Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Is anyone surprised that RAT is a sewer?

Ian Iveson wrote to Patrick Turner in "Audio Transformers are OK.":

I don't believe you.

Ian

This is the stupidity that turns RAT into such a sewer. Any fool can
come here and scream down the real contributors.

We have the janitor and cat walker, Worthless Wiecky, apparently daily
stalking me and no one raised a voice for 300 of his vicious posts
until Iain Churches mentioned it. Worthless Wiecky is a clown who let
on (the last time I paid any attention to him) that a resistor
dissipates to its maximum rating regardless of how much current is
passed through it! But he is encouraged in his (attempted -- I didn't
actually notice until it was brought to my attention) bullying by the
resident scum like Ludwig and Yeager.

Ian Iveson is a clown who had to ask within the last year how the
current on the plate of a tube is set -- IOW he didn't know that the
designer chooses it by setting the plate *voltage* and the *negative
bias*. Now this ignoramus wants to shout down a real contributor like
Patrick Turner -- and everyone just sits by and lets it happen!

When parties explicitly hostile to tube come onto RAT, we find the
resident electronic morons and wannabe flame warriors enthusiastically
welcoming them on the principle that "my enemy's enemy is my friend".

Is anyone surprised that almost everyone who knows anything about tubes
has gone from RAT?

In the worst days of the Magnequest Scum, more useful work was done on
RAT in a day than is now done in a month.

Andre Jute
"wonderfully well written and reasoned information
for the tube audio constructor"
John Broskie TubeCAD & GlassWare
"an unbelievably comprehensive web site
containing vital gems of wisdom"
Stuart Perry Hi-Fi News & Record Review

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Phread Phread is offline

Jute, you are the reason RAT has become a sewer. You are the one who attacks everyone who disagrees with you, you are the one who
cross posts to jerkoff groups like RAO, you are the one who ****s all over the place and then blames everyone else about the stink.

The day you go away RAT will begin to heal itself. So how about you head down to the coast and take a long walk off a short pier.

Today is a good day to drown.

Fred

"Andre Jute" wrote in message s.com...

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Andre Jute wrote:

Ian Iveson wrote to Patrick Turner in "Audio Transformers are OK.":

I don't believe you.

Ian

This is the stupidity that turns RAT into such a sewer. Any fool can
come here and scream down the real contributors.

Like yourself in fact.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] tubegarden@aol.com is offline

Eeyore wrote:

Like yourself in fact.

Graham

Hi RATs!

Well, since some people are here to explain to us why tubes are a poor
choice for recreational audio, it really doesn't matter if others have
less lofty goals.

Relax, friends, we can enjoy our ears while our eyes are yet again
offended, or not, depending on nothing like information or fun. Just
jousting in the sewer with the other RATs!

Happy Ears!
Al

PS Georgia troopers kicked in the doors of alleged Mexicans and
handcuffed them, whole families, and hauled them away. It is an
election year. Sigh. They had jobs and paid taxes and bought groceries,
but, some dudes are running for office, get it? Photo Op! The highest
of the high holies of the 21st Certainty!

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Andrew Jute McCoy blathered in desparation:

Why am I not worshiped?

Well, the position is already taken.

Put another way, when it comes to you:

There but for the grace of God, goes god.

Oh, a resistor is rated at a current which it is capable of dissipating
at length. And your little failure of an amp _REQUIRED_ large resistors
to drop voltage as you very clearly specified a transformer without the
correct windings.

Of course, the choice of battery bias was a dead giveaway even without
the dropping resistors. Then the choice of batteries prone to
cliff-effect and the frenzied defense of that choice as being
'necessary'...

Senility must be setting in that your memory should be so short.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

" wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

Like yourself in fact.

Graham

Hi RATs!

Well, since some people are here to explain to us why tubes are a poor
choice for recreational audio, it really doesn't matter if others have
less lofty goals.

For sheer 'recreational value' I'm sure they're actually a great choice !

Relax, friends, we can enjoy our ears while our eyes are yet again
offended, or not, depending on nothing like information or fun. Just
jousting in the sewer with the other RATs!

I enjoy using my ears too btw just in case there was any doubt.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Peter Wieck wrote:

Andrew Jute McCoy blathered in desparation:

Why am I not worshiped?

Well, the position is already taken.

Put another way, when it comes to you:

There but for the grace of God, goes god.

Oh, a resistor is rated at a current which it is capable of dissipating
at length. And your little failure of an amp _REQUIRED_ large resistors
to drop voltage as you very clearly specified a transformer without the
correct windings.

