Arny Krueger

Default Scientific proof that digital sound is bad

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 12:37:25 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

I said

More sour grapes from the guy who is afraid to list his reference
system.

Arny said

Nope, just bored with people who can't be bothered to search google
for it, given that I've posted its contents here so many times.
Hint: the main speakers are NHT 2.5i .

LOL. You can't keep your lies straight in your head. Hint, when I
mentioned that I have auditioned the NHTs and found them severely
lacking compared to what I have you started talking about having
some mystery speakers that nobody else has.

What happened sockpuppet wheel is that I tried to correct you for
your mistaken impression that if you heard a given kind of speakers
in any room and under any conditions, that was the exactly same as
hearing them in all rooms and under all conditions.

Of course, being the blinkered, uneducatable, arrogant fool that you
are well-known to be, you just didn't get it, and this is more
evidence of the same.

You claimed that the NHTs were not your reference speakers.

Clearly not the same NHTs that you heard sockpuppet wheel, and
clearly not under the same operating conditions.

Then why did *you* diss my Cornwall speakers by referring to your
listening sessions from 25 years prior, especially when not only
weren't they "under the same operating conditions", but they were even
a quite different design from mine?

I think the fact that I last listened to them how ever many years ago (I
first heard Cornwalls about 40 years ago) tells the story. There are just a
few speakers from that era that are worth even listening to, the Quads being
one example, but Cornwalls aren't among them.

dave weil

wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

How would you know that about *my* Cornwalls? It's not even the same
speaker. In fact, the Cornwalls that you claim to have listened to
about 40 years ago likely had a completely different horn
configuration, not only from a component aspect but from an
orientation aspect on the front face.

You have fallen into the same trap that you claim for Mr. Wheeler.
According to your rules, we can't comment on *any* speaker system with
others without being dismissed, unless those people have listened to
the same speaker in the same room, presumably at the same time (at
least under the exact same environmental conditions).
Arny Krueger

wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

Obsolete implementations of obsolete technology being what they are...

It's not even the same speaker.

Doesn't need to be.

In fact, the Cornwalls that you claim to have listened to
about 40 years ago likely had a completely different horn
configuration, not only from a component aspect but from an
orientation aspect on the front face.

Despite my best efforts, I ended up listening to more recent implmentations
of the Cornhole, I mean Cornwall, along the way.

You have fallen into the same trap that you claim for Mr. Wheeler.

Not at all. You are flogging ancient junk - a speaker that went against its
constructors basic tenets of speaker construction.

According to your rules, we can't comment on *any* speaker system with
others without being dismissed, unless those people have listened to
the same speaker in the same room, presumably at the same time (at
least under the exact same environmental conditions).

Weil, this set of rules that you are articulating are figments of your
imagination. Given that you are such a technological ditz that you can't
comprehend the difference between CAV and CLV, you're just talking out the
back of your neck. Speaking of necks, isn't it time for you to snap on your
apron and start waiting on tables in that bar you work at?

dave weil

wrote:

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

[...]

According to test measurements, they perform quite well.

It's not even the same speaker.

Doesn't need to be.

Sure it does. What you listened to was *not* the same speaker as mine.
Different drivers, different crossover, possibly different cabinet
construction and possibly different tweeter orientation.

In fact, the Cornwalls that you claim to have listened to
about 40 years ago likely had a completely different horn
configuration, not only from a component aspect but from an
orientation aspect on the front face.

Despite my best efforts, I ended up listening to more recent implmentations
of the Cornhole, I mean Cornwall, along the way.

You've claimed that the last time you listened to them was in the 70s.
Therefore, you listened to a different speaker than my Cornwalls.

It's kind of funny how you use anal references to make fun of a
speaker that you don't like.

You have fallen into the same trap that you claim for Mr. Wheeler.

Not at all. You are flogging ancient junk - a speaker that went against its
constructors basic tenets of speaker construction.

Wrong. You have claimed that one must listen to the same speaker in
the same room before they can comment on someone else's speaker.

You lose.

According to your rules, we can't comment on *any* speaker system with
others without being dismissed, unless those people have listened to
the same speaker in the same room, presumably at the same time (at
least under the exact same environmental conditions).

Weil, this set of rules that you are articulating are figments of your
imagination. Given that you are such a technological ditz that you can't
comprehend the difference between CAV and CLV, you're just talking out the
back of your neck. Speaking of necks, isn't it time for you to snap on your
apron and start waiting on tables in that bar you work at?

Nope. Not yet.

Should you be dressed in something other than underwear at this point
in the day?

S888Wheel

I said

It must torment you to know I live in a house you can't afford.

Arny said

Funny, I feel no such pain.

Sure you do. That is why you feel compelled to scream sour grapes about it.

Arny said

Sockpuppet Wheel, perhaps it torments you to know that I live in a larger,
more luxurious custom-built house that is in a nicer neighborhood, near but
not on a pleasant tree-shaded boulevard with only local traffic. In contrast
you live in a small mass-produced cookie-cutter hovel sited immediately next
to a busy thoroughfare with a cement median and lots of noisy truck
traffic.

You see, more sour grapes over a house you cannot afford to own.

Arny said

It's not my fault that you and your buds have the cheap-ass PCs that
you keep complaining about. Given how smart and highly-paid you
claim to be, I'd think you could do better!

I said

I thought your busines was assembling "cheap ass PCs" and selling
them to your church buddies.

Arny said

I have no busines. No such thing!

You think making an issue out of a typo covers the truth about your miserable
life? LOL. Nice try.

Arny said

You seem to think many weird things, sockpuppet Wheel. I hear tell you even
think you are smart.

I think you are an idiot. That isn't so weird. It's a pretty damned common
thought.

I said

No wonder you have self esteem issues.

Arny said

Funny, I feel no such pain.

I hear getting over the denial is the first step to recovery. Looks like you
have a long road ahead of you.

I said

You hate the very product you assemble.

Arny said

Funny, I feel no such pain.

You are starting to sound like a child caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
When you repete yourself like this it just looks pathetic.

I said

Actually I am just starting
to use this nifty Nikon coolscan 4000 ED film scanner that arrived a
few days ago.

Arny said

The careful wording suggests that its actually not your property...

Thanks for showing hwo you think. It is my property. I paid for it in full.

I said

Fortunately my new Pentium 4 PC with a gig of ram
should handle the large files from the new scanner.

Arny said

Fool that you are sockpuppet wheel, you seem to think that you store scanned
images in RAM.

Talk about being a fool. Where did I say "store?" I said handle. Duh! Obviously
you don't deal with large image files much.

Arny said

Perhaps you do. Most of
the rest of us rely on hard drives and writable optical disk for that
purpose.

You are laughably clueless. Try scanning a 130 megabite image with less than
139 megabites of available RAM and see what happens. Try color corecting such
an image with less than 130 megabites of RAM. I'm not even getting itno the
extra RAM you need to proccess color corection on Photoshop or the RAM that is
taken up by all the other programs that are working when one scans images and
works with them in photoshop. You are amazingly dense.

Arny said

I'll compare online hard drive space with you any day of the week,
sockpuppet wheel. Hint: I have a household 100BTX network with no less than
four computers permanently on it, each running something like a quarter
terabyte of hard drive space or more, some RAID, and each with at least one
optical disc recorder, CD or DVD.

I hope you don't play poker for money Arny. You show your hand all the time.
You are willing to compare hard drive space with me ( you do have more) but you
won't compare standard I.Q. scores or results of hearing acuity tests. The
reasons are pretty obvious.

When I can't be at the computer with the data I want, I just browse my
network...

That's nice. Do you even own a scanner? Have you ever worked with large image
files in photoshop? Your response to my comment on having the RAM to handle
large images would suggest not.

S888Wheel

[...]

Balony. I never offered any such impression about speakers and you claimed that
the NHTs were not your best speakers and then you went on to allude to some
mystery speakers that only you own. Your system is simply outclassed by mine
and you felt compelled to start making things up to compensate. How convenient
it must be to claim to own some mystery speakers that no one else owns that are
your best.

Arny said

Of course, being the blinkered, uneducatable, arrogant fool that you are
well-known to be, you just didn't get it, and this is more evidence of the
same.

Bull****.

I said

You claimed that the NHTs were not your reference speakers.

Arny said

Clearly not the same NHTs that you heard sockpuppet wheel, and clearly not
under the same operating conditions.

No **** Sherlock. The ones I heard weren't afflicted with your EQ. Obviously I
heard them sounding much better than they could possibly sound in your home
with your brand of boneheaded EQ.

I said

It looks like your class envy is not compatible with your compulsion to

lie.

Arny said

Basically sockpuppet wheel, you just said that I can't have class envy and
be a liar at the same time, because they are incompatible.

You remain amazingly stupid. You clearly have difficulty with simple concepts
such the meaning of "compatability." Maybe you should look it up and discover
what an ass you have made of yourself.

Arny said

I wish you'd get
your story straight, just once...

I wish you'd understand it just once. That is obviously asking too much.
MINe 109

In article ,
dave weil wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 11:09:00 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"dave weil" wrote in message

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 09:22:00 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Rich Andrews" wrote in message
.44

Not at all. I am saying music can be relaxing and it really does
not matter if the source is digital or not.

And you'd be right. We're faced with people who claim to be "music
lovers" but can't enjoy music unless it has been *enhanced* with
audible amounts of noise and distortion.

Conversely, if digital was
all that bad and it stressed people out, the study would have failed
to show efficacy.

Exactly.

Yes, exactly wrong. As Stephen has pointed out.

Then Stephen has posted a reply to Rich's post from 8:53 est this morning
that I haven't seen?

