Nat

Default Making my computer synth sounds portable

Is there a convenient way to perform live using synth tones that I have
on my computer (Xpress keyboards)? I have a basic keyboard with MIDI
ins and outs. I am considering bringing a laptop to shows and amping
the sound that comes out the stereo jack, though it would be nice to
find a simpler solution.

Any suggestions?

Ricky Hunt

"Nat" wrote in message
oups.com...
Is there a convenient way to perform live using synth tones that I have
on my computer (Xpress keyboards)? I have a basic keyboard with MIDI
ins and outs. I am considering bringing a laptop to shows and amping
the sound that comes out the stereo jack, though it would be nice to
find a simpler solution.

Any suggestions?

That's your only choice unless the synth you have is capable of sampling and
storing all the samples (not to mention the huge amount of time you'll have
to put into it). Just get the laptop.

Nat

Fair enough. Thanks for the tip.

Evangelos Himonides

Is there a convenient way to perform live using synth tones that I have
on my computer

http://www.museresearch.com/receptor_overview.php

You have to check with the manufacturer whether Xpress Keyboards is
supported...

Good luck,

Evangelos

%
Evangelos Himonides
IoE, University of London
tel: +44 2076126599
fax: +44 2076126741
"Allas to those who never sing but die with all their music in them..."

Oliver Wendell Holmes
%