Of course, the choice of battery bias was a dead giveaway even without
the dropping resistors. Then the choice of batteries prone to
cliff-effect and the frenzied defense of that choice as being
'necessary'...

Senility must be setting in that your memory should be so short.

Alzheimers most likely.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Bret Ludwig exposed itself:

As a racist, amongst its other defects.

Get a life. Elsewhere than here, one hopes.

Funny thing. McCoy is in Ireland as it is one of the most homogeneous
countries in Europe, and it is a refugee from apartied South Africa.
Mr. Ludwig espouses racist doctrine whilst nibbling on its cheap
lettuce, grapes and oranges without thought as to consequence.

You two deserve each other. Intimately.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Bret Ludwig babbled:
They would,
especially Mexico, be forced to reform their corrupt rotten government.

You really don't get out much, do you.

Simple question: Have you ever lived outside your primary culture? Not
visited, not done a 'cultural tour', but actually _lived_ it? For some
period of time more than say... 10 days?

If not, shut up.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Alphonso M'buto Chaing Alphonso M'buto Chaing is offline

In article . com,
says...

Bret Ludwig babbled:
They would,
especially Mexico, be forced to reform their corrupt rotten government.

You really don't get out much, do you.

Simple question: Have you ever lived outside your primary culture? Not
visited, not done a 'cultural tour', but actually _lived_ it? For some
period of time more than say... 10 days?

If not, shut up.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Peter, are you implying Mexico's gov't. is corrupt like most countries, so it
should not be expected to reform, or Mexico's gov't. isn't corrupt? Bret is
entitled to his opinion, even if you disagree. ¿mi sobrino ha vivido en México
por cuatro años, y casado un Mexicana, puedo dar mi opinión?

However sad an individual's case may be, the aggregate must be considered when
policy is made. Unfortunately, while individual illegal aliens may be nice
people, work hard, etc., the net effects of 12-20 million low skilled
immigrants to the USA are negative. And these negative effects are not the
illusionary rantings of racists, but real problems. The reality is that the US
is a very nice country to live in, but would not be so nice if everyone that
wants to live here did live here. Mexico is exporting their poverty problem to
the US, and both dems and repubs politicians have their reasons for doing
nothing about it. Both political parties know that there would be a revolution
in Mexico due to hopeless poverty if going to "El Norte" were not an option.
NAFTA has made corn from Iowa so cheap in Mexico that the campensinos can't
make a living in their villages. China is now preferred for cheaper labor. As
American manufacturing jobs decline, the service industries are the only
choice for American laborors looking for employment. Once upon a time,
carpenters, roofers, and meat processing jobs paid more than they do now, due
to illegal immigrants. The lower 1/5 of Americans are losing ground
economically. Did you know Caesar Chavez was against illegal immigration? Big
business wants cheap labor, and dems want more voters, and a larger dependant
class. Both parties are looking for more workers to support the Ponzi scheme
known as Social Security. Besides economic reasons, there are ecological
reasons to limit the size of the American population. Growth in the economy
does not have to be based on an increase in population; in biology, unlimited
growths are called cancers, they usually kill their host organism by resource
depletion. The cultural problems caused by too large an immigrant population
should also be considered. Anti-immigrant sentiments have been present in the
past when the percentage of non-natives grew too high. We don't need
immigration riots.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Eeyore wrote:

For sheer 'recreational value' I'm sure they're actually a great choice !

I enjoy using my ears too btw just in case there was any doubt.

Graham

Hi RATs!

Glory on Sunday morning! I must say it is a joy to read anything
approaching acceptance of my silly hobbying.

I like to play homebrew audio geek. It is fun. I know some of y'all
have jobs and brains and stuff, but, I am unencumbered by reality,
except for all these pills ... and my dear, sick wife. She has
fibromyalgia. She is much sicker than me, and has been for many years
more than me. Being a caregiver does keep me a bit above the grossest
lumps in this sewer of a life I somehow still enjoy, at times.

Ears are special head ornaments for some of us. They bring hints and
rumors of something a bit better than dragging this smelly old carcass
to the pharmacy and grocery. I have no idea what ... it just makes me
feel better to hear the human holy sounds. Music is the closest thing
to religion left in my tired old soul.

Earth is a nasty little piece of itself, but, to all who would listen,
I wish:

Happy Ears!
Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Alphonso M'buto Chaing wrote:

Peter, are you implying Mexico's gov't. is corrupt like most countries, so it
should not be expected to reform, or Mexico's gov't. isn't corrupt? Bret is
entitled to his opinion, even if you disagree. ¿mi sobrino ha vivido en México
por cuatro años, y casado un Mexicana, puedo dar mi opinión?

