Lionel

Tom a écrit :
"Arny Krueger" wrote

No doubt Mr. Atkinson will attempt to play cool, attempting to wind me
up as he is able to. I''ll try to be my usual sweet self, but you know
how I can be pompus to the point of being overbearning.

Are you going to be an asshole when you meet face to face?
I know John is a nice guy. I heard you were a regular guy in
person as well - although this is difficult to imagine. You know
if you want to have any credibility next Friday, regular and nice
will go a lot further than pompous and overbearing as you
mention above.

Unfortunatly most of pepole here are anxiously waiting a
nice scuffle.
IMHO you are an honest guy Tom. I'm sincerely sorry if I
have been unpleasant with you sometime.
Arny Krueger

Tom wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote

No doubt Mr. Atkinson will attempt to play cool, attempting to wind

me
up as he is able to. I'm counting on him to be his usual sweet

self,
which is to say pompus to the point of being overbearning.

Is Atkinson going to be an asshole when you meet face to face?

That's a strange question to ask.

I know John is an two-faced prick.

I've suspected as much, but thanks for the heads up

I heard you were a regular guy in person.

Thank you!

You know
if you want to have any credibility next Friday, regular and nice
will go a lot further than pompous and overbearing as you
mention above.

I'm counting on it!

dave weil

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:14:37 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote

I know John is an two-faced prick.

I wonder what the Sunday choir would think about this.

severian

Once a whore, always a whore...

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...2005Apr19.html

Firms Paid TV's Tech Gurus To Promote Their Products

By Howard Kurtz
Washington Post Staff Writer
Wednesday, April 20, 2005; Page C01

Corey Greenberg, tech editor for NBC's "Today" show, appeared last
July to praise Apple's iPod as "a great portable musical player . . .
the coolest-looking one" and suggested a compatible device to "share
your music with other people." "This is the way to go," he declared.

"Let's cut the Apple commercial here right now, okay?" co-host Matt
Lauer interjected.

Lauer was onto something. Greenberg, an NBC contributor, confirmed
yesterday that he has received payments from Apple as well as Sony,
Hewlett-Packard, Seiko Epson, Creative Technology and Energizer
Holdings, charging $15,000 apiece to talk up their products on news
shows. The contracts were first disclosed by the Wall Street Journal.

Lionel

dave weil a écrit :
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:14:37 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote

I know John is an two-faced prick.

I wonder what the Sunday choir would think about this.

If they are *real* good christian surely nothing...

....*But* if they are old hippies full of bias and
psychotropic drugs who knows ?

John Atkinson

dave weil wrote:
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:14:37 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote
I know John is an two-faced prick.

I wonder what the Sunday choir would think about this.

I imagine they would assume that someone other than Arny wrote that
I was a "two-faced prick." As will Arny if this subject comes up
next Friday. :-)

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Robert Morein

"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

IMO, howard is probabably just pleased to see a fraud get his
comeuppance.

If irony could plagiarize itself.

Ironically, irony can plagiarize itself.

Arny Krueger

John Atkinson wrote:
dave weil wrote:

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:14:37 -0400, "Arny Krueger"

wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote

No, Tom wrote what follows below, just as surely as I said:

"I'll try to be my usual sweet self, but you know how I can be pompus
to the point of being overbearning."

This clearly must be a perfect quote of what I said, since that's what
Tom quoted me saying in his post.

I know John is an two-faced prick.

I wonder what the Sunday choir would think about this.

I imagine they would assume that someone other than Arny wrote that
I was a "two-faced prick." As will Arny if this subject comes up
next Friday. :-)

Don't take it personally, John. The point is that Tom had lots of fun
forging neat things for me say in his reply to my post. So since he
obviously thinks this is excellent form, I thought it would be
appropriate to return the honor.

EddieM

ScottW wrote

Why don't you attend?

ScottW

He got no more money. He spent all his extra savings buying up
treated woods for his house addition project last year. His wife
said that if he spend another dollar for audio related expense,
she'll cut off his one remaining ball while he's asleep.

This is the reason he can't elaborate when ask if he's going
to attend.

Lionel

Robert Morein a écrit :
"Clyde Slick" wrote in message

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

IMO, howard is probabably just pleased to see a fraud get his
comeuppance.

