Darshan

Default car radio and hard disk

Hi!
Sorry for my english but i'm french. I want to know if anybody knows a model
of a car radio with hard disk?

Thx

Baron Harkonnen

Empeg (currently discontinued), used units available at Ebay
www.empeg.com

Pioneer DEH-P90HDD
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pn..._37868,00.html

Alpine HDA-5460
http://www.alpine-usa.com/

Sony MEX-1HD (apparently not available un the U.S.)
http://www.sony.jp/products/me/conte...p/mex_1hd.html

There must be others. I didn't mention te Neo because IMHO it isn't up to
the standards, SQ-wise
--
-Baron Vladimir Harkonnnen

"Darshan" escribió en el mensaje
Hi!
Sorry for my english but i'm french. I want to know if anybody knows a

model
of a car radio with hard disk?

Thx

thelizman

Darshan wrote:
Hi!
Sorry for my english but i'm french. I want to know if anybody knows a model
of a car radio with hard disk?

Your English is better than the English most English-speakers use.

In the past, the EMPEG and Clarion AutoPC used small hard drives, but
they have both been discontinued. Rockford Fosgate will soon introduce a
source unit which uses WiFi to download from a home pc, and it will
contain a hard disk. Most head units simply rely on information stored
on CDs, or in external units which use solid-state or hard disk memory.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.