___

Default NO stereo with line in ??

Well now I've discovered my new samsung laptop is only mono line in :-(
Is there such a thing as a 3.5mm stereo to USB adapter for stereo input from
a radio etc ? I'm in the UK. 3.5mm stereo - USB 2.0 adapter would be great

Is this the case now with cheapo laptops that they can't even add stereo to
line in ?!

Per Stromgren

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:57:45 -0000, "___" wrote:

Well now I've discovered my new samsung laptop is only mono line in :-(
Is there such a thing as a 3.5mm stereo to USB adapter for stereo input from
a radio etc ? I'm in the UK. 3.5mm stereo - USB 2.0 adapter would be great

Is this the case now with cheapo laptops that they can't even add stereo to
line in ?!

Do what I did: buy an outboard USB soundcard. I have had surprisingly
good results with a cheap USB Creative Sound Blaster. You probably get
a tetter A/D+D/A and a better headphone amp, althought they are not
state-of-the-art to any standard.

This is something similar to what I have:
http://www.soundblaster.com/products/digitalmusicLX/, the model I
bought is out of date by now.

Per.

Laurence Payne

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 22:57:45 -0000, "___" wrote:

Well now I've discovered my new samsung laptop is only mono line in :-(
Is there such a thing as a 3.5mm stereo to USB adapter for stereo input from
a radio etc ? I'm in the UK. 3.5mm stereo - USB 2.0 adapter would be great

It's a bit more than a simple adaptor you need, but, yes, you can get
a USB audio interface for your computer. If you have a Firewire
port, consider using that instead - you'll have a better choice of
product.