Neil Addington

Default Subwoofer wiring question

I have 2 x JLW6 12" in one big sealed box. and I have 2 x mono Amp. 400W
RMS each.

How do I wire them to get max. result? If I wire the one amp per subwoofer,
will there be a problem of having out of sync problem?

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:04:29 GMT, "Neil Addington"
wrote:

I have 2 x JLW6 12" in one big sealed box. and I have 2 x mono Amp. 400W
RMS each.

How do I wire them to get max. result? If I wire the one amp per subwoofer,
will there be a problem of having out of sync problem?

simpley wire it one amp per sub...i have done that before. Your only
****-off maybe realizeing you need a to split your rca signal up into
two. Youll also need to split your power wire... i suggest a good
distrubion block. Perhaps gets a distrubution block that splits your
power wire into 4 or 6...just incase you end up adding a cd
changer...or anything else in the future.

I ran 2 10" JL w0 off of 2 ****ty jensen amps. Worked quite well.
One mild problem i had...was one day ,and i dont know how the hell it
happened, the rca poped out of one of the amps. So i was driving
with only 1 sub working. Since i dont crank the **** out of my
volume...i didnt notice. So...who knows how long i was running on one
sub.