well, I will rub my pecker on his doorhandle and when he opens his door, I
will jump out of the bushes laughing and yelling "Smell your hand, smell
your hand!!!!!"

Don T.- That will teach them.

Roach

"Enough Already" wrote

a bunch of bull-****.

**** you, you tree-hugging liberal do-gooding piece of socialist
****.

But I don't mean that in a bad sort of a way.

--
Roach - aka "La-Kook-A-Roccia"
PhillyHoodlum©#2, BS#196, DOF#yes MANS, SENS

Enough Already

Spunky The Tuna wrote in message . 188.2...

(Enough Already) wrote:

Boom stereos and Harleys are two of the biggest sources of gratuitous
(unnecessary) noise pollution in America. Other noise-makers like
planes, trains and construction vehicles are usually doing something
of value. There's a big difference between noise made for utilitarian
purposes and noise made "just because." To all of you who make the
latter: Since you know people are angered by your gratuitous low
frequencies and gatling-gun exhaust pipes, WHY do you do it and why do
you have so little conscience about it?

It's personal.

We do it just to **** you off. We're going to continue to do it until your
daughter reaches puberty and then we're going to grab her off the street
and when we're done passing her around until she can only manage to fart
bassoon notes we're going to sell her to somebody in the Middle East who'll
lease her out as an after dinner mint.

We've already all had your wife, your dog, and have shown your 11 year old
son where all the porn sites are.

Face it, Snookums, you're screwed.

I already know you don't give a damn about anyone but yourself, but
how did you GET that way? Was it childhood trauma perpetuated through
generations of angry genes? Don't just blame your dad. I had a rough
early life myself but I didn't turn into a tattooed, arrogant punk
with no respect for others unless they're part of "the gang."

I already know WHAT you are, I'm looking for the WHY of it. This is a
(probably futile) attempt to see if your type can EVER be reasoned
with, or if I should just find a new neighborhood. The problem is,
noisy scumbags seem to be everywhere these days and I don't know if it
would matter.

E.A.

http://enough_already.tripod.com/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.
AH#104

Enough Already sed:
I already know you don't give a damn
about anyone but yourself,

You *know* this? Well, I guess you don't know ****.

snip some more drivel

... or if I should just find a new neighborhood.

Please, stay here...

And quit cross-posting.

(_104_)

Enough Already

"Tony Fernandes" wrote in message ...

It's people like you guys that obviously don't care about anyone else but
themselves that bring it upon yourselves when cities start creating car
stereo ordinances. Then you moan and complain that the f-ing cops are out
there harassing you. Believe me guys, even though you obviously outnumber
myself and Enough Already on this board, it's not that way in real life.

Good post. Usenet does seem to condense people into small
self-righteous kingdoms, a lot like real-life gangs. Unfortunately
there are enough of these people in the real world to cause serious
trouble; trouble sleeping at the very least.

I'm not going to waste more time with this thread because I can see
it's a lost cause. I'll deal with audio terrorists one at a time the
way I always have. I guess there's no need to learn about their deeper
psychology.

E.A.

http://enough_already.tripod.com/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.
Enough Already

Mase wrote in message ...

Heh, I just bought my 2003 sportster s, read this and decided it was
time to go ahead and purchase the cycle shack slip-ons!

Thanks man!

Would you like it if someone started pounding on your door at 2AM
nightly, waking you up and making you worry when the next "shoe" would
drop, preventing further sound sleep? Would that be a _good_ thing,
man?

That's what it's like when you have neighbor who rides at all hours
(selling drugs or whatever). Truly a great bunch of people with the
utmost respect for others. Upstanding citizens and patriots. Righteous
to the core.

E.A.

http://enough_already.tripod.com/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.
Enough Already

"CyclePrick" wrote in message ...

"Enough Already" wrote in message
m...
Boom stereos and Harleys are two of the biggest sources of gratuitous
(unnecessary) noise pollution in America. Other noise-makers like
planes, trains and construction vehicles are usually doing something
of value. There's a big difference between noise made for utilitarian
purposes and noise made "just because." To all of you who make the
latter: Since you know people are angered by your gratuitous low
frequencies and gatling-gun exhaust pipes, WHY do you do it and why do

Because I ****en can!

I would too if I was an asshole, but I'm not, so I respect others'
right to peace and quiet.

Now, can you explain WHY you make so much noise? Or did I already get
the answer right above?

E.A.

http://enough_already.tripod.com/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.

Enough Already

Tom wrote in message ...

Enough Already wrote:

Boom stereos and Harleys are two of the biggest sources of gratuitous
(unnecessary) noise pollution in America.

WHY do you do it and why do you have so little conscience about it?

Because the whole ****in' world is full of idiots like you who bug the
**** out of me.You bug me, so therefore I have the right to bug you. So
stick it up your ass.

Let's see, YOU make the noise in the FIRST place and I complain about
it, therefore I'M the one who started the whole episode? That's
typical gang thinking. You forget who drew first blood and create a
twisted self-righteousness. I don't know what makes people that way
but I'm glad I escaped the curse.

Tell you what, I'll ride a quiet bike if and when they shut down the
telemarketers that ring MY phone in MY house when nobody told them they
could.

Odd that you consider telemarketers a nuisance but take pride in being
one yourself. Surely you've heard of the "Do Not Call List," which
goes a long way toward shutting down telemarketers:
http://www.donotcall.gov/

If enough people stick up for their right to peace and quiet they'll
eventually make a "Do Not Fart List" for loud pipes and a "Do Not
Boom" list for teenage thumpers.

But now that you know about the telemarketing law, will you cut the dB
of your pipes? I didn't think so. You've got deeper issues, don't you?

Enforcing existing noise laws would help, but most people are afraid
to report chronic noise because the standard rebuttal is vandalism or
even death threats (if I stick with this thread long enough I'm sure
I'll get one from this classy crowd). Noise is also a transitory thing
and hard to prove firsthand if they see the police coming. I don't
know what can be done with so little human integrity out there.

E.A.

http://enough_already.tripod.com/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.
Don T.

"Enough Already" wrote in message
om...

I would too if I was an asshole, but I'm not, so I respect others'
right to peace and quiet.

Go hump a tree! I bet you wear afghans.
Yeah, hear your mutts barking for miles.
That's OK, when Bamba turns his head looking for you, BBammmm, fresh meat to
eat.
No, no, not like your afghans, you don't kill them first.

Now, can you explain WHY you make so much noise? Or did I already get
the answer right above?

I just love the sounds of chainsaws in the morning. It, it, it smells
likeee.............lumber.
So many rain forests, so few lumber trucks, sad so sad, If only Detroit
could only keep up with the world's needs. We should be willing to forget
all that pollution control crap, after all, it's only oil. There is plenty
of it, all we got to do is send in the bulldozers. Bulldozers are cool, you
like bulldozers, Comrade EA ? (eat afghans?)

E.A.

http://enough_already_slip_me_a_bone.tripod.com/
If any other species behaved like Man we'd call it a plague.

If any man believes like you, we just call them weird. Laughing all the way,
What a loser.

GuitarMan

"Enough Already" wrote in message
m...
Boom stereos and Complainers/tree huggers are two of the biggest sources

of gratuitous
(unnecessary) noise pollution in America.

re-worded for the truth...