Posted to rec.audio.tech
PanHandler

Default Another update (Juke project)

On Saturday night, I took the system to a party and it got its first real
workout. I
couldn't give it a good hard 'push' here in my small 10' X 17' X 7' room,
but the hall on Saturday was 36 X 75 X 12 feet, with about 80 people
attending. My calibrated SPL meter gave me a 'C' weighted reading of 107 db
on the dance floor, 30 feet from the speakers. The bass was as low, clean
and loud as I wanted, and the rest of the range was superb. I got
complements all night on the sound. All in all, I was quite satisfied,
which, after all, is the bottom line! Here's the layout:
http://flickr.com/photos/43996336@N00/?saved=1 The subs are to the right of
the console.
Joe

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Easy's getting harder everyday

Posted to rec.audio.tech
GregS

In article , "PanHandler" wrote:
On Saturday night, I took the system to a party and it got its first real
workout. I
couldn't give it a good hard 'push' here in my small 10' X 17' X 7' room,
but the hall on Saturday was 36 X 75 X 12 feet, with about 80 people
attending. My calibrated SPL meter gave me a 'C' weighted reading of 107 db
on the dance floor, 30 feet from the speakers. The bass was as low, clean
and loud as I wanted, and the rest of the range was superb. I got
complements all night on the sound. All in all, I was quite satisfied,
which, after all, is the bottom line! Here's the layout:
http://flickr.com/photos/43996336@N00/?saved=1 The subs are to the right of
the console.
Joe

Well it looks like some people were having fun.

The one thing lacking in a system like this, is height.
With a large crowd, the speakers need to be above their heads.
This also reduces bass. My solution, keep the bass on the
floor, and only use mids tweeters on top of a pole.

Good work.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.tech
PanHandler

"GregS" wrote in message

Well it looks like some people were having fun.

The one thing lacking in a system like this, is height.
With a large crowd, the speakers need to be above their heads.
This also reduces bass. My solution, keep the bass on the
floor, and only use mids tweeters on top of a pole.

Thanks Greg. I'll have to look into some heavy duty speaker stands - they
each weigh over 60 pounds.The subs will stay on the floor, although I may
need to adjust the bandpass to get a little more to the satellites, with
them being off the floor.
Joe