RickH

Default The perfect woman?

Imagine a beutiful sexy woman that ALSO understands vacuum tubes and
can engineer devices using vacuum tubes? Are you guys drooling yet?
Did you think you died and went to heaven that such a combo exists?
I'm a happily married man, but this has to be the perfect woman.
Unfortunately she lived many years ago and will never be replaced...
Can you guess who she was? Read on, my fellow nerds and follow this
link to ecstasy...

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

Gilbert Bates

On 11 Oct 2005 08:01:47 -0700, "RickH"
wrote:

Imagine a beutiful sexy woman that ALSO understands vacuum tubes and
can engineer devices using vacuum tubes? Are you guys drooling yet?
Did you think you died and went to heaven that such a combo exists?
I'm a happily married man, but this has to be the perfect woman.
Unfortunately she lived many years ago and will never be replaced...
Can you guess who she was? Read on, my fellow nerds and follow this
link to ecstasy...

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

Never replaced? What about Evanna Manley? While she might not
beautiful and sexy at the highest level, she sure is a firecracker and
from what I've heard, could probably party a lot of us under the
table. Not a bad alternative in my book...

Stewart Pinkerton

wrote:

Imagine a beutiful sexy woman that ALSO understands vacuum tubes and
can engineer devices using vacuum tubes? Are you guys drooling yet?
Did you think you died and went to heaven that such a combo exists?
I'm a happily married man, but this has to be the perfect woman.
Unfortunately she lived many years ago and will never be replaced...
Can you guess who she was? Read on, my fellow nerds and follow this
link to ecstasy...

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

Never replaced? What about Evanna Manley? While she might not
beautiful and sexy at the highest level, she sure is a firecracker and
from what I've heard, could probably party a lot of us under the
table. Not a bad alternative in my book...

Yes, but she's not exactly technical..............

Mary ^~Moonbat~^

RickH wrote:

Imagine a beutiful sexy woman that ALSO understands vacuum tubes and
can engineer devices using vacuum tubes? Are you guys drooling yet?
Did you think you died and went to heaven that such a combo exists?
I'm a happily married man, but this has to be the perfect woman.
Unfortunately she lived many years ago and will never be replaced...
Can you guess who she was? Read on, my fellow nerds and follow this
link to ecstasy...

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

I'm much smarter and sexier!

-- Mary
RickH

I was thinking after an hour of steamy love-making with Hedy, you could
cuddle and talk about bias current, inter-stage coupling, mu factors,
etc. I mean, real feelings, instead of all that emotinal stuff.

Patrick Turner

wrote:

Imagine a beutiful sexy woman that ALSO understands vacuum tubes and
can engineer devices using vacuum tubes? Are you guys drooling yet?
Did you think you died and went to heaven that such a combo exists?
I'm a happily married man, but this has to be the perfect woman.
Unfortunately she lived many years ago and will never be replaced...
Can you guess who she was? Read on, my fellow nerds and follow this
link to ecstasy...

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

Never replaced? What about Evanna Manley? While she might not
beautiful and sexy at the highest level, she sure is a firecracker and
from what I've heard, could probably party a lot of us under the
table. Not a bad alternative in my book...

What a glorious sample of American Womanhood!

With nothing but the greatest respect for the gal I would hazard to guess
that
she could tire out the best of men within an hour or three.

The remarkable thing is that unlike all the other females in the world,
she does know
what a triode is.

The woman with brains and who is actually willing to embrace thee is what
constitutes what is "beautiful and sexy at the highest level", and watch
out she don't
see what you wrote because she might not be amused.

I am too old for her of course.

I'd need a doctor and physiotherapist standing by after a night of
Triodical Farnarklings with Ms.........

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner

Mary ^~Moonbat~^ wrote:

RickH wrote:

Imagine a beutiful sexy woman that ALSO understands vacuum tubes and
can engineer devices using vacuum tubes? Are you guys drooling yet?
Did you think you died and went to heaven that such a combo exists?
I'm a happily married man, but this has to be the perfect woman.
Unfortunately she lived many years ago and will never be replaced...
Can you guess who she was? Read on, my fellow nerds and follow this
link to ecstasy...

