Clyde Slick

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message
Clyde Slick wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
Clyde Slick wrote:
"Arny Krueger" almost wrote in message

Somehow my subjective evaluation of music reproduction
is more important to me than some isolated test results
related to a questionable technical measurement.

Art writes nothing

This is one of your more intelligent comments, Art.

You are a complete idiot, a moron.
You have no idea what happened.

My guess is that you forgot what you wanted to say and then
forgot that you had not typed anything, anyway, and then hit
the send key to clear the screen.

You are compleletely clueless. I 'did'
write something.

George M. Middius

Brother Horace the Ponderously Predictable jabbered:

What happened to your ranting about "sockpuppets", Clerkie?

I guess some of the good guys decided to fight fire with
fire.

I can see why you decided against a career in PR.

MINe 109

Howard Ferstler wrote:

MINe 109 wrote:

Do you disagree with Kessler's dislike of tweaks?

I have probably read his stuff maybe two times at the most,
and to be honest I really cannot remember what the guy has
said about anything.

That's odd, as you seem to have strong negative opinions about him and
his views.

This may come as a shock to you but
when I start to read a freako audio article (this nearly
always takes place at a news stand) I will usually give up
the close reading after the first or second paragraph and
then scan the rest of the piece ASAP. Generally, I then
dismiss the small amount I have read and go read a history,
science, woodworking, or mechanical-subject magazine of some
kind.

You probably missed his printed vow not to review audio cables.

Actually, I automatically tend to suspect anyone who writes
for tweako magazines at the get go. They basically have to
prostitute themselves to do that sort of thing, no matter
how intelligent they may be.

They're all tweako magazines.

Incidentally, have I ever defined "audio tweako" for you
guys? An audio tweako is a geek who lacks the intellect of
computer geeks.

Your humor is waaay over my head...

Stephen
George M. Middius

MINe 109 said:

An audio tweako is a geek who lacks the intellect of
computer geeks.

Your humor is waaay over my head...

Harold got a Master's in Boogerology.

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Arny Krueger" almost wrote in message

Somehow my subjective evaluation of music reproduction
is more important to me than some isolated test results
related to a questionable technical measurement.

Art writes nothing

This is one of your more intelligent comments, Art.

You are a complete idiot, a moron.
You have no idea what happened.

My guess is that you forgot what you wanted to say and then
forgot that you had not typed anything, anyway, and then hit
the send key to clear the screen.

:-)

You are as stupid as Howard.

George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said to Slut:

You are as stupid as Howard.

But more expensive.

Howard Ferstler

dave weil wrote:

On Wed, 15 Jun 2005 20:23:10 -0400, Howard Ferstler
wrote:

I have probably read his stuff maybe two times at the most,
and to be honest I really cannot remember what the guy has
said about anything. This may come as a shock to you but
when I start to read a freako audio article (this nearly
always takes place at a news stand) I will usually give up
the close reading after the first or second paragraph and
then scan the rest of the piece ASAP.

Hmmmm, this describes what I do when I encounter one of YOUR articles.
That is, unless I'm having trouble sleeping.

Dave, I simply do not care what you and people like you
think of my published materials. There is no "converting" to
a rational approach, anyway, so I do not expect any of you
to pick up one of my review or commentary articles, or one
of my books, and suddenly discovering that what you have
been believing all along is claptrap. Once a fool is at home
in a fool's paradise (and tweako audio is indeed a fool's
paradise), there is no getting him to leave.

On the other hand, while I do not spend a lot of time
debating assorted tweako journalists here on RAO (assuming,
of course, that the various sockpuppets I encounter are not
such individuals in disguise), you DO spend a lot of time
"debating" (for want of a better word) me.

If I were going to spend time debating someone and calling
them to task for wrecking a fine hobby like high-end audio,
I would certainly do a bit of research on what they have
published.

Know your enemies, so they say.

Howard Ferstler

dave weil

wrote:

I have probably read his stuff maybe two times at the most,
and to be honest I really cannot remember what the guy has
said about anything. This may come as a shock to you but
when I start to read a freako audio article (this nearly
always takes place at a news stand) I will usually give up
the close reading after the first or second paragraph and
then scan the rest of the piece ASAP.

Hmmmm, this describes what I do when I encounter one of YOUR articles.
That is, unless I'm having trouble sleeping.

Dave, I simply do not care what you and people like you
think of my published materials.

That's kind of funny, considering how much you beg for our opinions
about your articles and well as your exhorting us to read them.

There is no "converting" to
a rational approach, anyway, so I do not expect any of you
to pick up one of my review or commentary articles, or one
of my books, and suddenly discovering that what you have
been believing all along is claptrap. Once a fool is at home
in a fool's paradise (and tweako audio is indeed a fool's
paradise), there is no getting him to leave.

Yes, that's why you're stuck at home much of the time.

On the other hand, while I do not spend a lot of time
debating assorted tweako journalists here on RAO (assuming,
of course, that the various sockpuppets I encounter are not
such individuals in disguise), you DO spend a lot of time
"debating" (for want of a better word) me.

Heck, I'm just responding to the claptrap that you post here.

If I were going to spend time debating someone and calling
them to task for wrecking a fine hobby like high-end audio,
I would certainly do a bit of research on what they have
published.

All I respond to is what you post here. Maybe you really don't believe
that stuff and you reserve your weird ideas for RAO.

Know your enemies, so they say.

Howard, you aren't my enemy. Just a bit of a goofball with a bully
pulpit.

Clyde Slick

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

Once a fool is at home
in a fool's paradise (and tweako audio is indeed a fool's
paradise), there is no getting him to leave.

nevertheless, it is paradise, just as much
as your 'rationalizations' comprise your paradise.