Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Martin Leese Martin Leese is offline

Default headphone surround processors?

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message

Funny! I used to be on the sursound mail list, and someone sent me a

free
Ambisonics demo, a CD encoded in DTS. I set up an uneven rectangle of
Radio Shack surrounds, and sat in the center. The effect of being in a
crowd was absolutely uncanny. I had been quite careless in the setup, yet
it still performed. All of the terrible timbre characteristics of the
speakers were unnoticed by me, so beholden was I to the illusion.

If anybody is interested in doing this then
there are well over 100 pieces available for
free download at:
http://www.ambisonia.com/

Just download the DTS version, burn it to a
CD, and play it on any DVD player.

--
Regards,
Martin Leese
Posted to rec.audio.opinion,rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

On Jun 4, 1:48*am, "Soundhaspriority" wrote:
"Martin Leese" wrote in message

"Soundhaspriority" wrote in message
m...

[...]

Martin,
* * *I am looking for a method of minimal expense to use the Core Sound
mike. I do not have a conveniently gain-matched preamp; all my equipment use
conventional potentiometers. Any suggestions?

Bob Morein

This is a cross-posted troll. When dealing with the Morein coterie,
the best response is none as whatever response is made will inevitably
pollute other and unrelated groups. For instance, this is showing up
in a tube-oriented group - and neither relevant nor useful.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Soundhaspriority wrote:
[...]

Ask on the "sursound" e-mailing list. This
is where the Ambisonic crowd hangs out.
Visit:

I am just a domestic listener, so cannot help.

(rec.audio.tubes removed from list of
newsgroups.)