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

I'm much smarter and sexier!

-- Mary

My dear, you'd have to do a trifle more to convince us all that you could
sustain such a claim.

Patrick Turner.

RickH

Patrick Turner wrote:
Gilbert Bates wrote:

What a glorious sample of American Womanhood!

And when she says "Honey is that a tube in your pocket? Or are you just
happy to see me?" she'll be just as pleased if it really is a vacuum
tube in your pocket.

west

"Mary ^~Moonbat~^" wrote in message
RickH wrote:

Imagine a beutiful sexy woman that ALSO understands vacuum tubes and
can engineer devices using vacuum tubes? Are you guys drooling yet?
Did you think you died and went to heaven that such a combo exists?
I'm a happily married man, but this has to be the perfect woman.
Unfortunately she lived many years ago and will never be replaced...
Can you guess who she was? Read on, my fellow nerds and follow this
link to ecstasy...

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

I'm much smarter and sexier!

-- Mary

Dearest Mary,

In front of all fellow Rodents as witnesses ... Will you marry me?

Your love forever,
west

Mary ^~Moonbat~^ wrote:
RickH wrote:

Imagine a beutiful sexy woman that ALSO understands vacuum tubes and
can engineer devices using vacuum tubes? Are you guys drooling yet?
Did you think you died and went to heaven that such a combo exists?
I'm a happily married man, but this has to be the perfect woman.
Unfortunately she lived many years ago and will never be replaced...
Can you guess who she was? Read on, my fellow nerds and follow this
link to ecstasy...

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

I'm much smarter and sexier!

well you did improve the graphics of your name, but can you really fly?

-- Mary

I don't know how to tell you this west, but she's a he.

Mark Harriss

She sounds as "mad as a cut snake".

Mary ~^Moonbat^~

Mark Harriss wrote:

She sounds as "mad as a cut snake".

Oh dear, is that madder than a hatter?

Patrick Turner

RickH wrote:

Patrick Turner wrote:
Gilbert Bates wrote:

What a glorious sample of American Womanhood!

And when she says "Honey is that a tube in your pocket? Or are you just
happy to see me?" she'll be just as pleased if it really is a vacuum
tube in your pocket.

Actually, real women are delighted to find a hard man,
because a good man is hard to find.
Anyway, the balance of goodness and hardness is subconsciously a dominating

but never fully admitted mind driver for the Real Woman.
The Man with Money makes the balance easier to balance of course
in a silly world where money = goodness, and sex = love,
which automatically biases the equation so that
Sex = square root of goodness, ie,
No **** without paying for it.

There is more to the circuit topology of life than i have just mentioned,
but the
stability of the design can be determined by careful use of feedback, and
the
smoothest sound life amps are those which are inherently lovable and
require
very little feedback.
The minority of life amps are in this last catergory, and
unfortunately most life amps require huge amounts of feedback
to loverbilise them.

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner

RickH wrote:

Imagine a beutiful sexy woman that ALSO understands vacuum tubes and
can engineer devices using vacuum tubes? Are you guys drooling yet?
Did you think you died and went to heaven that such a combo exists?
I'm a happily married man, but this has to be the perfect woman.
Unfortunately she lived many years ago and will never be replaced...
Can you guess who she was? Read on, my fellow nerds and follow this
link to ecstasy...

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

I'm much smarter and sexier!

-- Mary

Dearest Mary,

In front of all fellow Rodents as witnesses ... Will you marry me?

Your love forever,
west

West, there is no accounting for taste in human beings.

You may need more than luck.

Consider miracles.

Patrick Turner.

Patrick Turner

Patrick Turner wrote:
wrote:

I don't know how to tell you this west, but she's a he.

I kind of guessed that when he removed the bridal gown
he'd find a pair of hairy coconuts.

