Posted to rec.audio.pro
J-A-A

Default wheelchair as cart?

does someone made cart builtin to wheelchair. I almost bought one for
20euros but noticed that someone needed it more than me so I gave up.

my main points are that those things has good wheels/bearings, thru
doorhole and lightweight but rugged built.

again I have seen somewhere ex-ambulance as soundvan so this might be
nice combination as well

what you think?

..jukka
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Joe Kesselman

Probably cheaper and more effective to just build a cart using
high-quality wheels while keeping it to wheelchair-like dimensions.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey

In article , J-A-A wrote:
does someone made cart builtin to wheelchair. I almost bought one for
20euros but noticed that someone needed it more than me so I gave up.

my main points are that those things has good wheels/bearings, thru
doorhole and lightweight but rugged built.

again I have seen somewhere ex-ambulance as soundvan so this might be
nice combination as well

what you think?

Ask on rec.arts.movies.production.sound. I think you'll get more of
a response there. Frankly a wheelchair doesn't seem like a good
configuration to me since you'd have to mount the equipment very
low to the ground, almost where the seat is. Wheelchairs are not
designed to have a high center of gravity. But if anybody has done
it and made it work, the ramps guys will know.
Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
Linux Exposer

On Thu, 05 Jan 2006 12:51:48 +0000, J-A-A wrote:

does someone made cart builtin to wheelchair. I almost bought one for
20euros but noticed that someone needed it more than me so I gave up.

my main points are that those things has good wheels/bearings, thru
doorhole and lightweight but rugged built.

again I have seen somewhere ex-ambulance as soundvan so this might be
nice combination as well

I think Samson used to make a Lienix powered one of those a couple of
years ago. I believe it was called a Lienix GiMp-2400... The fine folks
working at the store Sam Ash might be able to help you out!
If not, there is always ebay.
I have gotten some great stuff on ebay including and awesome
vintage Alesis 3360 compressor.
This one was used for many of the big tunes of the 90's!
Only $445.00, it was a steal!

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 11

--
Never trust a Linux Advocate.
Words are cheap. Linux advocates' words are worthless.

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
Lee Ascher

something like this?

http://cgi.ebay.com/PORTA-BRACE-SOFT...QQcmdZViewItem

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
Lee Ascher

oops.. i meant this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Porta-Brace-Grip...QQcmdZViewItem

Posted to rec.audio.pro,rec.arts.movies.production.sound
Lee Ascher

oops.. i meant this

http://cgi.ebay.com/Porta-Brace-Grip...QQcmdZViewItem

Acero Acero is offline
Junior Member

You showed great idea in building alternative wheelchair such as the cart. The fact that you won't spend too much money for this is already great. My suggestion is for you to choose high quality wheels for best result

Last edited by Acero : August 25th 10 at 04:33 AM