Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bob Quintal Bob Quintal is offline

Default Question About Ultrasonic Noise In Amps

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in
u:

IF it is not purely resistive, then you are talking about
IMPEDANCE, which I was not.

So you were talking about DC, not ultrasonic frequencies. Keep to
the topic, take your pure resistance with you when you leave.

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bob Quintal Bob Quintal is offline

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in
:

Actually it is totally correct for a purely resistive circuit.
And I never mentioned power factor since I only stated the
voice coil "RESISTANCE" (not impedance) at the frequency under
discussion. Resistance has no phase angle!

"RESISTANCE" (not impedance) is totally out of the context of
ultrasonic signals. You can talk all you want about pure
resistance, but go do it somewhere else.

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Bob Quintal wrote:

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in
u:

"Richard Crowley" wrote in
message ...
"Chu Gai" wrote ...
Assume there's a switching type amp that generally measures
well. If the amp generates significant ultrasonics at
around 400 kHz (say around a volt or so), will that...

a) Cause any distress to the speakers at all or does it
depend?

Unless you have some unusually broadband tweeters,
I would assume that no speaker is going to even attempt
to do anything with 400KHz (or even 200KHz)

Well the power is still going to be dissipated somewhere,
possibly in the voice coil.

Power is Voltage squared over Impedance. At 400KHz, the
impedance of the voice coil will be so high as to result in zero
(0) power to dissipate.

And if the impedance is near totally imaginary, so will the power dissipattion
be !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Bob Quintal wrote:

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in
u:

IF it is not purely resistive, then you are talking about
IMPEDANCE, which I was not.

So you were talking about DC, not ultrasonic frequencies. Keep to
the topic, take your pure resistance with you when you leave.

And *SHUT THE DOOR BEHIND YOU* too !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

Bob Quintal wrote:

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in
:

Actually it is totally correct for a purely resistive circuit.
And I never mentioned power factor since I only stated the
voice coil "RESISTANCE" (not impedance) at the frequency under
discussion. Resistance has no phase angle!

"RESISTANCE" (not impedance) is totally out of the context of
ultrasonic signals. You can talk all you want about pure
resistance, but go do it somewhere else.

sci.electronics.beginners

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...
IF it is not purely resistive, then you are talking about IMPEDANCE,

which I
was not.

You're drivelling.

If YOU don't understand the difference, don't blame me.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...
Unless you have some unusually broadband tweeters,
I would assume that no speaker is going to even attempt
to do anything with 400KHz (or even 200KHz)

Well the power is still going to be dissipated somewhere,
possibly in the voice coil.

Power is Voltage squared over Impedance. At 400KHz, the
impedance of the voice coil will be so high as to result in zero
(0) power to dissipate.

And if the impedance is near totally imaginary, so will the power

dissipattion
be !

OK, I will accept your measurement data when you provide it.
I would rather bet the figure is SMALL as I suggested in the first place,
rather than zero.
I shall await your proof to the contrary.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Bob Quintal" wrote in message
IF it is not purely resistive, then you are talking about
IMPEDANCE, which I was not.

So you were talking about DC, not ultrasonic frequencies. Keep to
the topic, take your pure resistance with you when you leave.

So you don't understand that a complex impedance consists of both a
resistive part and an imaginary part. The power being dissipated in the
resistive part, whatever the frequency and phase angle?

Your problem not mine.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...

sci.electronics.beginners

So why are you not over there?

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Bob Quintal Bob Quintal is offline

"Mr.T" MrT@home wrote in
u:

"Bob Quintal" wrote in message
IF it is not purely resistive, then you are talking about
IMPEDANCE, which I was not.

So you were talking about DC, not ultrasonic frequencies.
Keep to the topic, take your pure resistance with you when
you leave.

So you don't understand that a complex impedance consists of
both a resistive part and an imaginary part. The power being
dissipated in the resistive part, whatever the frequency and
phase angle?

I undersatand the physics. What I can't understand is your ado
about nothing. From any practical perspective, a 400KHz low
level signal will not generate any dissipation into an
essentially open circuit.

Your problem not mine.

I can live with my problem. Yours is obviously making your life
impossible. :-)

--
Bob Quintal

PA is y I've altered my email address.

Warning: Do not use Ultimate-Anonymity
They are worthless spammers that are running a scam.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

"Mr.T" wrote:

OK, I will accept your measurement data when you provide it.

How would you like it stuffed up your rectum ?

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Mr.T Mr.T is offline

"Eeyore" wrote in
message
OK, I will accept your measurement data when you provide it.

How would you like it stuffed up your rectum ?

About what I expected from someone like you.

MrT.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] dpierce@cartchunk.org is offline

Mr.T wrote:
"Eeyore" wrote in
message
OK, I will accept your measurement data when you provide it.

How would you like it stuffed up your rectum ?

About what I expected from someone like you.

Aren't they just such a lovely couple? And such a good
source of technical information, too!