"MINe 109 wrote in news:smcatut-
:

In article ,
Rich Andrews wrote:

I quite agree, but the original posting mentioned Diamond's assertion that
digital is stressful. I maintain that it does not really matter if the
source is digital or analog. Music that is pleasing and relaxing to the
listener can be effectivly reproduced no matter what the source.

I appreciate that and agree for the most part, but your example is
stress release from performing music, not from listening to recordings.

Stephen

Stephen,

You are correct".

The point being that Stephen addressed the fallacy in Rich's argument
(as Rich graciously acknowledged) - that being that the study was
looking at performance as relaxation, not listening.

What's the difference if I reply to Rich agreeing with me?

Stephen
Sockpuppet Yustabe

Rich Andrews wrote:

I quite agree, but the original posting mentioned Diamond's assertion

that
digital is stressful. I maintain that it does not really matter if the
source is digital or analog. Music that is pleasing and relaxing to

the
listener can be effectivly reproduced no matter what the source.

I appreciate that and agree for the most part, but your example is
stress release from performing music, not from listening to recordings.

Stephen

Stephen,

You are correct.

I would be willing to bet that the type of music has more to do with the
relaxation factor than the fidelity.

The music on this album would stress me out after a short period of time.

http://www.towerrecords.com/product.aspx?pfid=1525251

I think that both would make a considerable difference.
A particularly bad recording of a well performed
Beethoven symphony (eg. Von Karajan 1961)
would irk me to no end.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Rich Andrews" wrote in message
.44...
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in news:4015deca_1@
127.0.0.1:

"Rich Andrews" wrote in message
.44...

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in

:

"Rich Andrews" wrote in message
.44...
"Arny Krueger" wrote in news:MLCdnUuIq5Dwso7dRVn-
:

"browntimdc" wrote in message

"cwvalle" wrote in news:vN4Qb.9898$U_3.7365
@newssvr22.news.prodigy.com:

http://www.diamondcenter.net/digitalstress.html

Digital music is bad for you
analog is good

Here is scientific proof

Poppycock by a hack peddling nutritional supplements.

If this is the same Dr. Diamond as was badmouthing Digital back in

1980
and
1985, and it appears that it is, we're basically looking at some

very
old
news.

JAES, Vol 28, p, 546, 1980 July/Aug and JAES,Vol.33, No.12, 1985
December

Dr. Diamond's claims fail the independent duplication test. Other
independent experimenters fail to duplicate his results, even when
instructed in the use of his procedures by Dr. Diamond.

Diamond is a well known quack.

"... he now practices as a Holistic Consultant and blends his

experience
in medicine, psychiatry, complementary medicine, the humanities,

holism,
applied kinesiology, acupuncture theory, spirituality and the arts,
especially music, to help people overcome problems relating to body,

mind
and spirit. "

The guy is scary.

Nothing can be more scary to you
than the concept that music soothes stress
and makes one feel better.

I think you misunderstand my position.

Here is something that says that digital music digital is helpful.

http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/...easeDetail/0,6

375,CNTID%253D27100%2526CTID%253D%2526CNTYP%253DNE WS%2526VNM%253DLIVE%
2526LGFL%253DN%2526AFLG%253DY,00.html

"MEADVILLE, PA (November 14, 2003) - The employee dissatisfaction,
burnout and rampant turnover that threaten one of America's most

stress-prone
industries - long-term care - may have a solution in one of man's

oldest
activities, according to a new scientific study. Researchers have found
that a specific Recreational Music-making (RMM) program drastically
reduced employee burnout and mood disturbances with huge projected

economic
benefits for the long-term care industry."

"A groundbreaking study, funded by Yamaha Corporation of America with
participation by REMO and published in the Fall/Winter 2003 issue of
Advances in Mind-Body Medicine, demonstrates that a six-week program of
Recreational Music-making not only reduced burnout in long-term care

workers,
but also reduced Total Mood Disturbance by 46 percent. Using industry-

wide
human resources data, researchers projected that this improvement could
result in an 18.3 percent reduction in employee turnover, which would
save the average 100-bed facility more than $89,000 a year-and the

entire
long-term care industry as much as $1.46 billion annually. Actual

reductions
in turnover at Wesbury United Methodist Retirement Community, the

center
where the study took place, exceeded the research projections."

"The study's protocol was based upon Group Empowerment
Drumming, coupled with exercises on a digital piano..."

Are you saying that somehow it was more effective than using an

acooustic
piano?

Not at all. I am saying music can be relaxing and it really does not
matter if the source is digital or not. Conversely, if digital was all
that bad and it stressed people out, the study would have failed to show
efficacy.

At any rate, in the study you cited, the music was participatory,
not merely listening. It may have benn the participation
that caused the positive effects. I know from experience that
for me, making music is even more enjoyable than listening to music.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

So you're saying that sockpuppet wheel's PC is trash? It figures, given

the
mass-production cookie cutter house (to remember what you said on the

topic,
Yustabe) that he lives in.

Most pc's are trash, as far as music reproduction goes.

And, IDIOT, you brought up the comparison between
my system and a PC.

Well Yustabe. I guess you haven't figured out the difference between
listening to music for pleasure and hearing small differences.

Damn, you mean that listening for the purpose
of hearing small differences isn't fun???
Who'da thunk that?
Of course, I am adept at listening to music for pleasure
and hearing small differences. That's the point, BOZO, you
can do both.

It's not my fault that you and your buds have the cheap-ass PCs that you
keep complaining about. Given how smart and highly-paid you claim to be,
I'd think you could do better!

I don't fry in the oven and bake on the range.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"S888Wheel" wrote in message
I said

More sour grapes from the guy who is afraid to list his reference
system.

Arny said

Nope, just bored with people who can't be bothered to search google for

it,
given that I've posted its contents here so many times. Hint: the main
speakers are NHT 2.5i .

LOL. You can't keep your lies straight in your head. Hint, when I

mentioned
that I have auditioned the NHTs and found them severely lacking compared

what I have you started talking about having some mystery speakers that

nobody
else has. You claimed that the NHTs were not your reference speakers. It

looks
like your class envy is not compatable with your compulsion to lie.

Of course, Arny's compulsion to lie takes precedence.

Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

I said

It must torment you to know I live in a house you can't afford.

Arny said

Funny, I feel no such pain.

Sure you do. That is why you feel compelled to scream sour grapes
about it.

Arny said

Sockpuppet Wheel, perhaps it torments you to know that I live in a
larger, more luxurious custom-built house that is in a nicer
neighborhood, near but not on a pleasant tree-shaded boulevard with
only local traffic. In contrast you live in a small mass-produced
cookie-cutter hovel sited immediately next to a busy thoroughfare
with a cement median and lots of noisy truck traffic.

You see, more sour grapes over a house you cannot afford to own.

Exactly what is it that I'm supposed to envy sockpuppet wheel? your
cookie-cutter architecture? Your low quality construction? Your noisy
neighborhood? your tiny lot directly abutting a busy highway? Your shoddy
mass-produced construction? Your tiny rooms? Your itty-bitty floor plan?
Your possibility of an earthquake? Your possibility of a overland fire?

Arny said

It's not my fault that you and your buds have the cheap-ass PCs
that you keep complaining about. Given how smart and highly-paid
you claim to be, I'd think you could do better!

I said

I thought your busines was assembling "cheap ass PCs" and selling
them to your church buddies.

Arny said

I have no busines. No such thing!

You think making an issue out of a typo covers the truth about your
miserable life? LOL. Nice try.

Sockpuppet Wheel, I think that making an issue out of your inability to
equip yourself with modern writing tools makes my point quite nicely, thank
you.

Arny said

You seem to think many weird things, sockpuppet Wheel. I hear tell
you even think you are smart.

I think you are an idiot.

Coming from you, that's a complement!

That isn't so weird. It's a pretty damned common thought.

Illiterate confusion of the words "though" and "thought".

I said

No wonder you have self esteem issues.

Arny said

Funny, I feel no such pain.

I hear getting over the denial is the first step to recovery.

You probably hear it from your psychotherapist, sockpuppet wheel.

Looks like you have a long road ahead of you.

A road composed of a long happy life, sockpuppet wheel. Remember, I'm about
old enough to be your daddy.

I said

You hate the very product you assemble.

Arny said

Funny, I feel no such pain.

You are starting to sound like a child caught with his hand in the
cookie jar. When you repete yourself like this it just looks pathetic.

I never repete myself. Never!

I said

Actually I am just starting
to use this nifty Nikon coolscan 4000 ED film scanner that arrived a
few days ago.

You seem to be having your usual mental problems, sockpuppet wheel. This is
rec.audio.opinion, not rec.photo.equipment.

I said

Fortunately my new Pentium 4 PC with a gig of ram
should handle the large files from the new scanner.

Arny said

Fool that you are sockpuppet wheel, you seem to think that you store
scanned images in RAM.

Talk about being a fool. Where did I say "store?" I said handle. Duh!
Obviously you don't deal with large image files much.

I deal with large image files - on the order of 5-10 GB, quite routinely. Of
course unlike you sockpuppet wheel, I'm not confused about which newsgroup I
am posting to. My image files comprise sonic images.

Arny said

Perhaps you do. Most of
the rest of us rely on hard drives and writable optical disk for that
purpose.

You are laughably clueless. Try scanning a 130 megabite image with
less than 139 megabites of available RAM and see what happens.

I never have any megabite images. Never!

Since my computers have far more RAM than that pittance, I wouldn't know.
However, I'd like to introduce you to a concept that you are obviously
unfamiliar with sockpuppet wheel - virtual memory. All versions of windows
have implemented virtual memory going back to Windows 386.

Try color corecting such an image with less than 130 megabites of RAM.

I never corect images, never.

It's been years since I had a machine that small. However, I bet that you've
tried this with one of your peanut whistle computers, sockpuppet wheel.

