Frank Benenati

Default stupid newbie question - will the Delta 1010lt work for me?

Hey folks,

I have a dumb question. I've been doing single track recording into
my computer for the past few years with an Audiophile 2496. However,
my band needs to do some recording....

We already have a good mixer that we use live, so I was thinking about
getting the Delta 1010lt....

If I replace the Audiophile 2496 with the Delta 1010-lt...Can I simply
assign outs 1 and 2 on the Delta 1010lt to be the master outs?

I don't use seperate outs when recording...I would just want to mix
all the output to the monitors....meaning I would only need 2 outs.

Also, with this setup, when not recording and just listening to mp3s
or wavs outside of audiorecording applications....with those 2
designated outs work just like a regular 2 channel soundcard?

or do I need to throw a soundblaster into this system as well?

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

-Frank
Peter Larsen

Frank Benenati wrote:

We already have a good mixer that we use live, so I was thinking about
getting the Delta 1010lt....

It's "bang for the buck" in terms of possibilities.

If I replace the Audiophile 2496 with the Delta 1010-lt...Can I simply

You don't have to replace it, they can co-exist.

assign outs 1 and 2 on the Delta 1010lt to be the master outs?

Yes.

Also, with this setup, when not recording and just listening to mp3s
or wavs outside of audiorecording applications....with those 2
designated outs work just like a regular 2 channel soundcard?

Yes.

or do I need to throw a soundblaster into this system as well?

No.

Thanks for any help you guys can offer!

You're welcome!

-Frank