Bugger all Real Women take part in discussions on the Web.

The Web is a mainly men's business place, and where
discussional rape routinely occurs when any Real Woman actually
dares to appear.

Patrick Turner.

Mr. Turner, you can say than again, maybe three or four times. I just
wanted Moonbat here to know how much I appreciated her new bat wings.
They are the heighth of style. No wonder the guys are attracted.

Women with bat wings are not amoung women I would like to
have some form of social intercourse unless they know lots about vacuum
tube
use and operation and wish to further tubecraft.
You insinuate that Moonbat is perhaps a blood sucking vampiress.
How boring, if that's all she/he was!
But then you are here with not much to say about how we should connect
our tubes,
and the idea of boring in connection to you does enter my mind.

I have no problem discussing tube craft with anyone providing they are
polite to me even though
they may be rude to their mother, bad mannered at the dinner table,
build crude solid state amplifiers, gained lots and lots of parking
tickets, or conceal a real identity, ie,
operate as a woman although they possess a working pair of balls and a
cock.

Let's face it, many many ppl who would mainly be regarded as raving
misfits
in the real world do operate on the Web freely without the risk of
getting a
knuckle sandwich because they are gay, queer, interested in solid state
etc.

And when such ppl upset us here we give as well as we get.

But where some particular sexual orientation is claimed by way of a name,

which is an anonymous cyber name, then one never really knows what one is
dealing with.
There are many people on the Web who enjoy the fantasy of being what they
cannot be
in real life.
Just because you claim you are a woman, it don't mean anyone is going to
believe you.
Nor does it get you a better form of attention; on the contrary, women
who know about
electronics are routinely treated like scum by the crazier male members
of any group.
I think that if I was a woman, Id sure want to be anonymous, I could
have come to the group as Turnerman,
or some such, just to enjoy the irony, and give myself an easier time.

So if you want respect regardless of who or what you are persona-wise,
then you should know about tube craft, and nor be afraid of reality.
And you should dispaly a good sense of humour, and not take offense to
fast.

Patrick Turner.

Gilbert Bates

So if you want respect regardless of who or what you are persona-wise,
then you should know about tube craft, and nor be afraid of reality.
And you should dispaly a good sense of humour, and not take offense to
fast.

Patrick Turner.

Don't feed these trolls Patrick, in case you haven't been over to
a.g.a. lately, zootwoman and moonbat are part of the chief agitator
group that do nothing but post politcal/attack crap and know nothing
about the subject at hand. Show them too much attention and they'll
set up shop over here too.

I was not offended. I was merely confirming Mr. Turner's astute and
acurate observation.

I'm not here to agitate you all, promise Gilbert. Just studying
different species of bats. It is OCTOBER!!! the migration season. This
one is a unique and previously unrecorded variety. We are merely
recording it's behaviour and habitat when sighted in a scientific
effort to disprove intelligent design theory and add to the data which
continues to support Darwin's theory of evolution.

Please notify if you should see evidence of
any Moonbat hovering around this newgroup again.

alternatively you could download The Bat! 3.60 from
www.ritlabs.com

Carry on.

Gilbert Bates wrote:

So if you want respect regardless of who or what you are persona-wise,
then you should know about tube craft, and nor be afraid of reality.
And you should dispaly a good sense of humour, and not take offense to
fast.

Patrick Turner.

Don't feed these trolls Patrick, in case you haven't been over to
a.g.a. lately, zootwoman and moonbat are part of the chief agitator
group that do nothing but post politcal/attack crap and know nothing
about the subject at hand. Show them too much attention and they'll
set up shop over here too.

http://www.creativepro.com/story/feature/22786.html
Heavy Metal Madness: Men Live In a Vacuum... Tube

~^Moonbat^~ Mary

"Gilbert Bates" wrote in message ...

So if you want respect regardless of who or what you are persona-wise,
then you should know about tube craft, and nor be afraid of reality.
And you should dispaly a good sense of humour, and not take offense to
fast.