I'm not even getting itno the extra RAM you need to proccess color
corection on Photoshop or the RAM that is taken up by all the other
programs that are working when one scans images and works with them
in photoshop. You are amazingly dense.

I never get itno extra RAM. Never.

By your standards I'm amazingly well equipped. I keep several GB of RAM in
house at all times. Were I to have the need for more gigabytes of RAM in a
computer, relief is just a shutdown and boot away.

Arny said

I'll compare online hard drive space with you any day of the week,
sockpuppet wheel. Hint: I have a household 100BTX network with no
less than four computers permanently on it, each running something
like a quarter terabyte of hard drive space or more, some RAID, and
each with at least one optical disc recorder, CD or DVD.

I hope you don't play poker for money Arny. You show your hand all
the time.

Except I don't. I suckered you pretty good on the RAM front, sockpuppet
wheel.

You are willing to compare hard drive space with me ( you
do have more) but you won't compare standard I.Q. scores or results
of hearing acuity tests.

Sockpuppet wheel, it is you that turned and ran when I suggested a real
world hearing acuity test. As far as IQ goes, like many informed people I
consider IQ to be a largely irrelevant measure, even though my IQ has tested
quite high on a number of occasions.

The reasons are pretty obvious.

Yes, I've even stated them outright on a number of occasions. Anybody who is
as confused as you obviously are sockpuppet wheel, should consult with
google. That is unless they are so confused, as you obviously are, that they
can't figure out how to actually use google!

When I can't be at the computer with the data I want, I just browse
my network...

That's nice. Do you even own a scanner?

I own as many scanners as turntables. My first *real* scanner was a brand
new then PC SOTA Scanjet II.

Have you ever worked with large image files in photoshop?

Of course. Sockpuppet wheel, I've obviously worked with far more large image
files in Photoshop than you've worked with large sonic images in Audition.
And, Photoshop isn't even my imaging tool of choice.

Sockpuppet wheel, let me point out that unlike you, I'm much more a
audiophile rather than a photophile. Oh, I'm competent enough as a
photographer, I've even done a number of wedding shoots for cash. I'm also
comfortable working in a dark room. I developed and printed my first roll of
film when I was in grade school. That was probably before you were even a
stain on the back seat of your daddies car.

However, the serious photographer in the family is my daughter. Among other
things, for the past 6-7 years she has been a senior technician in one of
the finest photo labs on this side of the city, one that is chosen by
professionals and law enforcement agencies. If I need any photo work done, I
just call in a few chips from her. If I need some negatives or slides
scanned, I'll just mention it to her.

Why would I bother with a scanner in the $999 price range when I have ready
access to one that cost up in the six figures? BTW, that SJ II cost me more
than $1300 when it was new. Correct that for inflation, and you'll see why I
laugh at your pathetic braggadocio over your little Nikon.

Your response to my comment on
having the RAM to handle large images would suggest not.

Sockpuppet wheel, you've got me confused with someone who would have a PC
that would have a problem providing a few hundred megs of free RAM.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

And you'd be right.

We're faced with people who claim to be "music
lovers" but can't enjoy music unless it has been *enhanced* with
audible amounts of noise and distortion.

That's a load of crap. Maybe you can show us a quote.

Sockpuppet wheel, just take a look the component list from your best home
audio system which you recently posted, for example. Or Yustabe's which he
posted some time ago.

As a matter of fact, I reposted it this morning.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

I have no busines. No such thing!

Then what is this scam?

http://www.pcavtech.com/pcta/index.htm

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

I thought your busines was assembling "cheap ass PCs" and selling
them to your church buddies.

I have no busines. No such thing!

LIAR!!!
http://www.pcavtech.com/pcta/index.htm

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"S888Wheel" wrote in message
Sockpuppet Wheel, perhaps it torments you to know that I live in a

larger,
more luxurious custom-built house that is in a nicer neighborhood, near

but
not on a pleasant tree-shaded boulevard with only local traffic. In

contrast
you live in a small mass-produced cookie-cutter hovel sited immediately

next
to a busy thoroughfare with a cement median and lots of noisy truck
traffic.

You see, more sour grapes over a house you cannot afford to own.

"At least" your foundation isn't cracked.

George M. Middius

S888Wheel said to The Big ****:

I thought your busines was assembling "cheap ass PCs" and selling them to your
church buddies.

He also tries to barter with his cheap-ass dentist, the plumber, the
Kroobitch's pharmacist, and God knows who else. I'd love to get a look
at Krooger's credit report.

dave weil

On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 17:58:36 -0500, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

Arny said

You seem to think many weird things, sockpuppet Wheel. I hear tell
you even think you are smart.

I think you are an idiot.

Coming from you, that's a complement!

That isn't so weird. It's a pretty damned common thought.

Illiterate confusion of the words "though" and "thought".

Yes Arnold, I agree. You *have* illiterately confused the words
"though" and "thought".

"Thought" is correct, not "though".

George M. Middius

dave weil said to Destructo-Borg:

I think you are an idiot.

Coming from you, that's a complement!

You missed this one. tweet!

That isn't so weird. It's a pretty damned common thought.

Illiterate confusion of the words "though" and "thought".

Yes Arnold, I agree. You *have* illiterately confused the words
"though" and "thought".

Mr. **** sets new lows in vocabulary abuse every month.

Rich Andrews

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in news:40183c03$1_1@
127.0.0.1:

:

[...]

I find both performing and listening relaxing in different ways. I have
spent time with the Yamaha Clavinova and was quite impressed. I could
spend a tremendous amounts of time with that instrument.

Rich Andrews

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in news:40183b49$1_1@
127.0.0.1:

Rich Andrews wrote:

[...]

A worn out 78 of anything would irk me as well.

Arny Krueger

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

So you're saying that sockpuppet wheel's PC is trash? It figures,
given

the
mass-production cookie cutter house (to remember what you said on the

topic,
Yustabe) that he lives in.

Most pc's are trash, as far as music reproduction goes.

I'm sure yours is Yustabe, given the state of your main home system.

Sander deWaal

Default AC on the heaters extends tube life.

"Arny Krueger" said:

I have this story on good authority from a former Philips employee,
who used to design tubes in the '40s and '50s.

Whatever that means.

Hm......my English must be worse than I thought.
A guy who used to work at the Philips (you know *that* name, don't
you?) tube plant in Eindhoven, Netherlands, told me this in an
interview I did some 15 years ago.
Philips was one of the largest tube suppliers at that time, together
with AEG-Telefunken and Siemens-Valvo.

I thought we were talking about perfectionist audio here, not tactical
military electronics. BTW I worked on the last generation of tactical
military electronic equipment, literally rocket science. All of the
signal-processing tubes ran on about 6 volts DC.

That figures. I doubt there was an AC generator onboard those
missiles, they most likely run on batteries.

Also, you'll find that many people over in RATubes, who are far more
knowledgeable than me, will agree with my standpoint.

I thought we were talking about scientific truth here, not a popularity
contest.

I don't know why a discussion on RAO that is even remotely on-topic,
should then immedialety be labelled with "scientific truth".
To me, it is just an exchange of ideas.
The "popularity contest" is probably a figment of your imagination,
and not worth considering or replying to.

As far as tube life is concerned, by far the most important factor is
the lifespan of the getter.

Only if the tube is leaky or has components with trapped gas in them. Many
really large tubes with very long lives have no getters at all.

EVERY tube produces gas over time, and EVERY small signal tube (as
used in audio) has a getter.
Why we're suddenly digressing in really large (transmitting?) tubes is
beyond me.
To me, a KT88 already is a large tube.

Getters are circumventions, not solutions.

Getters are the *only* solution to absorb gas in a normal vacuum tube.
And since *every* tube produces gas...........

Indeed connecting the center tap of the tranny to cathode level may
reduce the DC effect.

Except that I already proved that most of the heater is already
significantly more positive than the cathode in the vast majority of audio
signal-handling circuits. The idea of the grounded center tap is to minimize
and balance the AC signal that leaks into the audio circuits. Aversion to DC
powered filaments is a carry-over from the days when it was really difficult
to convert AC to DC at low voltages and high currents. Remember copper-oxide
rectifiers? They were huge and inefficient for the application. Remember
selenium rectifiers? They were pretty large and costly for high current
applications, as well.

I'm too young to remember those, mr. Krueger.
I was raised with solid state audio.

This will be my last post in this thread, and also my last reply to
you, mr. Krueger.
Remember I offered you an apology in private e-mail last time I left
RAO?
Yet, you insult me every time you write about "tube and vinyl bigots"
and your allegations about people using tubes and/or vinyl not being
interested in music reproduction
You tried to troll me last week with your "friend of Middius" post,
and now you're practicing the "debating trade" with me.

Over the time I read RAO, I've several times tried to have a
reasonable conversation with you.
Apparently, that simply isn't possible.

Therefor, I can only do one thing and that is to ignore everything you
write from now on.
You probably don't care, and my time is too valuable to argue with
someone who doen't know how to treat others with respect.

--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy
Arny Krueger

"Sander deWaal" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" said:
I thought we were talking about perfectionist audio here, not
tactical military electronics. BTW I worked on the last generation
of tactical military electronic equipment, literally rocket science.
All of the signal-processing tubes ran on about 6 volts DC.

That figures. I doubt there was an AC generator onboard those
missiles, they most likely run on batteries.

There was a small 3-phase 400 Hz generator on the missile, powered by a gas
turbine with a separate solid fuel canister. The hydraulic servos were a
lossy system powered by a hydraulic accumulator. It's all about
power-to-weight and power-to-size, and on that basis, batteries suck. They
sucked even worse in the 60s. They also had shelf-life issues. Modern
pyrotechnics and compressed air can have tremendous shelf lives. However
this system was expensive to build.

