Posted to rec.audio.car
CClear

Default JL 300/2 running 4 Focal 165W speakers

This may be a stupid qustion, but I am new to high end car audio.

Is is possible to run 4 Focal 165W speakers with my JL 300/2?

I know it is a 2 channel amp, but it says it is stable at 1 ohm and the
165W's have a "extra" clip on the crossover.

Is there a special way to wire this setup running the speakers in a
series.

I would just buy another amp for the rear speakers but my truck is out
of room....

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

You can wire all four speakers to that amp. You do not need to do anything
special, just wire the right side speakers in parallel to one channel (this
will present a 2 ohm load, which is fine), and the left side speakers in
parallel to the other channel. This will work great, although you will lose
fader control. It is possible to employ passive "L-pad" circuits to
attenuate speaker volumes if you feel that the front speakers or the back
speakers are too loud.

Hope this helps,

MOSFET

"CClear" wrote in message
oups.com...
This may be a stupid qustion, but I am new to high end car audio.

Is is possible to run 4 Focal 165W speakers with my JL 300/2?

I know it is a 2 channel amp, but it says it is stable at 1 ohm and the
165W's have a "extra" clip on the crossover.

Is there a special way to wire this setup running the speakers in a
series.

I would just buy another amp for the rear speakers but my truck is out
of room....

Posted to rec.audio.car
CClear

Will this have any effect on my time correction? If the HU (Eclipse
8454) only sees two channels, how can it correct the delay from the
rear speakers?

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

It can't. You will lose the effect of time correction for your
rear-speakers. If I were you, I would use the amp ONLY for the fronts and
use the HU to power the rears. This way you will get the benefits of the
rear time-correction.

Rear-speakers should be "just-barely heard". You don't need much power to
drive them and so HU power should be fine.

MOSFET
ps.com...