BM

Default Sherwood XM-760 - CD Changer, Err 7 ???

Hello,

My new car has a Sherwood XM-760 - 6 discs CD Changer that
either doesn't work or I don't know how to operate. After
placing CDs in the cartridge I press the play button on the
Sherwood controller. Then I hear the changer doing something
for a while (apparently loading a CD) while the LCD display
shows "L or D" (do not know what that means). The factory
installed radio mutes, but there is no CD output. It then
says "Err 7" on the Sherwood LCD. What is "Err 7" ???? I
have searched the net but cannot find any useful information
about this device. What specific channel should I tune the
radio to??? Do I need a new changer??? Please help...

BM
BM

BTW, resetting the changer doesn't seem to help. The changer
attempts to read the CDs one by one, then reports error 7.
I am inserting the CDs label side up. The inside of the unit
is very clean. I've also found that the best radio frequency
appears to be 89.3. What else do I need to do to make this
work?

Thanks
BM

Hello,

My new car has a Sherwood XM-760 - 6 discs CD Changer that
either doesn't work or I don't know how to operate. After
placing CDs in the cartridge I press the play button on the
Sherwood controller. Then I hear the changer doing something
for a while (apparently loading a CD) while the LCD display
shows "L or D" (do not know what that means). The factory
installed radio mutes, but there is no CD output. It then
says "Err 7" on the Sherwood LCD. What is "Err 7" ???? I
have searched the net but cannot find any useful information
about this device. What specific channel should I tune the
radio to??? Do I need a new changer??? Please help...

BM

BM

Thanks for your reply. This is appreciated. I just think it's
always too easy to spend money, plus I'd like to avoid having
to rewire the whole thing. Do you think cleaning the head or
adjusting it or something could do the trick? Any other ideas
anyone?

Thanks,
BM

"Team Goon" wrote in message ...
Error 7 = The unit is not reading your discs. This is a cheap CD changer.
I'd replace it with a new one.

om...