Not hardly, any of the above. Illegal immigration to this country is
neither the cause nor the result of the nature/style/honesty (or not)
of government in Mexico. As you state, it is the result of opportunity
and life-style which as compared to most of the rest of the world is
better. Nor will restricting illegal immigration from Mexico force any
level of improvement there. It may well foment anarchy as you suggest
again, but that would do no good either. Mexico is a two-product
economy with a significant segment of its population living a
subsistance life-style. World-wide, such economies require a
safety-valve in order to survive, with remittances being a large source
of foreign currency and support of the lowest economic strata. The Arab
Middle-East (excepting Egypt) supports something on the order of
25,000,000 "foreign workers" within a native population not hugely
greater than that. There are some 30,000 Americans within that group,
not counting the Military, about twice that Brits, and about that again
from other nominally "western" countries. But the greatest vast numbers
are from elsewhere, the Philippines, India, Pakistan, Sudan, Bangladesh
and so forth. I met none from Mexico, even in the oil patch. Up-North
is much easier, closer-to-home and pays better.

Chavez is no surprise at all, it was always that the 'next wave'
threatened to erase gains of established workers, especially at stoop
labor and unskilled jobs. But these days, even the skilled trades are
being threatened, as you note again.

If there is a simple solution to the problem, it would be through
eductation. Japan has one of the most educated populations on earth and
very damned few natural resources, and a government that is about as
corrupt as they come in terms of the behavior of its top politicians.
But they do understand the tenuousness of their primacy, both as
politicians and as Japanese, so they struggle to maintain it. Mexico,
with considerable resources, land and the most basic ability to feed
itself could do much better than it has. THAT is the saddest part.

As to Bret, he lives in a free country and therefore entitled to his
opinion, sure. Even if he is a jackass in espousing it. But Bret
interacts with the world only insofar as he may immediately an directly
gain by it. Put another way, if there is nothing in it for him, it is
therefore worthless and to be denegrated or ignored. Why he even posts
here is a mystery unless it is to vent his spleen.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] tubegarden@aol.com is offline

Bret Ludwig wrote:

I'm sorry to hear about your wife. But the Pansy Division prose is not
helping her, you, or us.

Especially us.

Hi RATs!

You got a cockroach up your ass, Brat? No human on this list thinks you
have any clue about anything but your own foul mood. See a shrink, then
kill yourself. It is the only way ...

Happy Ears!
Al

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Bret Ludwig demonstrated:
that it cannot read. And much more crap.

Not what I asked. Nor did I suggest or imply that I did not like *my*
culture, nor did I suggest or imply that I did not love the United
States.

However, it is "citizens" like you that make representing my country
elsewhere quite difficult. Apologizing for what passes for our
government is hard enough. Our *form* of government is easy to defend,
and acually easy for most outsiders to understand. It is the actual
application of those principles that boggles their minds. Usually I
explain it by stating that we (and most other countries) get exactly
the government we deserve....

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Bret Ludwig bleated:
I don't seek, unlike the current asministration and many "conservatives"
and "liberals" alike, to change anyone'else's viewpoint or way of
living. I seek to protect my own.

Which is just fine and your privilege. But 'protecting your own' by
trashing that of others is not a method that gains you credibility.

And, just to repeat the point in case your defense is so
well-protected as to deny fault, that IS your method.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Bret Ludwig wrote:

That's why Britons are joining the BNP

" Accounts filed with the Electoral Commission for the year 2005 state the BNP
had a paid-up membership of 6,502 "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party

You're a xenophobic bigot.

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Bret Ludwig wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Bret Ludwig wrote:

That's why Britons are joining the BNP

" Accounts filed with the Electoral Commission for the year 2005 state the BNP
had a paid-up membership of 6,502 "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party

You're a xenophobic bigot.

Then tell me, what are the Mexicans?

I honestly don't know.

To be President of Mexico not
only must you be born in Mexico, your parents must be born there too!
And any non-Mexican seen participating IN ANY WAY in anything remotely
political will have their ass booted out immediately. And no foreigner
may take any job in Mexico that might, conceivably, be done-at any
wage-by a Mexican.

That could be seen as protectionism.

Still, I don't begrudge the mexicans their xenophobia. I wish my
people were that xenophobic, you can bet your ass on that.

And how does this relate to the BNP ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Bret Ludwig wrote:

Eeyore wrote:
Bret Ludwig wrote:
Eeyore wrote:
Bret Ludwig wrote:

That's why Britons are joining the BNP

" Accounts filed with the Electoral Commission for the year 2005 state the BNP
had a paid-up membership of 6,502 "
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_National_Party

You're a xenophobic bigot.

