Jay Chan

Default Car Radio Keep Losing Favorite Channels Settings

The car radio in my 1996 PathFinder keeps losing the favorite channels
settings. Is this something to be expected and accepted? Is there a
battery somewhere in the radio that I need to replace? Does this mean
this stock radio is dying and need to be replaced soon? I will not
mind replacing it because the CD-player in this radio has problem
ejecting CD anyway.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan
mayhemkrew

If it's a stock stereo, sounds like you have a blown fuse somewhere that
stores your presets; perhaps the cigarette lighter fuse? Check the fuses in
the fuse box and possibly under the hood for any blown and replace.

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
om...
The car radio in my 1996 PathFinder keeps losing the favorite channels
settings. Is this something to be expected and accepted? Is there a
battery somewhere in the radio that I need to replace? Does this mean
this stock radio is dying and need to be replaced soon? I will not
mind replacing it because the CD-player in this radio has problem
ejecting CD anyway.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Tony Fernandes

In addition to checking the fuses, I would pull the stereo out and make sure
all the wiring harness connections are securely fastened (and any fuses
behind the stereo, if any). Does the stereo lose your stations each and
every time you shut the car off, or just once in a while?

Tony

--

What's more likely? That an all-powerful mysterious god created the
universe and then decided not to give any proof of his existence? Or, that

"mayhemkrew" wrote in message
If it's a stock stereo, sounds like you have a blown fuse somewhere that
stores your presets; perhaps the cigarette lighter fuse? Check the fuses

in
the fuse box and possibly under the hood for any blown and replace.

"Jay Chan" wrote in message
om...
The car radio in my 1996 PathFinder keeps losing the favorite channels
settings. Is this something to be expected and accepted? Is there a
battery somewhere in the radio that I need to replace? Does this mean
this stock radio is dying and need to be replaced soon? I will not
mind replacing it because the CD-player in this radio has problem
ejecting CD anyway.

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jay Chan

Jay Chan

In addition to checking the fuses, I would pull the stereo out and make sure
all the wiring harness connections are securely fastened (and any fuses
behind the stereo, if any). Does the stereo lose your stations each and
every time you shut the car off, or just once in a while?

Thanks for responding to my post.

The stock sterro loses the favorite stations settings once in a while,
not all the time. Actually, the same stereo also loses track with
which sound track its CD-player was playing before I turn off the car
-- but this happens in a much higher frequency than losing favorite
stations (let's say 50% vs 10%). Do you still think that this problem
is related to the fuses or the contact in wiring?

Jay Chan

Jay Chan

Well, it's not a fuse then. It's either a connection that is working its
way loose once in a while or the stereo is bad.

OK, I will check the contact of the wiring connections. If this
doesn't fix the problem, I will have to find a way to replace the car
radio. Thanks.

Jay Chan

Jay Chan

You probably would be cheaper or close to the cost of getting a new stereo.
You can get a basic, Pioneer, in dash single cd with detachable face for
like $100.

I meant to check this myself, not hiring someone to check it. I only
intend to check something obvious. If I find that this is beyond me, I
will get a new car stereo and get someone to install it.

Jay Chan