Patrick Turner.

Don't feed these trolls Patrick, in case you haven't been over to
a.g.a. lately, zootwoman and moonbat are part of the chief agitator
group that do nothing but post politcal/attack crap and know nothing
about the subject at hand. Show them too much attention and they'll
set up shop over here too.

Perfect Woman

SHE was a phantom of delight
When first she gleam'd upon my sight;
A lovely apparition, sent
To be a moment's ornament;
Her eyes as stars of twilight fair;
Like twilight's, too, her dusky hair;
But all things else about her drawn
From May-time and the cheerful dawn;
A dancing shape, an image gay,
To haunt, to startle, and waylay.

I saw her upon nearer view,
A Spirit, yet a Woman too!
Her household motions light and free,
And steps of virgin liberty;
A countenance in which did meet
Sweet records, promises as sweet;
A creature not too bright or good
For human nature's daily food;
For transient sorrows, simple wiles,
Praise, blame, love, kisses, tears, and smiles.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
The reason firm, the temperate will,
Endurance, foresight, strength, and skill;
A perfect Woman, nobly plann'd,
To warn, to comfort, and command;
And yet a Spirit still, and bright
With something of angelic light.

William Wordsworth

Patrick Turner

~^Moonbat^~ Mary wrote:

[...]

From May-time and the cheerful dawn;
A dancing shape, an image gay,
To haunt, to startle, and waylay.

I saw her upon nearer view,
A Spirit, yet a Woman too!
Her household motions light and free,
And steps of virgin liberty;
A countenance in which did meet
Sweet records, promises as sweet;
A creature not too bright or good
For human nature's daily food;
For transient sorrows, simple wiles,
Praise, blame, love, kisses, tears, and smiles.

And now I see with eye serene
The very pulse of the machine;
A being breathing thoughtful breath,
A traveller between life and death;
The reason firm, the temperate will,
Endurance, foresight, strength, and skill;
A perfect Woman, nobly plann'd,
To warn, to comfort, and command;
And yet a Spirit still, and bright
With something of angelic light.

William Wordsworth

Our dear william was dreamin.

Patrick Turner

Jim

Heddy had 6 husbands. Maybe she was looking for a 211/VT-4C, and all she
kept getting was 6AQ5's! Kind of like wanting a Milton Byrle, and getting a
Paul Burns instead. :-)

wrote in message
oups.com...

Mary ^~Moonbat~^ wrote:
RickH wrote:

Imagine a beutiful sexy woman that ALSO understands vacuum tubes and
can engineer devices using vacuum tubes? Are you guys drooling yet?
Did you think you died and went to heaven that such a combo exists?
I'm a happily married man, but this has to be the perfect woman.
Unfortunately she lived many years ago and will never be replaced...
Can you guess who she was? Read on, my fellow nerds and follow this
link to ecstasy...

http://www.inventions.org/culture/female/lamarr.html

I'm much smarter and sexier!

well you did improve the graphics of your name, but can you really fly?

-- Mary

Hedy Lamarr's Invention Finally Comes of Age
By Gary Chapman Director of the 21st Century Project at the University
of Texas at Austin. Copyright 2000, The Los Angeles Times, All Rights
Reserved Used with Permission Monday, January 31, 2000 Digital Nation

The obituaries for movie actress Hedy Lamarr, who died at her home in
Florida on Jan. 19, 2000 at age 86, all mentioned the fact that she
co-invented an important technology for radio communications called
"frequency hopping." But none of the obituaries described the
significance of her invention for current and emerging technologies, or
the fact that her intellectual breakthrough will fuel the next great
boom in Internet use.

What was called "frequency hopping" in the 1940s, when Lamarr and her
friend George Antheil developed the idea, is now generally called
"spread spectrum" wireless communication. Looking around my house, I
can see that it's rapidly filling up with spread spectrum devices
dependent on Lamarr's and Antheil's innovation.