If you read the news, this sort of technology, with a bath and a shave could
come back for consumer gear.

As far as tube life is concerned, by far the most important factor
is the lifespan of the getter.

Only if the tube is leaky or has components with trapped gas in
them. Many really large tubes with very long lives have no getters
at all.

EVERY tube produces gas over time, and EVERY small signal tube (as
used in audio) has a getter.

That's because small signal tubes as used in audio are first and foremost
cost-effective. Second, even in the 60s they were already legacy designs. By
the 60's cost was most of the justification for getters. If you paid the
price and did things right there was no need for getters. Getters aren't all
sweetness and light, either. They can contaminate insulators and other parts
inside the envelope.

Why we're suddenly digressing in really large (transmitting?) tubes is
beyond me. To me, a KT88 already is a large tube.

The KT88 is also very much a legacy design.

Getters are circumventions, not solutions.

Getters are the *only* solution to absorb gas in a normal vacuum tube.
And since *every* tube produces gas...

Except that's not true. By the 60's the sources of outgassing were
well-known and the means to control them were well-known.

Indeed connecting the center tap of the tranny to cathode level may
reduce the DC effect.

Except that I already proved that most of the heater is already
significantly more positive than the cathode in the vast majority of
audio signal-handling circuits. The idea of the grounded center tap
is to minimize and balance the AC signal that leaks into the audio
circuits. Aversion to DC powered filaments is a carry-over from the
days when it was really difficult to convert AC to DC at low
voltages and high currents. Remember copper-oxide rectifiers? They
were huge and inefficient for the application. Remember selenium
rectifiers? They were pretty large and costly for high current
applications, as well.

I'm too young to remember those, mr. Krueger.
I was raised with solid state audio.

I lived with nothing but tubes until I was in my middle teens. By then I had
already scratch-built at least a half-dozen amps and built lots of kits.

This will be my last post in this thread, and also my last reply to
you, mr. Krueger.

Whatever.

Remember I offered you an apology in private e-mail last time I left
RAO?

Not until you reminded me.

Yet, you insult me every time you write about "tube and vinyl bigots"
and your allegations about people using tubes and/or vinyl not being
interested in music reproduction

The facts are clear. If you feed put-upon by a recitation of the clear and
easily-justified facts then you really need to get in touch with yourself.

You tried to troll me last week with your "friend of Middius" post,
and now you're practicing the "debating trade" with me.

Just the facts.

Over the time I read RAO, I've several times tried to have a
reasonable conversation with you.

Perhaps thinking too hard makes your head hurt. Perhaps you want to maintain
your illusions at any cost.

Apparently, that simply isn't possible.

For you, Sander. Sad.

Therefor, I can only do one thing and that is to ignore everything you
write from now on.

Right, just dig a hole in the ground and hide in it like Saddam.

You probably don't care, and my time is too valuable to argue with
someone who doen't know how to treat others with respect.

And you call this kind of whining personal attack respect?

Sander, if you were interested in respect, but can't take the heat in the
kitchen, you'd just quietly leave. Instead you took a crap on the table and
threw it all over the place. When little kids do that, we think we have a
bit of a problem. When adults do it, we know we are really dealing with a
little kid.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

So you're saying that sockpuppet wheel's PC is trash? It figures,
given

the
mass-production cookie cutter house (to remember what you said on the

topic,
Yustabe) that he lives in.

Most pc's are trash, as far as music reproduction goes.

I'm sure yours is Yustabe, given the state of your main home system.

Exactly! With my wonderful sounding main system, why use a
pc for audio purposes. Like I said, I don't bake a roast on the range, a
and I don't grill a steak in my oven.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" said:

Yet, you insult me every time you write about "tube and vinyl bigots"
and your allegations about people using tubes and/or vinyl not being
interested in music reproduction
You tried to troll me last week with your "friend of Middius" post,
and now you're practicing the "debating trade" with me.

And turning a handsome profit on it!!

Over the time I read RAO, I've several times tried to have a
reasonable conversation with you.
Apparently, that simply isn't possible.

Therefor, I can only do one thing and that is to ignore everything you
write from now on.
You probably don't care, and my time is too valuable to argue with
someone who doen't know how to treat others with respect.

--
Sander deWaal
Vacuum Audio Consultancy

S888Wheel

I said

You see, more sour grapes over a house you cannot afford to own.

Arny said

Exactly what is it that I'm supposed to envy sockpuppet wheel?

How is the whether out there Arny? It was mid seventies here today. Ever heard
the song "I Love L.A.? I never heard such a song for Detroit. We are deciding
whether we want to have a family outing to Disneyland or take a short trip up
PCH to Santa Barabara to spend some time at the beach. Location is everything.
My house is beyond you ways and means because it is in a desirable location.

Arny said

your
cookie-cutter architecture?

Maybe you could cite something specifically wrong with the architecture of my
house.

Arny said

Your low quality construction?

LOL. More sour grapes. My house wasn't a fixer upper. I doubt you know enough
about construction in Southern California or the construction of my house in
particular to understand what an ass you are making of yourself. Ever fix your
foundation?

Arny said

Your noisy
neighborhood?

Funny. You have never been to my neighborhood. This is the quintessential
example of sour grapes. you do know the story don't you. By the way, the one
person who has been to both of our neighborhoods found yours to be far more
noisy.

Arny said

your tiny lot directly abutting a busy highway?

Indeed more sour grapes.

Arny said

Your shoddy
mass-produced construction?

More sour grapes. Perhaps you can tell us what is shoddy about the construction
of my house? You have no idea do you?

Arny said

Your tiny rooms? Your itty-bitty floor plan?

As if you have any idea how big the rooms are or what the floor plan of my
house looks like. More sour grapes. You have to tell lies about that which you
cannot afford to sooth your ego.

Arny said

Your possibility of an earthquake? Your possibility of a overland fire?

Overland fire? LOL. How is the whether out there again? How are the beaches?
How are the mountains?

Arny said

It's not my fault that you and your buds have the cheap-ass PCs
that you keep complaining about. Given how smart and highly-paid
you claim to be, I'd think you could do better!

I said

I thought your busines was assembling "cheap ass PCs" and selling
them to your church buddies.

Arny said

I have no busines. No such thing!

I said

You think making an issue out of a typo covers the truth about your
miserable life? LOL. Nice try.

Arny said

Sockpuppet Wheel, I think that making an issue out of your inability to
equip yourself with modern writing tools makes my point quite nicely, thank
you.

If your point is that you are a hypocrite I would have to agree.

Arny said

You seem to think many weird things, sockpuppet Wheel. I hear tell
you even think you are smart.

I said

I think you are an idiot.

Arny said

Coming from you, that's a complement!

Obviously a looser like you will take attention any way you can get it. i'm
sure it is your kind of compliment.

I said

That isn't so weird. It's a pretty damned common thought.

Arny said

Illiterate confusion of the words "though" and "thought".

Another confession? You should work on your reading conprehension before
attcking the literacy of others. Thought is what I wrote and thought is what I
meant dip****.

I said

No wonder you have self esteem issues.

Arny said

Funny, I feel no such pain.

I said

I hear getting over the denial is the first step to recovery.

Arny said

You probably hear it from your psychotherapist, sockpuppet wheel.

You know your fantasies about me are really creepy.

I said

Looks like you have a long road ahead of you.

Arny said

A road composed of a long happy life, sockpuppet wheel. Remember, I'm about
old enough to be your daddy.

I guess maybe it is too late for you. I forgot your life of chronic
underachievement and misery was close to the end. It must really suck to be
you. It must drive you crazy to know a younger guy like me has already bought a
house you cannot afford and put in a highend system you cannot afford in a
customed built listening room you cannot afford. You were asking why you would
be screaming sour grapes?

I said

Actually I am just starting
to use this nifty Nikon coolscan 4000 ED film scanner that arrived a
few days ago.

Arny said

You seem to be having your usual mental problems, sockpuppet wheel. This is
rec.audio.opinion, not rec.photo.equipment.

Yeah no ****. so why do you keep screaming sour grapes about my house that you
cannot afford and my computer? You bring up all these subjects then whine when
I respond. That is pretty pathetic.

I said

Fortunately my new Pentium 4 PC with a gig of ram
should handle the large files from the new scanner.

Arny said

Fool that you are sockpuppet wheel, you seem to think that you store
scanned images in RAM.

I said

Talk about being a fool. Where did I say "store?" I said handle. Duh!
Obviously you don't deal with large image files much.

Arny said

I deal with large image files - on the order of 5-10 GB, quite routinely.

LOL. You are so full of ****.

Arny said

Of
course unlike you sockpuppet wheel, I'm not confused about which newsgroup I
am posting to.

You are just a hypocrite about it.

Arny said

My image files comprise sonic images.

You are indeed a ****ing idiot. I guess you don't even understand simple words
like image. Or are you dropping acid and seeing sound?

Arny said

Perhaps you do. Most of
the rest of us rely on hard drives and writable optical disk for that
purpose.

I said

You are laughably clueless. Try scanning a 130 megabite image with
less than 139 megabites of available RAM and see what happens.

Arny said

Since my computers have far more RAM than that pittance, I wouldn't know.

You wouldn't know one way or another obviously. You clearly didn't understand
the importance of having a gig of RAM to *handle* large *image* files.

Arny said

However, I'd like to introduce you to a concept that you are obviously
unfamiliar with sockpuppet wheel - virtual memory. All versions of windows
have implemented virtual memory going back to Windows 386.

You really are in over your head on this subject.

I said

Try color corecting such an image with less than 130 megabites of RAM.

Arny said

It's been years since I had a machine that small. However, I bet that you've
tried this with one of your peanut whistle computers, sockpuppet wheel.

