Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GregS

Default class-action lawsuit

We did review the Bose 901. Stereophile Guide to Home Theater also
reviewed one of the satellite/woofer home theater packages at the end
of
the 1990s, for which I did the measurements. The reviewer compared the
Bose negatively with a PSB system; the measurements were dreadful,
with a 10dB rise from the low midrange through the high treble.

No, we were not sued.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

http://www.stereophile.com/loudspeak...425/index.html

I just got around to reading this interesting 901 review. I was especially interested as I bought a
set also in 1975, but I never saw this review. I thought it was amazing how detailed the review was
even without plots and stuff. Two things. This review specifically said the image did
not wander, and I think the CR report lawsuit was based on a wandering image.
The other thing I found out again why I bought this speaker set, and J.G.H., said
it, "The 901 sounds fantastically open and spacious, with a big, fat low end and a socko
you-are-there presence that seems to put the performers right in the room, surrounded by the
original auditorium."

Well it was that putting the performance into the room, thats what I was looking for!
So I stopped uing them over 20 years ago. I was looking for better sound.

greg

phase splitter NGS Vacuum Tubes 40 May 22nd 05 03:17 AM
Class of Operation west Vacuum Tubes 48 May 2nd 05 04:12 PM
KISS 191B by Andre Jute Andre Jute Vacuum Tubes 0 December 5th 04 11:27 PM
Maximum power from 6V6 in push-pull Gregg Vacuum Tubes 10 November 11th 04 02:30 PM