There are my cordless and wireless phones, for example. Just about
every digital wireless phone uses a version of spread spectrum
techniques. For Christmas I got a hand-held global positioning
satellite device, a little box that tells me exactly where I am; GPS
uses spread spectrum too.

I expect to be using a lot more spread spectrum tools in the future.
Dale Hatfield, director of the Office of Engineering and Technology of
the Federal Communications Commission, told me last week, "Spread
spectrum appears to be the technology of choice for the next generation
of mobile data devices." As everyone knows by now, wireless is where
everything related to the Internet is headed.

If Lamarr had been able to retain her patent rights, she would possibly
have become the richest person of all time. But she struggled with
finances for most of her later years -- she was even arrested for
shoplifting twice. Her story highlights the weird tragedies of the
patent system when an inventor develops an idea decades ahead of its
time.

The tale of Lamarr's technical contributions is familiar to many
engineers, but largely unknown among the general public. It's possibly
the oddest and most ironic story in recent technological history.

Hedy Lamarr was born as Hedwig Kiesler in Vienna in 1913, and she was
famous before she left her teens because of a scandalous nude scene in
her first movie, the Czech film "Ecstasy," released in 1932. She
married a wealthy Austrian industrialist, Fritz Mandl, when she was 19.
Mandl was so jealous of her beauty that he tried to prevent her from
leaving the house, which meant that Hedy sat through many dinner
conversations and some technical meetings where she apparently absorbed
a remarkably advanced education in radio technology.

Lamarr eventually escaped this loveless marriage and made her way to
London, where she was discovered by Louis B. Mayer, the head of MGM.
Mayer brought her to Hollywood, installed her in his stable of studio
actors and billed her as "the most beautiful woman in movies."

Lamarr met George Antheil at a Hollywood party. He was an equally
unlikely candidate for technical innovation -- he was a pioneer in
avant-garde music in the 1930s, and his specialty was composing
mechanistic pieces for player pianos.

Lamarr explained her ideas to Antheil about developing a method for
communications that could not be intercepted or jammed, by "hopping"
radio signals over different frequencies. Antheil provided the
mechanical means to do this by using his knowledge of player pianos.
Their invention used a paper tape, like player piano rolls, to
synchronize radio communications that would jump from one frequency to
another. They shared the patent for this device in 1942.

Lamarr's and Antheil's invention was not used by the military until
1962, when it helped secure communications between ships involved in
the Cuban missile crisis. By then, their patent had expired. Patents
last only 17 years. Even though Lamarr's work became crucial to
military communications through the most intense period of the Cold War
-- eventually embedded in the country's entire nuclear command and
control system -- she never made any money from her technical work, nor
did Antheil.

Throughout the 1950s, '60s and '70s, spread spectrum technologies were
highly classified and available only for military applications.
But in 1985, the Federal Communications Commission began to relax its
rules, and spread spectrum was opened for commercial development. The
first applications were for commercial satellite services, but the
technology quickly became the bedrock for mobile telephones. Qualcomm,
for example, the booming San Diego-based mobile telephone company, was
built on spread spectrum applications.

In recent years the FCC has released segments of the radio bandwidth
for unlicensed radio communication, and this bandwidth is being used by
spread spectrum applications. Spread spectrum radio communication has
the advantages of getting more digital bits into a segment of radio
bandwidth, of reducing device interference, and increasing security.
Without this innovation, wireless phone users would be talking to and
hearing each other without wanting to, or else the number of phone
users in a given area would be very limited. Think about all the cell
phones in Los Angeles, and thank Hedy Lamarr.

There is a handy match between the way spread spectrum works and the
way the Internet works, because Internet data packets can be "hopped"
over many frequencies and reassembled at their destination, providing
very fast data transmission rates. Cisco Systems, the giant Internet
routing company, already offers a fixed wireless, point-to-point spread
spectrum network connection at 45 million bits per second.