If irony could plagiarize itself.

Ironically, irony can plagiarize itself.

Unfortunatly that's often the case when Sackman exprimes his
point of view.

;-)

George M. Middius

Tom said:

Jesus Christ

What's the problem, Bob?

I know! I know!

George M. Middius

John Atkinson said:

I wonder what the Sunday choir would think about this.

I imagine they would assume that someone other than Arny wrote that
I was a "two-faced prick." As will Arny if this subject comes up
next Friday. :-)

Arnii would love to meet somebody who's a two-headed prick.

George M. Middius

Tom said:

Can you record every minute of your togetherness? We'd like to
see the "meet and greet", the friendly chats, the dinners, the nightcaps,
etc. Could you please hire a full time documentary photographer?

Good suggestion. I'd like to see what happens when Arnii gets his check
from Stereophile, especially if it's in the amount of $1000.

Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
dave weil a écrit :
On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:14:37 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote

I know John is an two-faced prick.

I wonder what the Sunday choir would think about this.

If they are *real* good christian surely nothing...

...*But* if they are old hippies full of bias and psychotropic drugs who
knows ?

Is Box of Rain in their repetoire?

Clyde Slick

"EddieM" wrote in message

. His wife
said that if he spend another dollar for audio related expense,
she'll cut off his one remaining ball while he's asleep.

That softie is in no way related to his wrecking ball.

Lionel

Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

dave weil a écrit :

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:14:37 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote

I know John is an two-faced prick.

I wonder what the Sunday choir would think about this.

If they are *real* good christian surely nothing...

...*But* if they are old hippies full of bias and psychotropic drugs who
knows ?

Is Box of Rain in their repetoire?

Sorry I was not speaking about Jewish miscreants who are
wearing a "yalmake" in pure hypocrisy (lack of character ?)...

;-)
Clyde Slick

"Lionel" wrote in message
Clyde Slick a écrit :
"Lionel" wrote in message

dave weil a écrit :

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 11:14:37 -0400, "Arny Krueger"
wrote:

"Arny Krueger" wrote

I know John is an two-faced prick.

I wonder what the Sunday choir would think about this.

If they are *real* good christian surely nothing...

...*But* if they are old hippies full of bias and psychotropic drugs who
knows ?

Is Box of Rain in their repetoire?

Sorry I was not speaking about Jewish miscreants who are wearing a
"yalmake" in pure hypocrisy (lack of character ?)...

Garciastein?

Tom

"Lionel" wrote

Unfortunatly most of pepole here are anxiously waiting a nice scuffle.
IMHO you are an honest guy Tom. I'm sincerely sorry if I have been
unpleasant with you sometime.

Honestly, I've met a lot of the folks who post here. I've met
a few of Arny's friends. Every single person I've met has been
nice. I suspect that when Arny and John meet, things will be
friendly. I don't see Arny treating John with the disrespect
he's so free with here. But I wish I could be there to see it.
I look forward to watching the video.

Arny - I actually give you a lot of credit for standing up in
front of a crowd of what will probably be mostly audiophiles.

John - when do you expect to have the recording online?

Arny Krueger

Tom wrote:

Arny - I actually give you a lot of credit for standing up in
front of a crowd of what will probably be mostly audiophiles.

Tom, why would I possibly be worried about facing audiophiles, given
that I am one? You really have your head where the sun shines not,
don't you?

George M. Middius

The Krooborg tries some of his "debating trade" shtick.

Arny - I actually give you a lot of credit for standing up in
front of a crowd of what will probably be mostly audiophiles.

Tom, why would I possibly be worried about facing audiophiles, given
that I am one?

That's "given", Arnii? The only way it could be given to you is
involuntarily. What is known is that you hate music, and that is the
reason human beings adopt audiophilia as a hobby. Furthermore, your idea
of audio equipment is quaint -- you can't tell real gear from that random
collection of parts and junk you wallow in.

You're as much an audiophile as Ferstler is a logician.

Clyde Slick

Tom wrote:

Arny - I actually give you a lot of credit for standing up in
front of a crowd of what will probably be mostly audiophiles.

Tom, why would I possibly be worried about facing audiophiles, given
that I am one? You really have your head where the sun shines not,
don't you?

