Default 92 ford explorer install?

I am having a samular problem with my radio install I am installing a
sony CDX-L300 and I have connected all the wires to the wireing harness
I purchessed except the orange wire there is no orange wire on the
radios wiring . by the way it is a 6 wire wire harnessthe only wires
left on the back of the radio are both white(black) both purple(black)
both green(black)
and both gray(black)no orange. please help would like to install cd
player with sound.
also on the wire harness discription it says the orange wire is for
illumination/dimmer but the radio lit up without it.dont care bout that
just want sound please help with a discription on what I am doing wrong
and what I can do right please.

e-nigma

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am having a samular problem with my radio install I am installing a
sony CDX-L300 and I have connected all the wires to the wireing harness
I purchessed except the orange wire there is no orange wire on the
radios wiring . by the way it is a 6 wire wire harnessthe only wires
left on the back of the radio are both white(black) both purple(black)
both green(black)
and both gray(black)no orange. please help would like to install cd
player with sound.
also on the wire harness discription it says the orange wire is for
illumination/dimmer but the radio lit up without it.dont care bout that
just want sound please help with a discription on what I am doing wrong
and what I can do right please.

Some of those vehicle have a Factory installed amp in the rear passenger
side panel. In order to turn that on you have to hook the Blue/white stripe
on the Sony to the blue wire on the ford wiring harness.

Les

wrote in message
oups.com...
I am having a samular problem with my radio install I am installing a
sony CDX-L300 and I have connected all the wires to the wireing harness
I purchessed except the orange wire there is no orange wire on the
radios wiring . by the way it is a 6 wire wire harnessthe only wires
left on the back of the radio are both white(black) both purple(black)
both green(black)
and both gray(black)no orange. please help would like to install cd
player with sound.
also on the wire harness discription it says the orange wire is for
illumination/dimmer but the radio lit up without it.dont care bout that
just want sound please help with a discription on what I am doing wrong
and what I can do right please.

Quite a few Fords actually have 2 wiring harnesses. One for
power/gnd/illum/remote turn on ect. and one for the speakers.
From what you have left over it seems that you are missing an entire wiring
harness.

Les

ok I'm hoping that I understand your problem. Let me see if I can help.
In the harness that you bought there should be 2 different plugs. One
of them will contain the yellow (constant 12V), red (switched 12V), &
black (chassis ground), along with others that I'll get to in a second.
We will call this the "power" plug. The other plug will contain all of
your speaker wires. Now this other plug will be 1 of 2 types. It will
either look very similar to the "power" harness or will be a small
almost Square plug. Either one will have all your speaker connections
i.e. purple, green, gray, & white with their black stripped negatives.
If you have the standard one that looks like the "power" plug, you
won't need anything else. But if yours is the small black square you'll
need what is called an amplifier bypass harness. You should be able to
find this at your local stereo shop. Now back to the "power" plug, if
your new radio does not have an orange wire you can safely ignore the
one on the plug as long as you insulate it. It is to dim the radio
lights when the dash lights come on. Now your new radio will have a
blue w/white stripe wire. If your truck has a power anntena, hook this
up to the coresponding wire on the "power" plug. If not then this wire
can be used as an amp turnon lead in the future. If you have any
questions just email me.

e-nigma

wrote in message
oups.com...
Now your new radio will have a
blue w/white stripe wire. If your truck has a power anntena, hook this
up to the coresponding wire on the "power" plug. If not then this wire
can be used as an amp turnon lead in the future. If you have any
questions just email me.

He has a Sony, so he has 2 different Remote wires
solid Blue goes to Power antenna
Blue/white goes to amp turn-on.
But I don't think that year explorer came with power antenna's