Try to follow the thread Arny. I have a gig of RAM.

I said

I'm not even getting itno the extra RAM you need to proccess color
corection on Photoshop or the RAM that is taken up by all the other
programs that are working when one scans images and works with them
in photoshop. You are amazingly dense.

Arny said

By your standards I'm amazingly well equipped. I keep several GB of RAM in
house at all times. Were I to have the need for more gigabytes of RAM in a
computer, relief is just a shutdown and boot away.

To be well equiped you would have to have a high quality scanner and an
understanding of the needs that come with it. You have demonstrated that you
have no such understanding.

Arny said

I'll compare online hard drive space with you any day of the week,
sockpuppet wheel. Hint: I have a household 100BTX network with no
less than four computers permanently on it, each running something
like a quarter terabyte of hard drive space or more, some RAID, and
each with at least one optical disc recorder, CD or DVD.

I said

I hope you don't play poker for money Arny. You show your hand all
the time.

Arny said

Except I don't. I suckered you pretty good on the RAM front, sockpuppet
wheel.

No Arny. I never claimed to have more than you. But you sure did show your
hand. You are quite quick to get into a ****ing contest when you think you will
win. LOL it is no wonder you avoid comparing IQ scores and hearing acuity tests
with me.

I said

You are willing to compare hard drive space with me ( you
do have more) but you won't compare standard I.Q. scores or results
of hearing acuity tests.

Arny said

Sockpuppet wheel, it is you that turned and ran when I suggested a real
world hearing acuity test.

Nice try to spin this one. You never offered to take any hearing acuity test
and post the results. You are obviously affraid to take any such test and post
the results.

Arny said

As far as IQ goes, like many informed people I
consider IQ to be a largely irrelevant measure, even though my IQ has tested
quite high on a number of occasions.

And yet you continue to avoid taking such a test and posting the results. We
all know how quick you are to post figures when you think you have the upper
hand. Obviously, you would do the same if you thought you had any chance of
outscoring me in such a test.

I said

That's nice. Do you even own a scanner?

Arny said

I own as many scanners as turntables. My first *real* scanner was a brand
new then PC SOTA Scanjet II.

That was never SOTA. It is quite revealing though that someone who actually
owns a scanner cannot understand the need for a lot of RAM to *handle* large
scans. No wonder you avoid taking the IQ test and posting the results.

I said

Have you ever worked with large image files in photoshop?

Arny said

Of course.

And yet you do not understand the need for extra RAM to *handle* large files in
photoshop.

Arny said

I've obviously worked with far more large image
files in Photoshop than you've worked with large sonic images in Audition.

Nice try at spinning the subject. Still confused about the word image I see.

Arny said

And, Photoshop isn't even my imaging tool of choice.

Obviously to sophisticated a tool for such a simple mind. So simple that you
cannot even comprehend the need for extra RAM to effectively use Photoshop on
large image files. I forgot you don't really understand the word image.

Arny said

Sockpuppet wheel, let me point out that unlike you, I'm much more a
audiophile rather than a photophile.

You are clearly lacking in both.

Arny said

However, the serious photographer in the family is my daughter. Among other
things, for the past 6-7 years she has been a senior technician in one of
the finest photo labs on this side of the city, one that is chosen by
professionals and law enforcement agencies.

Wow. Your daughter works in a photolab.

Arny said

If I need any photo work done, I
just call in a few chips from her. If I need some negatives or slides
scanned, I'll just mention it to her.

That might explain your complete incompetence on the subject of scanning
images.

Arny said

Why would I bother with a scanner in the $999 price range when I have ready
access to one that cost up in the six figures?

You are asking me why would you buy a piece of equipment that is out of your
price range when you can freeload? The question speaks volumes about you Arny.

Arny said

BTW, that SJ II cost me more
than $1300 when it was new.

You wasted a lot of money on a mediocre scanner. And you obviously never
learned to put it to use since you choose to freeload off your daughter
instead.

Arny said

Correct that for inflation, and you'll see why I
laugh at your pathetic braggadocio over your little Nikon.

You love that adjustment for inflation. I paid at discount just over 12,000
dollars for my first computer system for image editing back in 95. Adjust for
infaltion and you'll see why I laugh at your POS scanner. I also wasn't
freeloading. Now if you compare the performance between your POS scanner and my
new Nikon scanner you will see that I have the smarts to spend the money
effectively.

Lionel

S888Wheel a écrit :

You love that adjustment for inflation. I paid at discount just over 12,000
dollars for my first computer system for image editing back in 95.

1995 ? Interesting...
Which configuration ?
- OS
- Software
- Hardware

Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

I said

You see, more sour grapes over a house you cannot afford to own.

Arny said

Exactly what is it that I'm supposed to envy sockpuppet wheel?

How is the whether out there Arny?

Seasonal.

It was mid seventies here today.

Doesn't sound like it would be very good for skiing, ice fishing,
snowmobiling, sledding and the like.

Ever heard the song "I Love L.A.? I never heard such a song for
Detroit.

That's because you live in LA, not Detroit.

We are deciding whether we want to have a family outing to
Disneyland or take a short trip up PCH to Santa Barabara to spend
some time at the beach.

There is no such place as Santa Barabara so I can't possibly go there.

How thick of a wet suit will you be wearing if you want to go swimming or
surfing? According to http://www.surfimplement.com/ the water temperature
near you is about 54 degrees. I'll bet the wind coming off the water is nice
and toasty. NOT!

Location is everything.

A location that backs up on a busy highway doesn't attract me.

My house is beyond you ways and means because it is in a desirable

location.

Arny said

your
cookie-cutter architecture?

Maybe you could cite something specifically wrong with the
architecture of my house.

The number of houses in the neighborhood that are basically the same. The
lack of space.

Arny said

Your low quality construction?

LOL. More sour grapes. My house wasn't a fixer upper. I doubt you
know enough about construction in Southern California or the
construction of my house in particular to understand what an ass you
are making of yourself.

I've spent enough time in Southern California to have inspected houses under
construction and rehabilitation many times. My first thought is always that
a shack like this would blow away in the first stiff breeze, if built in
Michigan.

Ever fix your foundation?

I don't have any problems with my foundation to fix.

Arny said

Your noisy neighborhood?

Funny. You have never been to my neighborhood.

That's not as assured as you might think. I have definitely driven on the
road behind your house.

This is the
quintessential example of sour grapes. you do know the story don't
you. By the way, the one person who has been to both of our
neighborhoods found yours to be far more noisy.

Who might that be, the proven liar Marc Phillips? He's given himself away -
he's obviously never actually seen my house.

Arny said

your tiny lot directly abutting a busy highway?

Indeed more sour grapes.

Sour grapes about what, the busy highway that isn't in my back yard?

LOL!

Arny said

Your shoddy mass-produced construction?

More sour grapes. Perhaps you can tell us what is shoddy about the
construction of my house? You have no idea do you?

For openers, its in Southern California.

Arny said

Your tiny rooms? Your itty-bitty floor plan?

As if you have any idea how big the rooms are or what the floor plan
of my house looks like. More sour grapes. You have to tell lies about
that which you cannot afford to sooth your ego.

You're just posturing.

Arny said

Your possibility of an earthquake? Your possibility of a overland
fire?

Overland fire? LOL. How is the whether out there again?

Seasonal.

How are the beaches?

Swimmable with a wet suit, just like yours.

How are the mountains?

Nearby.

Arny said

It's not my fault that you and your buds have the cheap-ass PCs
that you keep complaining about. Given how smart and highly-paid
you claim to be, I'd think you could do better!

I said

I thought your busines was assembling "cheap ass PCs" and selling
them to your church buddies.

Arny said

I have no busines. No such thing!

I said

You think making an issue out of a typo covers the truth about your
miserable life? LOL. Nice try.

Arny said

Sockpuppet Wheel, I think that making an issue out of your inability
to equip yourself with modern writing tools makes my point quite
nicely, thank you.

If your point is that you are a hypocrite I would have to agree.

Yawn.

Arny said

You seem to think many weird things, sockpuppet Wheel. I hear tell
you even think you are smart.

I said

I think you are an idiot.

Arny said

Coming from you, that's a complement!

Obviously a looser like you will take attention any way you can get
it. i'm sure it is your kind of compliment.

Yawn.

I said

That isn't so weird. It's a pretty damned common though.

Arny said

Illiterate confusion of the words "though" and "thought".

Another confession? You should work on your reading conprehension
before attcking the literacy of others.

I am never attcking anything.

Thought is what I wrote and thought is what I meant dip****.

I have no reading conprehension, never have.

[...]

I don't want a customed built listening room, not when I have a custom built
listening room

I said

Actually I am just starting
to use this nifty Nikon coolscan 4000 ED film scanner that
arrived a few days ago.

Arny said

You seem to be having your usual mental problems, sockpuppet wheel.
This is rec.audio.opinion, not rec.photo.equipment.

Yeah no ****. so why do you keep screaming sour grapes about my house
that you cannot afford and my computer? You bring up all these
subjects then whine when I respond. That is pretty pathetic.

Asked and answered.

I said

Fortunately my new Pentium 4 PC with a gig of ram
should handle the large files from the new scanner.

Arny said

Fool that you are sockpuppet wheel, you seem to think that you
store scanned images in RAM.

I said

Talk about being a fool. Where did I say "store?" I said handle.
Duh! Obviously you don't deal with large image files much.

Arny said

I deal with large image files - on the order of 5-10 GB, quite
routinely.

LOL. You are so full of ****.

Just the truth.

Arny said

Of
course unlike you sockpuppet wheel, I'm not confused about which

newsgroup I am posting to.

You are just a hypocrite about it.

Yawn.

Arny said

My image files comprise sonic images.

