Alex

Default Advice needed: Kenwood vs JBL vs Infinity - 13cm Component Speakers

Hi guys

I am planning to upgrade the front speakers in my car. I have
shortlisted the following sets :

KENWOOD KFC-P503
KENWOOD KFC-PSR51P
JBL GTO-506C
INFINITY REFERENCE-5000cs

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences ?

I currently do not have any plans to fit a subwoofer (lack of space)
so I am looking for a set that will have adequate bass response.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Alex
EFFENDI

Alex wrote:
Hi guys

I am planning to upgrade the front speakers in my car. I have
shortlisted the following sets :

KENWOOD KFC-P503
KENWOOD KFC-PSR51P
JBL GTO-506C
INFINITY REFERENCE-5000cs

Does anyone have any good/bad experiences ?

I currently do not have any plans to fit a subwoofer (lack of space)
so I am looking for a set that will have adequate bass response.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Kind Regards,

Alex

I have tried many 5 1/4" comp. sets. The JBLs or Infinity is what I
would choose if I were to pick out of the 4. The JBLs have better (not
the best) bass response. But I have great experience with both brands.
Although, the both of them have a characteristically 'weak'/'muffled'
sub bass output (we're talking below 100Hz), they are extremely clear
and precise in the vocal and higher frequency range. I cant compare that
with the Kenwoods because I have never heard them. With 5 1/4"s, you
have to be a little realistic; meaning, don't expect booming bass. They
are small diameter woofers. Small speakers dont move a lot of air, which
doesnt produce a lot of bass. If bass is something that you really want
I would try supplementing with small midss (6 1/4") (replacing the
Infinity/JBL woofers or try installing kickpanels with components that
have larger woofers. Hope this helps somewhat.

EFFENDI

jrouter76

I agree you can`t go wrong with either JBL or Infinity
--
jrouter76
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=181166

Peter Klein

The audible difference is minimal but the efficiency will be different so
some will play louder than others fed the same wattage. Most offshore-made
coaxials are very similar. P.

om...