Yes, Arny will be very nice.

Arny Krueger

George M. Middius wrote:
The Krooborg tries some of his "debating trade" shtick.

Arny - I actually give you a lot of credit for standing up in
front of a crowd of what will probably be mostly audiophiles.

Tom, why would I possibly be worried about facing audiophiles,

given
that I am one?

That's "given", Arnii?

In the non-Middius-domianted parts of the world, yes.

The only way it could be given to you is involuntarily.

Admittedly, I took it.

What is known is that you hate music,

Which is why I spend about 8 hours a week rehearsing, controlling the
amplification of, and recording music. I hate music so much! ;-)

and that is the reason human beings adopt audiophilia as a hobby.

Works for me.

Furthermore, your
idea of audio equipment is quaint -- you can't tell real gear from
that random collection of parts and junk you wallow in.

Say George since you are such an expert about my tastes in audio, why
not list the components of the last audio system I listened to for a
number of hours.

You're as much an audiophile as Ferstler is a logician.

Red herring debating trade irrelevant interjection.

George, This isn't about Ferstler, its about you and me.

George M. Middius

Ugh! Ick! Gross!

You're as much an audiophile as Ferstler is a logician.

George, This isn't about Ferstler, its about

Its what is about? And what do "This" and "its" refer to? Are you
Kroolucinating again, or did you get arrested for murder?

you and me.

There's no "you and me", you vile pile of doo-doo. How grotesque you are.

severian

Just in case anyone is still interested in the original topic, the thing
that originally put CG on the skids with Stereophile was that he wrote a
piece or pieces (been a while) for another magazine, when he had an
agreement with Stereophile to be exclusive to them. From the talk at the
time, he did not tell JA about this, and it appeared that he didn't because
he knew it wouldn't be approved. This led to a big brouhaha where he
demanded more money for his continued "loyalty" to which Sphile told him to
go pound sand.

Tom wrote:

Arny - I actually give you a lot of credit for standing up in
front of a crowd of what will probably be mostly audiophiles.

Tom, why would I possibly be worried about facing audiophiles, given
that I am one? You really have your head where the sun shines not,
don't you?

Yes, Arny will be very nice.

News==----

Newsgroups

=----

Rui Pedro Mendes Salgueiro

Arny Krueger wrote:
Arny, regarding that upcoming debate,

No doubt Mr. Atkinson will attempt to play cool, attempting to wind me
up as he is able to.

I fear that he will suceed.

--
http://www.mat.uc.pt/~rps/

..pt is Portugal| `Whom the gods love die young'-Menander (342-292 BC)
Europe | Villeneuve 50-82, Toivonen 56-86, Senna 60-94

Clyde Slick

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message

Which is why I spend about 8 hours a week rehearsing, controlling the
amplification of, and recording music. I hate music so much! ;-)

No, you just like playing with knobs!

George M. Middius

Clyde Slick said:

No, you just like playing with knobs!

Not as much as he likes reliving the death of a family member.

Tom

"Arny Krueger" wrote
Tom wrote:

Arny - I actually give you a lot of credit for standing up in
front of a crowd of what will probably be mostly audiophiles.

Tom, why would I possibly be worried about facing audiophiles, given
that I am one? You really have your head where the sun shines not,
don't you?

You're not an audiophile Arny. You're a measurement dweeb.

"Hey - this might sound good. Let's measure the FR!"

Howard Ferstler

"George M. Middius" wrote:

Brother Horace tries to stick his hand in the alligator's maw.

Arny, regarding that upcoming debate, I am depending on you
to hand this phony his head. Pull his chain a few times for
me, too, while you are at it.

I hope Arnii listens to you, Clerkie. You're one of the only friends he
has left.

I have lots of friends, meatball.

Howard Ferstler
Howard Ferstler

Arny Krueger wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

My discussion will be as technical as possible, given the audience.

Arny, regarding that upcoming debate, I am depending on you
to hand this phony his head. Pull his chain a few times for
me, too, while you are at it.

No doubt Mr. Atkinson will attempt to play cool, attempting to wind me
up as he is able to. I'm counting on him to be his usual sweet self,
which is to say pompus to the point of being overbearning.