The real promise of spread spectrum technologies is in rural areas,
neighborhoods, schools and Third World countries, where relatively
inexpensive wireless devices can substitute for expensive ground wire
networks.

Wireless Internet activist Dave Hughes of Colorado Springs, Colo., has
used spread spectrum networks to connect people in the jungles of
Puerto Rico, in the remote woods of Wisconsin and Montana, and in the
plains of Mongolia. A presentation Hughes gave in Austin, Texas, in
1998 led to a change in the state's Telecommunications Infrastructure
Fund, the country's largest public fund for wiring communities. Now
rural Texas towns can apply for grants to network their communities
with spread spectrum wireless devices.

Hughes successfully lobbied for Hedy Lamarr to be honored with a
special "Pioneer Award" from the Electronic Frontier Foundation in
1997. Lamarr also reportedly took some comfort in her knowledge that
she had produced an idea of great use to people all over the world. She
did live long enough to understand the impact of her invention. As Dale
Hatfield said, her invention was a "fundamental breakthrough."

Hedy Lamarr once said, with some ironic bitterness, "Any girl can be
glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid." She was
glamorous, all right, but she was anything but stupid.

~^Moonbat^~ Mary

Default Actresses starve for attention - The perfect woman?

"Patrick Turner" wrote:

~^Moonbat^~ Mary wrote:

[...]

From May-time and the cheerful dawn;
[...]

The report was completely bogus, but a New York news program snatched a few headlines with the story that the "Ally McBeal"
production had closed down because of star Calista Flockhart's anorexia.

When they finally checked with Fox, they found that uncooperative weather had earned Flockhart an unexpected day off, and that she
always eats her porridge like a good little girl.

So everything ended happily. But it brings up an issue that no one ever talks about in Hollywood: the pressure on performers --
especially females -- to stay bone thin.

Calvin Klein's ads featuring emaciated models were only an overt symptom of a malady that has oppressed Tinseltown since Lillian
Gish swooned in "Orphans of the Storm."

It's true that the camera adds a little bulk to the silhouette, but many starlets literally starve themselves to cadaverous
dimensions, hoping the lean and hungry look will widen their cinematic possibilities.

With no regard for health, the show biz industry has imposed impossible standards for women. Not only are their talent and ability
put to the test, but so is their dress size.

More than a few voluptuous females have arrived on the Sunset Strip only to diet themselves into beanpole status.

Jennifer Aniston, Dolly Parton, Ally Sheedy, Helen Mirren, Elizabeth Hurley, Sherilyn Fenn, and Kim Basinger were once women of
pleasingly rounded proportions. Now they're as lean as 10-year-old Romanian gymnasts.

Jane Fonda has admitted that she was anorexic for a time. Alexandra Paul ("Baywatch") told me she suffered from a similar eating
disorder a few years ago, and so did Susan Dey.

Since the powerful studio days, women were required to look frail and helpless. It is well known that the studio often guarded
Elizabeth Taylor from caloric consumption, and that diet pills were prescribed for Judy Garland.

Alicia Silverstone has been derided for her round-cheeked baby fat, and Drew Barrymore, who's been acting since she was a plump
toddler, frets when she allows her exercise program to lapse.

"The minute you start to get too lazy about it, you get that drive again," she says.

When Marie Osmond and her brother, Donny, helmed their own TV show in the late Seventies, chubby little Marie was almost destroyed
when a producer took her aside and told her she was embarrassing her family because she was overweight.

"Being a 14- to 15-year-old girl, that was major. It was at that point I just stopped eating for three days of the week," she says.

"That was a very difficult thing to go through where you had to find self-esteem inward and not outward, and finding that being
healthy is so much better than the physical shell because your soul is dead."

Bulimia and anorexia are serious disorders. Anorexia nervosa ran its cruel course when singer Karen Carpenter died of it in 1983 at
the age of 33.

Andie MacDowell, who began as a model, wars against the tyranny of the tape measure.

