Sabry Khalfallah

Default CD player: high-pitched noise during "tracking"

Hello everybody,

I recently had my mini hifi system (Pioneer Diva 7, 1998) repaired and
its optical block was changed.
Since then, during all "tracking" phases (i.e CD loading, start/stop
playing, jump to selected track) the CD player emits a hich-pitched
noise (faint but audible) that it did not emit previously... Happilly
everything is ok during play !
I did some tests with various CDs (brand new, old ones, original ones,
CDRs). The only bizarre thing occured with CDRs : when I try to achieve
a large track jump (e.g. 2-9) it doesn't work and the CD player is
reset as if the CD had just been loaded... but I had never tried to do
this previously...
Nevertheless do you think that the high-pitched noise during "tracking"
phases is worrying and justifies to bring back the system to the repair
workshop ?!?
Thanks a lot in advance ! Regards,

Sabry