Remember that this guy is:

1) Trying to protect his magazine.

2) Trying to protect his job at that magazine.

He will perform as any con artist would when backed into a
corner. He has a LOT more to lose than either you or I, and
he is fully aware of this.

Howard Ferstler

Howard Ferstler

John Atkinson wrote:

I imagine they would assume that someone other than Arny wrote that
I was a "two-faced prick." As will Arny if this subject comes up
next Friday. :-)

I believe that Arny has insulted poor, hapless pricks
everywhere. Let's just say you are two faced and leave it at
that.

Howard Ferstler
George M. Middius

Harold "Professional Audio Clown" Ferstler goofed:

Brother Horace tries to stick his hand in the alligator's maw.

Arny, regarding that upcoming debate, I am depending on you
to hand this phony his head. Pull his chain a few times for
me, too, while you are at it.

I hope Arnii listens to you, Clerkie. You're one of the only friends he
has left.

I have lots of friends, meatball.

Oops! Now you need an editor for your scribblings on Usenet. ;-) How low
can you sink after this, Clerkie?

Howard Ferstler

"George M. Middius" wrote:

I hope Arnii listens to you, Clerkie. You're one of the only friends he
has left.

I have lots of friends, meatball.

Oops! Now you need an editor for your scribblings on Usenet. ;-) How low
can you sink after this, Clerkie?

You are always here, and always reply immediately. You are
one of the sickest persons on RAO and possibly one of the
sickest persons involved in audio everywhere else, too.

Get a life.

Howard Ferstler
Clyde Slick

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message
Arny Krueger wrote:

Howard Ferstler wrote:
Arny Krueger wrote:

Just pulling your chain, John. ;-)

My discussion will be as technical as possible, given the audience.

Arny, regarding that upcoming debate, I am depending on you
to hand this phony his head. Pull his chain a few times for
me, too, while you are at it.

No doubt Mr. Atkinson will attempt to play cool, attempting to wind me
up as he is able to. I'm counting on him to be his usual sweet self,
which is to say pompus to the point of being overbearning.

Remember that this guy is:

1) Trying to protect his magazine.

2) Trying to protect his job at that magazine.

He will perform as any con artist would when backed into a
corner. He has a LOT more to lose than either you or I, and
he is fully aware of this.

Remember, Arny is trying to protect his territory.....the back alley.
And yes, he has LotS more to lose than your or ARny.

Howard Ferstler

Clyde Slick wrote:

"Howard Ferstler" wrote in message

He will perform as any con artist would when backed into a
corner. He has a LOT more to lose than either you or I, and
he is fully aware of this.

Remember, Arny is trying to protect his territory.....the back alley.
And yes, he has LotS more to lose than your or ARny.

I hope this knowledge makes him sweat.

Howard Ferstler

George M. Middius

Brother Horace the Hair-Triggered screamed:

I hope Arnii listens to you, Clerkie. You're one of the only friends he
has left.

I have lots of friends, meatball.

Oops! Now you need an editor for your scribblings on Usenet. ;-) How low
can you sink after this, Clerkie?

No response from Harold, note.

Thanks for admitting Mr. Fertsler that, its like you cant read at an 8-th
grade, level even though you falsify your own calim that you are or, were
in a previously liven life, in the snow, LOt"S!

Get a life.

Get a human language interpreter.

Arny Krueger wrote:
George M. Middius wrote:
The Krooborg tries some of his "debating trade" shtick.

Arny - I actually give you a lot of credit for standing up in
front of a crowd of what will probably be mostly audiophiles.

Tom, why would I possibly be worried about facing audiophiles,

given
that I am one?

That's "given", Arnii?

In the non-Middius-domianted parts of the world, yes.

The only way it could be given to you is involuntarily.

Admittedly, I took it.

What is known is that you hate music,

Which is why I spend about 8 hours a week rehearsing, controlling the
amplification of, and recording music. I hate music so much! ;-)

Do you really like *that* music?

and that is the reason human beings adopt audiophilia as a hobby.

Works for me.

Furthermore, your
idea of audio equipment is quaint -- you can't tell real gear from
that random collection of parts and junk you wallow in.

Say George since you are such an expert about my tastes in audio, why
not list the components of the last audio system I listened to for a
number of hours.