"I'm real frustrated," she says. "I know where I live I can separate myself and live a normal life. I eat very healthy and don't
have neurotic problems. I don't work out two hours a day and just eat vegetables, let's put it that way. But when I come into the
business, there are people who are setting up this kind of body for women. I think it's extremely frustrating."

Producers have often admonished her to lose weight. "They want me to look like a girl, and I'm a woman. It's very hard for women
nowadays. I think it's hideous. I don't read articles about men working out three hours a day and eating just vegetables."

Anna Nicole Smith has always fought the prison-camp image for models. She finally managed to drop to the pounds for a series of sexy
Guess ads. Now she says, "They wouldn't let me model. I was too big, and my hair was too light. Before I had Daniel [her son] I
weighed 125 pounds and, looking back, I was so anorexic. And it was so sickening! After I had my son I got up to 211 pounds and
that's how I've gotten so, uh, large, and they don't want large women. They want anorexic. And I said, 'I can't do that. I look
horrible."'

It's true that most women are dissatisfied about the way they look. Jennifer Lopez and Sharon Stone -- peerless specimens in
person -- moan about their oversize derrieres.

Roseanne not only lost weight, but submitted to a permanent touch-up on her face. "Women especially are nicer to you when you're
thin," she says, "absolutely. It's so amazing, it's really depressing. You lose a lot of weight, you're always prepared for men to
be nicer to you, but nobody ever tells you about the women."

Many stars began as dancers. And the draconian dancer's discipline often remains, keeping devotees working out at the barre and
sipping Slimfast long after they need to.

Neve Campbell used to dance seven hours a day. Teri Hatcher studied six hours of dance a day until she was 16. Jane Leeves, Mary
Tyler Moore, and Teri Garr all began as dancers. So did Sarah Jessica Parker, who still slips into a size 4.

Lea Thompson, who started as a dancer, told me a few years ago: "Most of the dancers I danced with wanted to be anorexic. Sometimes
I think I am, because when I feel really nervous or really upset, like if I have a movie coming out, I have trouble eating. But I
think that's just nerves. I don't think I ever was anorexic. I've always been pretty healthy."

http://www.dimensionsmagazine.com/ne...n199810272.htm

Patrick Turner

~^Moonbat^~ Mary wrote:

Well Mary wrote a lot about women with eating problems below
my conclusion thet Wordswoth musta bin dreamin when he penned all that BS
about women.

What was he on? abisynthe? pot? laudanum? cocaine?
Or just happy drunk wiskey?

But what Mary says is sober enough except i can't find any link to what a perfect woman
might be, or any link to tubecraft, and my general knowledge about women's
eating or other disorders is so adequate I don't need any more advice.

Neurotic women never last very long with me.

Women must be gracious, happy, friendly and productive by day.
And capable of being committed to one man.
Women outside this operational model get zero personal attention from me
but I am willing to discuss tubes
if they are at peace with tubecraft.

So when I see long boring posts about who came a gutsa over not eating enough,
I ask well so damn what, its their problem not mine, and i'm useless
at solving world problems let alone the problems of neurotic women.

They often get neurotically worse as they age,
and become far less desirable than they were when they were 25.
Men's ability gets better at ignoring all the BS that may have worked at 25.

So by age 50, its very very easy to write a book titled
"Fifty Reasons Why I Never Got Laid Last Night".
But it'd be about the most boring book one could write, so I won't.

Should Mary wish a more engaging and positive response, I suggest she fang off to
soc.men, where she will get 1,001 responses to her posts, mostly
rather depressing or inane i would have to say.

Iv'e always liked some women a heck of a lot, but I have never ever needed to have one.

Patrick Turner.

"Patrick Turner" wrote:

~^Moonbat^~ Mary wrote:

[...]

From May-time and the cheerful dawn;
[...]

Sander deWaal

Patrick Turner said:

So by age 50, its very very easy to write a book titled
"Fifty Reasons Why I Never Got Laid Last Night".
But it'd be about the most boring book one could write, so I won't.