Then tell me, what are the Mexicans?

I honestly don't know.

How about "extremely xenophobic"?

I honestly don't know.

To be President of Mexico not
only must you be born in Mexico, your parents must be born there too!
And any non-Mexican seen participating IN ANY WAY in anything remotely
political will have their ass booted out immediately. And no foreigner
may take any job in Mexico that might, conceivably, be done-at any
wage-by a Mexican.

That could be seen as protectionism.

Well yeah, in the sense MM

Mickey Mouse ? Marilyn Manson ?

could have been seen as a woman. Or as
Mars could be seen as a planet.

Mars *is* a planet !

Good Lord. What did you think it ever was ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Bret Ludwig wrote:

Eeyore wrote:

How about "extremely xenophobic"?

I honestly don't know.

To be President of Mexico not
only must you be born in Mexico, your parents must be born there too!
And any non-Mexican seen participating IN ANY WAY in anything remotely
political will have their ass booted out immediately. And no foreigner
may take any job in Mexico that might, conceivably, be done-at any
wage-by a Mexican.

That could be seen as protectionism.

Well yeah, in the sense MM

Mickey Mouse ? Marilyn Manson ?

Yagotme there. I meant....Mary Martin of course! :-) (Ya see, Peter
Pan....oh, never mind...)

could have been seen as a woman. Or as
Mars could be seen as a planet.

Mars *is* a planet !

Good Lord. What did you think it ever was ?

WTF did you think Mexican protectionism was?? Is it only protectionism
if America does it? If Mexico does it, is it, say, "Mestiparity"? Or
how about "Latinosticism". Or "Postillionage". Yeah, that's it.
Postillionage.

How unfamiliar are you with US protectionism ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

Eeyore wrote:

How unfamiliar are you with US protectionism ?

In Ludwig's case, intimately.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute Andre Jute is offline

Default Conclusion: Is anyone surprised that RAT is a sewer?

Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

Review of 30 posts in this thread proves beyond any peradventure that
my hypothesis is right: the scum on RAT is quite shameless.

Review of concurrent threads proves with steam hammer certainty that
the flame warriors and pseudoscientists are now the majority on RAT,
outnumbering the genuine tubies by a factor or several.

A sad state of affairs.

Andre Jute
Father of the chapel

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Peter Wieck Peter Wieck is offline

Andrew Jute McCoy whined:

Review of concurrent threads proves with steam hammer certainty that
the flame warriors and pseudoscientists are now the majority on RAT,
outnumbering the genuine tubies by a factor or several.

A sad state of affairs.

Andre Jute
Father of the chapel

Yep. The "Father of the chapel", proven liar, charlatan and poseur
whines when caught at it.

For the most part "genuine tubies" actually either enjoy the medium,
know what they are doing, or are willing to learn from those who do. In
this Father's case, it clearly cannot enjoy the medium whilst spinning
as it does; does not know what it is doing as 100% of its shared
results prove over and over; and is absolutely furious with any as
might disagree with it, point out its obvious errors and/or simply have
a different approach or opinion. And, as this same Father is the
initiator of nearly as many flames as its second favorite sock-puppet,
it is an absolutely shining example of its complaints.

And that is without even scratching at the surface of its purported
'science'... such as it is.

Of course, that this entire thread would never have existed without its
initial flaming fart... that escapes it entirely.

Peter Wieck
Wyncote, PA

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Andre Jute wrote:

Review of 30 posts in this thread proves beyond any peradventure that
my hypothesis is right: the scum on RAT is quite shameless.

And you are King Rat !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Bret Ludwig wrote:

Peter Wieck wrote:
Eeyore wrote:

How unfamiliar are you with US protectionism ?

In Ludwig's case, intimately.

Actually I have said before that US subsidy to agriculture and NAFTA
are "killing those poor dumb *******s", referring to the campesinos,
who tend to be all three. Their parents tend not to be married, they
often are low IQ, and they are mired in poverty. They committed no evil
to be saddled with these issues and I have no desire to harm them
further: I advocate NAFTA be done away with.

Presumably because it's a misnomer and not about 'free trade' at all ?

Graham

CURSE OSAMA Lord Valve Vacuum Tubes 78 September 18th 05 03:55 AM
Don't be surprised... Seabiscuit Audio Opinions 1 September 28th 04 06:34 PM
Ferstler's Next Carl Valle Audio Opinions 26 August 17th 04 09:49 PM
RAO is a sewer Mark D. Zacharias General 3 August 28th 03 06:55 PM
RAO is a sewer Mark D. Zacharias Audio Opinions 3 August 28th 03 06:55 PM