You are indeed a ****ing idiot. I guess you don't even understand
simple words like image. Or are you dropping acid and seeing sound?

This is a hoot. This stupid idiot sockpuppet wheel can't comprehend the idea
of a sonic image.

Arny said

Perhaps you do. Most of
the rest of us rely on hard drives and writable optical disk for
that purpose.

I said

You are laughably clueless. Try scanning a 130 megabite image with
less than 139 megabites of available RAM and see what happens.

Arny said

Since my computers have far more RAM than that pittance, I wouldn't
know.

You wouldn't know one way or another obviously. You clearly didn't
understand the importance of having a gig of RAM to *handle* large
*image* files.

Yawn. Tell me another funny story.

Arny said

However, I'd like to introduce you to a concept that you are
obviously unfamiliar with sockpuppet wheel - virtual memory. All
versions of windows have implemented virtual memory going back to
Windows 386.

You really are in over your head on this subject.

Yawn.

I said

Try color corecting such an image with less than 130 megabites of
RAM.

Arny said

It's been years since I had a machine that small. However, I bet
that you've tried this with one of your peanut whistle computers,
sockpuppet wheel.

Try to follow the thread Arny. I have a gig of RAM.

In your new machine. I was obviously referring to your previous hardware. Do
try to follow along, sockpuppet wheel.

I said

I'm not even getting itno the extra RAM you need to proccess color
corection on Photoshop or the RAM that is taken up by all the other
programs that are working when one scans images and works with them
in photoshop. You are amazingly dense.

I try to get itno nothing.

Arny said

By your standards I'm amazingly well equipped. I keep several GB of
RAM in house at all times. Were I to have the need for more
gigabytes of RAM in a computer, relief is just a shutdown and boot
away.

To be well equiped you would have to have a high quality scanner and
an understanding of the needs that come with it.

Not if I'm not a photophile, sockpuppet wheel. You keep forgetting where you
are posting, it seems.

[...]

Asked and answered. The fact that you ran and hid when I suggested relevant
listening tests says it all, sockpuppet wheel.

I said

You are willing to compare hard drive space with me ( you
do have more) but you won't compare standard I.Q. scores or results
of hearing acuity tests.

Arny said

Sockpuppet wheel, it is you that turned and ran when I suggested a
real world hearing acuity test.

Nice try to spin this one. You never offered to take any hearing
acuity test and post the results. You are obviously affraid to take
any such test and post the results.

I'm never affraid to do anything.

You never had a clue about that discussion about "proof" on Usenet, did you
Sockpuppet wheel? The only reason why I believe that I know where your hovel
is, is because I have a sworn document from you and relevant public records.

Arny said

As far as IQ goes, like many informed people I
consider IQ to be a largely irrelevant measure, even though my IQ
has tested quite high on a number of occasions.

And yet you continue to avoid taking such a test and posting the
results .

I just took an IQ test that says I have an IQ of 267.

Enjoy!

[...]

That would be one of your delusions, sockpuppet wheel.

Arny said

I've obviously worked with far more large image
files in Photoshop than you've worked with large sonic images in
Audition.

Nice try at spinning the subject. Still confused about the word image
I see.

The confusion is obviously yours, sockpuppet.

Arny said

And, Photoshop isn't even my imaging tool of choice.

Obviously to sophisticated a tool for such a simple mind.

Yawn.

So simple
that you cannot even comprehend the need for extra RAM to effectively
use Photoshop on large image files. I forgot you don't really
understand the word image.

Flawed logic based on lies.

Arny said

Sockpuppet wheel, let me point out that unlike you, I'm much more a
audiophile rather than a photophile.

You are clearly lacking in both.

Since you can't comprehend the concept of an audible image, it is quite
clear that you lack the levels of comprehension required to be worthy of
conversing with, sockpuppet wheel.

Arny said

However, the serious photographer in the family is my daughter.
Among other things, for the past 6-7 years she has been a senior
technician in one of the finest photo labs on this side of the city,
one that is chosen by professionals and law enforcement agencies.

Wow. Your daughter works in a photolab.

Almost as a hobby. It's a good way to get her photos processed *right*, and
get paid for it.

Arny said

If I need any photo work done, I
just call in a few chips from her. If I need some negatives or slides
scanned, I'll just mention it to her.

That might explain your complete incompetence on the subject of
scanning images.

Not at all. I've done my own scans.

Arny said

Why would I bother with a scanner in the $999 price range when I
have ready access to one that cost up in the six figures?

You are asking me why would you buy a piece of equipment that is out
of your price range when you can freeload? The question speaks
volumes about you Arny.

Yes, it shows that I've got connections in the right places.

Arny said

BTW, that SJ II cost me more
than $1300 when it was new.

You wasted a lot of money on a mediocre scanner. And you obviously
never learned to put it to use since you choose to freeload off your
daughter instead.

Wrong again.

Arny said

Correct that for inflation, and you'll see why I
laugh at your pathetic braggadocio over your little Nikon.

You love that adjustment for inflation. I paid at discount just over
12,000 dollars for my first computer system for image editing back in
95. Adjust for infaltion and you'll see why I laugh at your POS
scanner.

I never adjust for infaltion.

I also wasn't freeloading. Now if you compare the
performance between your POS scanner and my new Nikon scanner you
will see that I have the smarts to spend the money effectively.

You're obviously one confused sick puppy sockpuppet wheel. This is an audio
forum. You're unbelievably off-topic. Post again when you beg, borrow, steal
or buy a clue.

Arny Krueger

"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

So you're saying that sockpuppet wheel's PC is trash? It figures,
given
the
mass-production cookie cutter house (to remember what you said on
the
topic,
Yustabe) that he lives in.

Most pc's are trash, as far as music reproduction goes.

I'm sure yours is Yustabe, given the state of your main home system.

Exactly!

Thanks for finally admitting that you have a crappy sounding PC and a crappy
sounding main system, Yustabe.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
"Sockpuppet Yustabe" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

So you're saying that sockpuppet wheel's PC is trash? It figures,
given
the
mass-production cookie cutter house (to remember what you said on
the
topic,
Yustabe) that he lives in.

Most pc's are trash, as far as music reproduction goes.

I'm sure yours is Yustabe, given the state of your main home system.

Exactly!

Thanks for finally admitting that you have a crappy sounding PC and a

crappy
sounding main system, Yustabe.

Nice of you to expunge my entire statement.
Another example of your legendaty duplicity

S888Wheel

I said

You see, more sour grapes over a house you cannot afford to own.

Arny said

Exactly what is it that I'm supposed to envy sockpuppet wheel?

I said

How is the whether out there Arny?

Arny said

Seasonal.

You had a high of 17 degrees and a low of 4 degrees. Thanks for admitting this
****ty weather is normal. It was nice not having to wear a jacket yesterday.

I said

It was mid seventies here today.

Arny said

Doesn't sound like it would be very good for skiing, ice fishing,
snowmobiling, sledding and the like.

Tell us about the skiing in Grosse Point Arny. We go to the mountains when we
want to ski. You ski down your frozen driveway or your frozen street? Ice
fishing is for folks who live with horrible weather like you. Californians have
plenty of great river, lake and sea fishing without the need to freeze your ass
off on ice.

I said

Ever heard the song "I Love L.A.? I never heard such a song for
Detroit.

Arny said

That's because you live in LA, not Detroit.

Are you really this stupid?

I said

We are deciding whether we want to have a family outing to
Disneyland or take a short trip up PCH to Santa Barabara to spend
some time at the beach.

Arny said

How thick of a wet suit will you be wearing if you want to go swimming or
surfing? According to http://www.surfimplement.com/ the water temperature
near you is about 54 degrees.

I wasn't planning on swimming. I guess you have never visited Santa Barbra if
you think one goes to the beach there to swim in the winter. Interestingly,
even at 54 degrees, that water is warm enough to knock some of the ice off of
your driveway. Although we wouldn't want anything like that to interfere with
your skiing. Tell us about the joy of swimming in Lake Michigan Arny. (shudder)

Arny said

I'll bet the wind coming off the water is nice
and toasty. NOT!

I'll bet it's about 50 degrees warmer than the wind blowing in your
neighborhood last night.

I said

Location is everything.

Arny said

A location that backs up on a busy highway doesn't attract me.

I am sorry you are not attracted to your own house. To bad you cannot afford a
better house in a better location. Since you think the wind comming off the
water in Sanat Barbara is so cold you must be truly misirable in temperatures
of 4 degrees which, as you say, is seasonal for your region.

I said

My house is beyond you ways and means because it is in a desirable

location.

Arny said

your
cookie-cutter architecture?

I said

Maybe you could cite something specifically wrong with the
architecture of my house.

Arny said

The number of houses in the neighborhood that are basically the same.

So you are this clueless about architecture and reality in general that you
think if a floor plan is built more than once it is somehow diminished in
quality? Figures.

Arny said

Your low quality construction?

I said

LOL. More sour grapes. My house wasn't a fixer upper. I doubt you
know enough about construction in Southern California or the
construction of my house in particular to understand what an ass you
are making of yourself.

Arny said

I've spent enough time in Southern California to have inspected houses under
construction and rehabilitation many times.

Like I said, you know nothing about the construction of my house in particular.

Arny said

My first thought is always that
a shack like this would blow away in the first stiff breeze, if built in
Michigan.

Which shows that you are pretty clueless when it comes to architectural
engineering and too narrow minded to understand the needs of contruction in
relationship to the region in which it is built. Your house would be unsellable
if it were in Southern California due to it's construction. It looks like you
lack the smarts to understand the specific needs for each region.

I said

Ever fix your foundation?

Arny said

I don't have any problems with my foundation to fix.

So you fixed the problems you had?

Arny said

Your noisy neighborhood?

I said

Funny. You have never been to my neighborhood.