Especially since just 1 reason is enough....

Aspirin, my dear?

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Patrick Turner

Sander deWaal wrote:

Patrick Turner said:

So by age 50, its very very easy to write a book titled
"Fifty Reasons Why I Never Got Laid Last Night".
But it'd be about the most boring book one could write, so I won't.

Especially since just 1 reason is enough....

Aspirin, my dear?

You mean a headache is reason No1.

But another book would need to be written to decide WTF to do about
the ramifications of no sex.
Handing a headache pill to one's beloved doesn't address the other
49 conditions that keep people very much away from each other, since by
age 55
especially when you are over 35, and disastrously when over 55, when the
very idea
of sex for many people causes a red rash, severe vomiting, irratioanl
spending sprees,
cold sweats, and other psycho abnormal behaviours.
I'd guess the majority of adults have lost their spouse and have ZERO
chance of getting another.
Being over 55 defines what being fuct is all about; yo *was* fuct, and
yo won't be fuct again,
and when some young jerk tells us to get fuct, its doubly wounding
because there isn't anyone interested
in sampling ancient genitaliae. There is no sexual future beyond a point
where
thre ageing effects make us repugnant to most of the rest of the
population, unless we are stinking rich.
But we feel we should be being fuct a bit at least, so all arrows point
towards depression, and out heart....
I get all those spams about penis enlargement, sperm shoot volume
increase,
maintaining a hard on etc, heck why do they persist in sending so much
utter twaddle.
You never see any spam adds for reducing the size of women's fannies.
This would save men the agony
of being obliged to enlargen their prick size which was determined so
unmercifully by the Almighty.
But I always say that if you were made short, then use it twice.
Ya never see that advice elsewhere either.

Why, an unwed woman of 30 now has the same chances of marriage as a
woman of 83.
It used to be that a woman of 40 had the same chance of finding a
husband as
being mugged by a gang of hooligan youngsters. Alas, the outcome of many
a marriage
is no different than the effect of a gang of muggers.
Often the hooligans are teams of lawyers.
Fat lot of good a bloomin aspro will be for when someone isn't in the
mood, why,
he/she is light years away from a situation where there is someone also
living at her/his place
at least at nights.

Then they want you to wear a condom.

Ever tried to wash your hands with rubber gloves on?

At 25 a condom don't slow yer down much; makes yer last long enough to
have her get some
enjoyment for the 12 minutes maybe instead of 3....
But at 55 the condom completely ruins everything.
First you have to find yer glasses in the fukkin candle light to make
sure you don't roll
the fukkin thing on inside out, and when your'e done, she's gone dry,
and has that "I'd rather be gardening" look on her old wrinkled face.

Patrick Turner.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005

Sander deWaal

Patrick Turner said:

But I always say that if you were made short, then use it twice.
Ya never see that advice elsewhere either.

Like two 2A3s in parallel beat a 300B? ;-)

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005
Patrick Turner

Sander deWaal wrote:

Patrick Turner said:

But I always say that if you were made short, then use it twice.
Ya never see that advice elsewhere either.

Like two 2A3s in parallel beat a 300B? ;-)

Both these tube regret they are not a 212.

Being endowed thus, one sends a prospective lover gal running from the
bedroom and some guys think this is being real sexy. BJs are impossible.

But yes, there would be advantages with a pair of 2A3 instead of a lone
300B.

Patrick Turner.

--

"Audio as a serious hobby is going down the tubes."
- Howard Ferstler, 25/4/2005

Patrick - may I suggest some lubricant next time and an attitude
adjustment.

http://ad-rag.com/125128.php

http://www.mypleasure.com/features/bulletins/2.asp

RickH

I wish I could delete this post, I'm sorry it turned into this. I like
RAT, I dont often post, and I'd hate to see this good group get
polluted. I just thought Hedy Lamarr was a very interesting person
when I first learned about her. Much like my interest in the life of
Philo Farnsworth and the birth of television.