Extracting the MIDI sequence from a Pianosoft Plus audio/MIDI CD?

Old December 9th 08, 01:45 AM posted to rec.audio.pro
Keoki

Default Extracting the MIDI sequence from a Pianosoft Plus audio/MIDI CD?

I have a bunch of Pianosoft Plus audio/MIDI CDs originally released
for the Yamaha Disklavier. Does anyone know a way how the MIDI
information (piano track) from the discs could be extracted without
access to a Disklavier? I'd like to try those piano sequences on
keyboards I do own.

Unless Yamaha devised some magic CD file format of its own, I'd
presume their audio/MIDI CD's are simply CD-XA (Mixed Mode) CDs, where
the extra info is MIDI data. How do I peel it out?
Old December 10th 08, 04:38 PM posted to rec.audio.pro
polymod

"Keoki" > wrote in message
> I have a bunch of Pianosoft Plus audio/MIDI CDs originally released
> for the Yamaha Disklavier. Does anyone know a way how the MIDI
> information (piano track) from the discs could be extracted without
> access to a Disklavier? I'd like to try those piano sequences on
> keyboards I do own.
>
> Unless Yamaha devised some magic CD file format of its own, I'd
> presume their audio/MIDI CD's are simply CD-XA (Mixed Mode) CDs, where
> the extra info is MIDI data. How do I peel it out?

I'm not sure it can be done.
I found this older thread:
http://cvpug.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=37

Search "Pianosoft" on this page:
http://www.carolrpt.com/musicsoftware.htm

Hope this helps.
ps. I used to sell this stuff years ago. Please post here if you have any
positive results.
Poly