Michael Green

Default Design for preamp

I'm looking for a design for a solid state preamp suitable for use
with a high output moving coil cartridge. Can any kind soul point me
to suitable source, site etc. Thanks.
Stewart Pinkerton

On 13 Sep 2003 03:01:37 -0700, (Michael
Green) wrote:

I'm looking for a design for a solid state preamp suitable for use
with a high output moving coil cartridge. Can any kind soul point me
to suitable source, site etc. Thanks.

You could try my page on
http://www.apah69.dsl.pipex.com/, but you
might have some fun finding the active devices! The gain is easily
adjusted by varying the gain-setting resistor on the input stage.

Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:15:25 GMT, "Pete KE9OA"
wrote:

I like those control knobs on your preamp..................I picked up some
of that very type several years back. Who makes them?

I got them from the Farnell catalogue - but that was back in '96. They
were made by Multicomp.