That is an odd request.

You're as much an audiophile as Ferstler is a logician.

Red herring debating trade irrelevant interjection.

George, This isn't about Ferstler, its about you and me.

Scott Wheeler

John Atkinson

"Arny Krueger" wrote in message
:
wrote:
I know John is an two-faced prick.

I wonder what the Sunday choir would think about this.

I imagine they would assume that someone other than Arny wrote
that I was a "two-faced prick." As will Arny if this subject
comes up next Friday. :-)

No, Tom wrote what follows below, just as surely as I said:
"I'll try to be my usual sweet self, but you know how I can be
pompus to the point of being overbearning."

Actually, though Tom quoted you as saying that in message
, what you actually wrote was
"No doubt Mr. Atkinson will attempt to play cool, attempting to
wind me up as he is able to. I'm counting on him to be his usual
sweet self, which is to say pompus to the point of being

overbearning."

Which indeed seems to be you directing some abuse my way ahead of your
debate on Friday. Tom merely seems to have turned your point on its
head.

The point is that Tom had lots of fun forging neat things for me say
in his reply to my post. So since he obviously thinks this is

excellent
form, I thought it would be appropriate to return the honor.

But you didn't return it at Tom, you returned it to _me_, in
message , first by presenting Tom
as apparently saying
I know John is an two-faced prick.

With you then replying:
I've suspected as much, but thanks for the heads up

How is this humorous, Mr. Krueger, and how does it get back at
Tom?

Don't take it personally John.

Oh, that makes it all right then. I guess your sense of humor
ranks up there with Howard Ferstler's. :-)

Incidentally, I note in another recent posting your saying that you
will be accompanied to Friday's debate by Tom Nousaine. Please
remember that I told you last December that this debate is between
the two of us. While Tom Nousaine is, of course, welcome to join
the audience, he is not free to make a presentation of his own.

John Atkinson
Editor, Stereophile

Arny Krueger

Arny Krueger wrote:
George M. Middius wrote:
The Krooborg tries some of his "debating trade" shtick.

Arny - I actually give you a lot of credit for standing up in
front of a crowd of what will probably be mostly audiophiles.

Tom, why would I possibly be worried about facing audiophiles,
given that I am one?

That's "given", Arnii?

In the non-Middius-domianted parts of the world, yes.

The only way it could be given to you is involuntarily.

Admittedly, I took it.

What is known is that you hate music,

Which is why I spend about 8 hours a week rehearsing, controlling

the
amplification of, and recording music. I hate music so much! ;-)

Do you really like *that* music?

Some of it, yes. Around Christmas I made a 74 minute compendium of the
best recordings I made of *that* music, from the past 3 years. Some of
it was kinda lame, some was very lame, but some of it was really
pretty good. Some of it I just like listening to just because I like
the people who made the music.

Life has changed a bit. Three years ago I realized that in order to
have really good music in that context I was going to have to fix a
lot of things. I was going to have to fix the organization, I was
going to fix the room, I was going to have to learn how to do good SR,
I was going to have to fix the SR system, I was going to have to learn
how to make good recordings, and I was going to have to fix the
recording system which started out as a cassette deck.

God has been good and some of all of the above has already taken
place. There have been some important organizational changes, there
are moves afoot to make some changes to the room, the SR system has
improved and may shortly be getting far better, and the recorder is
now a 20 track backed up with a CD-R recorder. I've learned a few
things along the way, too.

Arny Krueger

Tom wrote:
"Arny Krueger" wrote
Tom wrote:

Arny - I actually give you a lot of credit for standing up in
front of a crowd of what will probably be mostly audiophiles.

Tom, why would I possibly be worried about facing audiophiles,

given
that I am one? You really have your head where the sun shines not,
don't you?

You're not an audiophile Arny. You're a measurement dweeb.

Shows how little you know about recording and live sound, Tom. No way
can get good recordings or live sound based purely on measurements.
Too much is only roughly known for that to be true. They both still
have heavy doses of art in them.

"Hey - this might sound good. Let's measure the FR!"

Been there, done that but its not the *Final Answer*.

I guess www.pcabx.com is way over your head, Tom. Or as your hero
David Weil says:

You lose.

Again.