Sir Andy

Default Class A/B Amp

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting the Audiobahn or Alphasonik Class A/B amp to
drive my front Infinity components. Any opinions coz I was considering
whether to get a regular class D 2 or 4 channel amp with more power instead
for the same price.

n8 skow

Generally your not gonna want to run ClassD for your components, sound
quality will be compromised do to the method of amplification... ClassD amps
are more suited for driving woofers (low frequencies) where the distortion
will be less audible...

n8

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting the Audiobahn or Alphasonik Class A/B amp to
drive my front Infinity components. Any opinions coz I was considering
whether to get a regular class D 2 or 4 channel amp with more power

instead
for the same price.

Kevin McMurtrie

In article ,
"n8 skow" wrote:

Generally your not gonna want to run ClassD for your components, sound
quality will be compromised do to the method of amplification... ClassD amps
are more suited for driving woofers (low frequencies) where the distortion
will be less audible...

n8

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting the Audiobahn or Alphasonik Class A/B amp to
drive my front Infinity components. Any opinions coz I was considering
whether to get a regular class D 2 or 4 channel amp with more power

instead
for the same price.

Some of the newer Class D variations can drive full spectrum audio with
low enough distortion at high frequencies to be used in car audio.
Check the specs and see if it's good enough for you.
Paul Vina

The specs on them are fine, but they are cost prohibitive right now. You
can get a much larger and better sounding amp for less than any of the new
full range class D's.

Paul Vina

"Kevin McMurtrie" wrote in message
"n8 skow" wrote:

Generally your not gonna want to run ClassD for your components, sound
quality will be compromised do to the method of amplification... ClassD

amps
are more suited for driving woofers (low frequencies) where the

distortion
will be less audible...

n8

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting the Audiobahn or Alphasonik Class A/B amp

drive my front Infinity components. Any opinions coz I was considering
whether to get a regular class D 2 or 4 channel amp with more power

instead
for the same price.

Some of the newer Class D variations can drive full spectrum audio with
low enough distortion at high frequencies to be used in car audio.
Check the specs and see if it's good enough for you.

Kevin McMurtrie

In article Rke3b.280038$uu5.62493@sccrnsc04,
"Paul Vina" wrote:

The specs on them are fine, but they are cost prohibitive right now. You
can get a much larger and better sounding amp for less than any of the new
full range class D's.

Paul Vina

They do cost more but I wouldn't call 1 USD/Watt "prohibitive". There
isn't always room for a big Class AB. The compactness can be valuable
in some situations. Blaupunkt's PA4100 might be the only 400W-500W amp
that would fit in my Civic without an ugly bolt-in job in the trunk. I
might pay $629 USD for that if I had 400W worth of speakers installed.

"n8 skow" wrote:

Generally your not gonna want to run ClassD for your components, sound
quality will be compromised do to the method of amplification... ClassD

amps
are more suited for driving woofers (low frequencies) where the

distortion
will be less audible...

n8

Hi,

I'm thinking about getting the Audiobahn or Alphasonik Class A/B amp

drive my front Infinity components. Any opinions coz I was considering
whether to get a regular class D 2 or 4 channel amp with more power
instead
for the same price.

Some of the newer Class D variations can drive full spectrum audio with
low enough distortion at high frequencies to be used in car audio.
Check the specs and see if it's good enough for you.

John Durbin

Class T amps are by definition class D, albeit with front end
processing, power supply control, and signal encoding performed by the
Tripath chip. But, the output stage configuration is that of a pulse
width modulated, class D amp.

There is no such thing officially as class T, that's just Tripath's
marketing name for their product.

JD

Paul Vina wrote:

The Blaupunkt is a class T, not a class D. It does have some class D
circuitry, but it's NOT a class D. The Xtant amp is a mono 100 watt
full-range amp that is considerably more than $1/watt.

"n8 skow" wrote:

[...]

soundstream class A picasso, continuum dave Car Audio 10 August 11th 04 10:48 AM
FS: 3000 watt amp $179!! 900 watt woofers $36!! new- free shipping Nexxon General 1 October 14th 03 02:06 PM
Class D vs Class A/B amps Sam Carleton Car Audio 14 July 25th 03 05:34 AM
USAcoustics USX 2150 Lex Car Audio 10 July 21st 03 10:55 PM
Need your expertise Yzordderex Car Audio 4 July 16th 03 04:55 AM