Arny said

That's not as assured as you might think. I have definitely driven on the
road behind your house.

Impossible siince there is no raod behind my house. Why do continue to push
this lie about my house? Is it sour grapes or were you simply incapable of
reading a map when you were being creepy and researching my home?

I said

This is the
quintessential example of sour grapes. you do know the story don't
you. By the way, the one person who has been to both of our
neighborhoods found yours to be far more noisy.

Arny said

Who might that be, the proven liar Marc Phillips? He's given himself away -
he's obviously never actually seen my house.

This comming from the champion of liars on RAO.

Arny said

your tiny lot directly abutting a busy highway?

I said

Indeed more sour grapes.

Arny said

Sour grapes about what, the busy highway that isn't in my back yard?

LOL!

Obviously you don't even know what sour grapes means. Hint, it starts with a
lie about the thing you cannot have. You have been telling lies about my house.
Lies like there being a busy highway in my back yard and that the construction
is shoddy. You cannot afford my house or any other house in my area. Sour
Grapes.

Arny said

Your shoddy mass-produced construction?

I said

More sour grapes. Perhaps you can tell us what is shoddy about the
construction of my house? You have no idea do you?

Arny said

For openers, its in Southern California.

More sour grapes. You cannot afford to live here so you make idiotic remarks
about the construction in the entire region despite the fact that your own
house would be in violation of many codes if it were in Southern California.

Arny said

Your tiny rooms? Your itty-bitty floor plan?

I said

As if you have any idea how big the rooms are or what the floor plan
of my house looks like. More sour grapes. You have to tell lies about
that which you cannot afford to sooth your ego.

Arny said

You're just posturing.

No. The fact is you have no idea how big the rooms are in my house. You are
just making things up. Sour grapes all over again.

Arny said

Your possibility of an earthquake? Your possibility of a overland
fire?

I said

Overland fire? LOL. How is the whether out there again?

Arny said

Seasonal.

Seasinally horrible. It is unfortunate you cannot afford housing in a location
with a moderate climate like Southern California.

I said

How are the beaches?

Arny said

Swimmable with a wet suit, just like yours.

LOL what a joke. You had a high of 17 degrees yesterday. It figures that
someone who can't tell the difference between his own cheap mass-produced
mediocre equipment form real highend equipment wouldn't be able to tell the
difference between swimming at the beaches of Santa Barbara and swimming in
Lake Michigan (shudder).

I said

How are the mountains?

Arny said

Nearby.

Are you reqally this stupid? I siad "how" not "where."

S888Wheel

I said

I thought your busines was assembling "cheap ass PCs" and selling
them to your church buddies.

Arny said

I have no busines. No such thing!

I said

You think making an issue out of a typo covers the truth about your
miserable life? LOL. Nice try.

Arny said

Sockpuppet Wheel, I think that making an issue out of your inability
to equip yourself with modern writing tools makes my point quite
nicely, thank you.

I said

If your point is that you are a hypocrite I would have to agree.

Arny said

Yawn.

Yes, many of us are getting bored with your hypocricy as well.

Arny said

You seem to think many weird things, sockpuppet Wheel. I hear tell
you even think you are smart.

I said

I think you are an idiot.

Arny said

Coming from you, that's a complement!

Obviously a looser like you will take attention any way you can get
it. i'm sure it is your kind of compliment.

Arny said

Yawn.

I guess this is the meltdown. You are reduced to making redundant irrelevent

I said

That isn't so weird. It's a pretty damned common though.

Arny said

Illiterate confusion of the words "though" and "thought".

I said

Another confession? You should work on your reading conprehension
before attcking the literacy of others.

Arny said

I am never attcking anything.

You don't know the difference between the meanings of thought and though. And
yet you take victory in finding typos. Pathetic.

I said

No wonder you have self esteem issues.

Arny said

Funny, I feel no such pain.

I said

I hear getting over the denial is the first step to recovery.

Arny said

You probably hear it from your psychotherapist, sockpuppet wheel.

I said

You know your fantasies about me are really creepy.

Arny said

Yawn.

Yep, we have a meltdown,

I said

Looks like you have a long road ahead of you.

Arny said

A road composed of a long happy life, sockpuppet wheel. Remember,
I'm about old enough to be your daddy.

I said

I guess maybe it is too late for you. I forgot your life of chronic
underachievement and misery was close to the end. It must really suck
to be you. It must drive you crazy to know a younger guy like me has
already bought a house you cannot afford and put in a highend system
you cannot afford in a customed built listening room you cannot
afford. You were asking why you would be screaming sour grapes?

Arny said

I don't want a customed built listening room, not when I have a custom built
listening room

Yep, meltdown is in full tilt. Arny now thinks he has a custom built listening
room. I guess that is where you keep your mystery speakers.

S888Wheel

Arny said

You seem to be having your usual mental problems, sockpuppet wheel.
This is rec.audio.opinion, not rec.photo.equipment.

I said

Yeah no ****. so why do you keep screaming sour grapes about my house
that you cannot afford and my computer? You bring up all these
subjects then whine when I respond. That is pretty pathetic.

Arny said

Asked and answered.

Liar. This is the first time I asked. The answer is simple. You are a
hypocrite.

I said

Fortunately my new Pentium 4 PC with a gig of ram
should handle the large files from the new scanner.

Arny said

Fool that you are sockpuppet wheel, you seem to think that you
store scanned images in RAM.

I said

Talk about being a fool. Where did I say "store?" I said handle.
Duh! Obviously you don't deal with large image files much.

Arny said

I deal with large image files - on the order of 5-10 GB, quite
routinely.

LOL. You are so full of ****.

Arny said

Just the truth.

The truth according to Arny? LOL

Arny said

Of
course unlike you sockpuppet wheel, I'm not confused about which

newsgroup I am posting to.

I said

You are just a hypocrite about it.

Arny said

Yawn.

The meltdown continues.

Arny said

Digital audio files are not image files you dip****. Image has an entirely
different meaning in audio. Image files are not audio files dip****.

Arny said

Perhaps you do. Most of
the rest of us rely on hard drives and writable optical disk for
that purpose.

I said

You are laughably clueless. Try scanning a 130 megabite image with
less than 139 megabites of available RAM and see what happens.

Arny said

Since my computers have far more RAM than that pittance, I wouldn't
know.

I said

You wouldn't know one way or another obviously. You clearly didn't
understand the importance of having a gig of RAM to *handle* large
*image* files.

Arny said

Yawn

Still melting,

Arny said

Tell me another funny story.

Here is funny story. It looks like you are stupid enough to think you can
effectively use the RAM on several different computers to work with a very
large file. That is funny.

Arny said

However, I'd like to introduce you to a concept that you are
obviously unfamiliar with sockpuppet wheel - virtual memory. All
versions of windows have implemented virtual memory going back to
Windows 386.

I said

You really are in over your head on this subject.

Arny said

Yawn.

And so conyinues the meltdown.

I said

Try color corecting such an image with less than 130 megabites of
RAM.

Arny said

It's been years since I had a machine that small. However, I bet
that you've tried this with one of your peanut whistle computers,
sockpuppet wheel.

I said

Try to follow the thread Arny. I have a gig of RAM.

Arny said

In your new machine. I was obviously referring to your previous hardware. Do
try to follow along, sockpuppet wheel.

It wasn't obvious given the fact that you have been making irrational attacks
on my current computer dip****. Try following your own advice.

I said

I'm not even getting itno the extra RAM you need to proccess color
corection on Photoshop or the RAM that is taken up by all the other
programs that are working when one scans images and works with them
in photoshop. You are amazingly dense.

Arny said

I try to get itno nothing.

LOL. Why would you go illiterate like this when trying to make fun of a typo?

Arny said

By your standards I'm amazingly well equipped. I keep several GB of
RAM in house at all times. Were I to have the need for more
gigabytes of RAM in a computer, relief is just a shutdown and boot
away.

I said

To be well equiped you would have to have a high quality scanner and
an understanding of the needs that come with it.

Arny said

Not if I'm not a photophile, sockpuppet wheel. You keep forgetting where you
are posting, it seems.

You just said that if you *were* a photophile you would not have to have a
high quality scanner and the understanding of the needs that come with it for
the purpose of scanning images. You really are dense.

I said

You have
demonstrated that you have no such understanding.

Arny said

Asked and answered.

LOL there wan't even a question. Yep. Meltdown. Lets just check to make sure.

Asked and answered.

I just took an IQ test that says I have an IQ of 267.

Enjoy!

I just took an IQ test that says I have an IQ of 267.

Enjoy!

I just took an IQ test that says I have an IQ of 267.

Enjoy!

Yawn.

Yep. Total meltdown.

George M. Middius

S888Wheel said to Turd-on-a-Rope:

I have definitely driven on the
road behind your house.

Impossible siince there is no raod behind my house. Why do continue to push
this lie about my house? Is it sour grapes or were you simply incapable of
reading a map when you were being creepy and researching my home?

When Mr. **** was stalking me, he got a little confused then too.
He claimed I lived adjacent to a golf course, when the nearest one
was more than 3 miles away by car.

dave weil

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 13:22:09 -0500, George M. Middius
wrote:

S888Wheel said to Turd-on-a-Rope:

I have definitely driven on the
road behind your house.

Impossible siince there is no raod behind my house. Why do continue to push
this lie about my house? Is it sour grapes or were you simply incapable of
reading a map when you were being creepy and researching my home?

When Mr. **** was stalking me, he got a little confused then too.
He claimed I lived adjacent to a golf course, when the nearest one
was more than 3 miles away by car.

This seems to be a common problem of his stalking. He also claimed
that I lived next door to a bar, instead of the church that I live
pretty much next door to. The fact that I live virtually next door to
a church makes it impossible for me to live within 120 feet of a bar
(said church being about 20 feet from the corner of my property). In
fact, because I have a second church about 200 feet away from me in
another direction and a third church another 200 feet away from the
first church , it really means that I have have a "no bar zone" within
about 400 feet of me. There *is* one direction that it would be
"possible" to put a church within 120 feet of me - except for the fact
that all of the properties in that direction are all zoned R
(residential) for about half a mile.
Arny Krueger

"S888Wheel" wrote in message

I said

You see, more sour grapes over a house you cannot afford to own.

Arny said

Exactly what is it that I'm supposed to envy sockpuppet wheel?

I said

How is the whether out there Arny?

Arny said

Seasonal.

You had a high of 17 degrees and a low of 4 degrees.

OK, so you're so ignorant that you think that is unseasonal, sockpuppet
wheel?

Thanks for admitting this ****ty weather is normal.

That would your personal opinion. I think its great winter weather.

It was nice not having to wear a jacket yesterday.

I often go out in weather like this without a coat or jacket.

I said

It was mid seventies here today.

Arny said

Doesn't sound like it would be very good for skiing, ice fishing,
snowmobiling, sledding and the like.

Tell us about the skiing in Grosse Point Arny.

There is no such place as Grosse Point, so I can't answer that question.

We go to the mountains when we want to ski.

So do we.

You ski down your frozen driveway or your frozen street?

My driveway is almost perfectly level and is not attached to a street. So
much for that fantasy of yours, sockpuppet wheel.

Ice fishing is for folks who live with horrible weather like you.

No, its a sport for people who like evading the fuss and bother of using a
boat to find fish.

Californians have plenty of great river, lake and sea fishing
without the need to freeze your ass off on ice.

I've never seen a respectable piece of fresh water in California.

I said

Ever heard the song "I Love L.A.? I never heard such a song for
Detroit.

Arny said

That's because you live in LA, not Detroit.

Are you really this stupid?

Are you so stupid sockpuppet wheel that you believe that there are no songs
about the joys of living in Michigan and/or Detroit?

Are you so stupid sockpuppet wheel that you think that a song means much of
anything?

I said

We are deciding whether we want to have a family outing to
Disneyland or take a short trip up PCH to Santa Barabara to spend
some time at the beach.

Arny said

How thick of a wet suit will you be wearing if you want to go
swimming or surfing? According to http://www.surfimplement.com/ the
water temperature near you is about 54 degrees.

I wasn't planning on swimming. I guess you have never visited Santa
Barbra if you think one goes to the beach there to swim in the
winter.

True, I have never visited Santa Barbra. But I've been to Santa Barbara.

Interestingly, even at 54 degrees, that water is warm enough
to knock some of the ice off of your driveway.

My driveway happens to be free of ice.

Although we wouldn't
want anything like that to interfere with your skiing.

I'll leave the driveway skiing to idiots like you, sockpuppet wheel!

Tell us about the joy of swimming in Lake Michigan Arny. (shudder)

Like California, swimming is fine, in season. BTW, Lake Michigan is fresh
water. That is, water that one can drink and water one's lawn with. Fresh
water in large quantities is an interesting concept, you ought to consider
it some time. Maybe the next time you pay your inflated water bill, for
example.

Arny said

I'll bet the wind coming off the water is nice
and toasty. NOT!

I'll bet it's about 50 degrees warmer than the wind blowing in your
neighborhood last night.

That's why we have such nice tight houses in Michigan, unlike your typical
California shack.

I said

Location is everything.

Arny said

A location that backs up on a busy highway doesn't attract me.

I am sorry you are not attracted to your own house.

Name the busy highway my house is adjacent to or admit you're a posturing
fool, sockpuppet!

To bad you cannot afford a better house in a better location.

I'm supposed to be envious of the noisy truck traffic immediately adjacent
to your back yard, sockpuppet?

Since you think the wind
comming off the water in Sanat Barbara is so cold you must be truly
misirable in temperatures of 4 degrees which, as you say, is seasonal
for your region.

I never said anything about Sanat Barbara.

I said

My house is beyond you ways and means because it is in a desirable

location.

Arny said

your
cookie-cutter architecture?

I said

Maybe you could cite something specifically wrong with the
architecture of my house.

Arny said

The number of houses in the neighborhood that are basically the same.

So you are this clueless about architecture and reality in general
that you think if a floor plan is built more than once it is somehow
diminished in quality? Figures.

Thanks for admitting that you live in a cookie-cutter house. It's sameness
is consistent with the way the thermoninic noise and distortion enhancers in
your audio system corrupt the clean sound of music. Of course since you're a
vinyl bigot, the words "clean sound of music" are an oxymoron to you,
sockpuppet wheel.

Arny said

Your low quality construction?

I said

LOL. More sour grapes. My house wasn't a fixer upper. I doubt you
know enough about construction in Southern California or the
construction of my house in particular to understand what an ass you
are making of yourself.

Arny said

I've spent enough time in Southern California to have inspected
houses under construction and rehabilitation many times.

Like I said, you know nothing about the construction of my house in
particular.

How is its basic construction different from the cookie-cutter house next
door?

Arny said

My first thought is always that
a shack like this would blow away in the first stiff breeze, if
built in Michigan.

Which shows that you are pretty clueless when it comes to
architectural engineering and too narrow minded to understand the
needs of contruction in relationship to the region in which it is
built. Your house would be unsellable if it were in Southern
California due to it's construction.

I agree, I know nothing about contruction.

It looks like you lack the
smarts to understand the specific needs for each region.

Prove it.

I said

Ever fix your foundation?

Arny said

I don't have any problems with my foundation to fix.

So you fixed the problems you had?

Please elaborate on the problems that you think I had.

Arny said

Your noisy neighborhood?

I said

Funny. You have never been to my neighborhood.

Arny said

That's not as assured as you might think. I have definitely driven
on the road behind your house.

Impossible siince there is no raod behind my house.

I agree, there is no raod behind your house. But I didn't say I drove down
the raod behind your house.

Why do continue
to push this lie about my house? Is it sour grapes or were you simply
incapable of reading a map when you were being creepy and researching
my home?

What's unclear about "...there is no raod behind your house."

I said

This is the
quintessential example of sour grapes. you do know the story don't
you. By the way, the one person who has been to both of our
neighborhoods found yours to be far more noisy.

Arny said

Who might that be, the proven liar Marc Phillips? He's given himself
away - he's obviously never actually seen my house.

This comming from the champion of liars on RAO.

There is never anything comming from me.

Arny said

[...]

Just for grins, how many square feet in that little shack of yours?

Arny said

Your possibility of an earthquake? Your possibility of a overland
fire?

I said

Overland fire? LOL. How is the whether out there again?

Arny said

Seasonal.

Seasinally horrible.

We don't have weather seasinally here.

It is unfortunate you cannot afford housing in a
location with a moderate climate like Southern California.

Ironically, my son who has yet to come close to matching my annual earnings,
does in fact live in Southern California. I could live there too, if I
wanted to be that mean to myself.

I said

How are the beaches?

Arny said

Swimmable with a wet suit, just like yours.

LOL what a joke. You had a high of 17 degrees yesterday.

So what? Are you going to tell us that your water off your beaches are
swimmable right now, without a wet suit or something like it?

It figures
that someone who can't tell the difference between his own cheap
mass-produced mediocre equipment form real highend equipment wouldn't
be able to tell the difference between swimming at the beaches of
Santa Barbara and swimming in Lake Michigan (shudder).

I agree that I can tell cheap mass-produced mediocre equipment form real
highend equipment. But I don't know what a form would have to do with it.

I said

How are the mountains?

Arny said

Nearby.

Are you reqally this stupid? I siad "how" not "where."

I'm not reqally anything at all. I don't think you siad anything.

Sockpuppet Yustabe

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

My driveway is almost perfectly level and is not attached to a street.

That could make it difficult to get your car in and out.

Ice fishing is for folks who live with horrible weather like you.

No, its a sport for people who like evading the fuss and bother of using a
boat to find fish.

The bank repossessedhis rowboat.
Luckily, he still has his saw and a folding chair.

Californians have plenty of great river, lake and sea fishing
without the need to freeze your ass off on ice.

I've never seen a respectable piece of fresh water in California.

Don't deprive yourself any longer. You can look at the pictures:

http://totalescape.com/active/water/lakelist.html

That's why we have such nice tight houses in Michigan, unlike your typical
California shack.

I hope they all don't have cracked foundations

Name the busy highway my house is adjacent to or admit you're a posturing
fool, sockpuppet!

www.terraserver-usa.com
you can find an aerial photo of Arny's neighborhood
just use the address search for 1600 Prestwick
in Grosse Point Woods, Michigan
It looks like his house is about 300 feet from a commercial street.

or, unmangle this:

http://terraserver-usa.com/addressim...00+Pr estwick
+Rd%2c+Grosse+Pointe%2c+MI+48236

Lionel

dave weil a écrit :

The fact that I live virtually next door to
a church makes it impossible for me to live within 120 feet of a bar
(said church being about 20 feet from the corner of my property).

Yes it's true.
Please stop to rob the wine of the mass, Dave !

Dolby digital surround sound home theatre amplifier? Popcorn Lover General 6 May 25th 04 06:09 PM
S/PDIF? MZ Car Audio 6 April 8th 04 08:38 PM
Optical Digital is it a standard or is it proprietary EFFENDI Car Audio 2 March 16th 04 09:07 AM
Richman's ethical lapses Michael McKelvy Audio Opinions 9 December 12th 03 08:16 AM
Spinning Wheels II: CD/DVD Player or transport+DAC? (and related question on PC soundcards) Gary Jensen Audio Opinions 5 October 12th 03 01:30 PM