Ian Molton

Fella wrote:

And who am I telling all this to? A "get-a-brain-moran" .. Sheeeeeeesh,
I should get a brain..

If you got-a-brain you would know-how-to-spell the word moron.
Fella

Ian Molton wrote:
Fella wrote:

And who am I telling all this to? A "get-a-brain-moran" ..
Sheeeeeeesh, I should get a brain..

If you got-a-brain you would know-how-to-spell the word moron.

Another DUH!bya bush supporter pounding his chest?
Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 15:14:23 +0000, Ian Molton wrote:

Fella wrote:

And who am I telling all this to? A "get-a-brain-moran" .. Sheeeeeeesh,
I should get a brain..

If you got-a-brain you would know-how-to-spell the word moron.

But you gotta remember that his surname is Tio.....

Don Pearce

Fella wrote:

And who am I telling all this to? A "get-a-brain-moran" .. Sheeeeeeesh,
I should get a brain..

If you got-a-brain you would know-how-to-spell the word moron.

But you gotta remember that his surname is Tio.....

You are such a cunning linguist!

Pearce Consulting
http://www.pearce.uk.com
RPS

Fleetie wrote:

: I ended up getting SP1s though. This was 88/89. Kept the SP1s
: until '97, when some scally burglar burgled them.

An audiophile burglar!

Ian Molton

Stewart Pinkerton wrote:

If you got-a-brain you would know-how-to-spell the word moron.

But you gotta remember that his surname is Tio.....

Ug. thanks for the image stewart ;-/
Sander deWaal

Fella wrote:

And who am I telling all this to? A "get-a-brain-moran" .. Sheeeeeeesh,
I should get a brain..

If you got-a-brain you would know-how-to-spell the word moron.

But you gotta remember that his surname is Tio.....

Ah, British Humour...............

As long as I can tell apart my Krell from a Yamaha....................

--

Stuart Drinkalot / Sometimes I Fart- Audio is Boring
Fleetie

"RPS" wrote in message

: I ended up getting SP1s though. This was 88/89. Kept the SP1s
: until '97, when some scally burglar burgled them.

An audiophile burglar!

No, a ****.

Stewart Pinkerton

Fella wrote:

And who am I telling all this to? A "get-a-brain-moran" .. Sheeeeeeesh,
I should get a brain..

If you got-a-brain you would know-how-to-spell the word moron.

But you gotta remember that his surname is Tio.....

Ah, British Humour...............

As long as I can tell apart my Krell from a Yamaha....................

You'll have pretty acute hearing. OTOH, you can tell any decent amp
apart from a SET, even if you're a half-deaf ex studio 'engineer'....

Sander deWaal

Stewart Pinkerton said:

As long as I can tell apart my Krell from a Yamaha....................

You'll have pretty acute hearing. OTOH, you can tell any decent amp
apart from a SET, even if you're a half-deaf ex studio 'engineer'....

Even when you're drunk? ;-)

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Bruce J. Richman

Sander deWaal wrote:

Lionel said:

Mais pas un DB9 - quelle dommage..................... :-(

"Dommage" est un nom masculin singulier le déterminant s'accorde en genre et
en nombre avec le nom auquel il se rapporte.

"Quel dommage..."

Don't be too hard on poor Pinky. Bad youth and all, his hearing shot,
a career in banking instead of audio..........

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

You forgot the drinking...........

Bruce J. Richman

Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:54:42 +0100, Sander deWaal
wrote:

Lionel said:

Mais pas un DB9 - quelle dommage..................... :-(

"Dommage" est un nom masculin singulier le déterminant s'accorde en genre et
en nombre avec le nom auquel il se rapporte.

"Quel dommage..."

Damn stupid language anyway, all that gender crap! How do you know
there's a war in Europe? Paris is occupied................

Don't be too hard on poor Pinky. Bad youth and all, his hearing shot,
a career in banking instead of audio..........

Sander, you're just a pathetic gin-soaked old troll, so why not ****
off back to RAT, where you so obviously belong on so many levels?

Stewart Pinkerton

On Wed, 03 Nov 2004 20:46:54 +0100, Sander deWaal
wrote:

Stewart Pinkerton said:

As long as I can tell apart my Krell from a Yamaha....................

You'll have pretty acute hearing. OTOH, you can tell any decent amp
apart from a SET, even if you're a half-deaf ex studio 'engineer'....

Even when you're drunk? ;-)

WTF are you doing here, you gin-soaked valvie ****?

Sander deWaal

Stewart Pinkerton said:

Don't be too hard on poor Pinky. Bad youth and all, his hearing shot,
a career in banking instead of audio..........

Sander, you're just a pathetic gin-soaked old troll, so why not ****
off back to RAT, where you so obviously belong on so many levels?

Hit a nerve, Pinky?
BTW I'd be stoned before drunk.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Sander deWaal

Stewart Pinkerton said:

You'll have pretty acute hearing. OTOH, you can tell any decent amp
apart from a SET, even if you're a half-deaf ex studio 'engineer'....

Even when you're drunk? ;-)

WTF are you doing here, you gin-soaked valvie ****?

Hit a nerve again, Pinky?
I don't do alcohol, just pot.

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "

Dave Plowman (News)

Sander deWaal wrote:
I don't do alcohol, just pot.

Right. So your brain is cured rather than pickled.

--
*Isn't it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do "practice?"

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Sander deWaal

"Dave Plowman (News)" said:

I don't do alcohol, just pot.

Right. So your brain is cured rather than pickled.

Wait, lemme think......yep, sort of, dude :-)

--
Sander de Waal
" SOA of a KT88? Sufficient. "
Fleetie

"Michael McKelvy" wrote

With Dynaudio there's almost no such thing as a bad speaker, they make great drivers and designs.

Yesss.

Does the diminutive Audience 42 use the same *size* bass driver as the 52SE?
If so, I'd like to "see"/hear a 42 cabinet with a 52SE bass unit and tweeter
in it, cos there'd probably be *even less* cabinet contribution, and perhaps
even better imaging, albeit at the expense of a considerable amount of bass.

Even then, if you were prepared to wind the efficiency way down, you might
be able to recover some bass response.

Martin
--
M.A.Poyser Tel.: 07967 110890
Manchester, U.K. http://www.fleetie.demon.co.uk

Stewart Pinkerton

On Mon, 01 Nov 2004 13:09:44 +0200, Fella wrote:

Michael McKelvy wrote:

First lets deal with falsehood of anybody saying all CD players and amps
sound the same. It is that all CD players working the way tehy are supposed
to sound the same.

This is just hilarious. He says that it is a falsehood that anynody
says a given, then RIGHT AFTERWARDS he says it himself..!

Nope, since there are many so-called 'high end' CD players which are
deliberately built *not* to work the way they are supposed to. Heck,
that POS Audio Note player doesn't even have a reconstruction filter!

If you have 2 CD players and one sounds different, one
is either malfunctioning or designed to sound someway other than flat.

Well I sure wouldn't want my CD player to sound flat! I guess I'll go
with the "malfunctioning" ones!

****.

Same for amps.

Thus spake ze god of audio-physics, ze force of knowing it all..
Resistance is futile!

Physics is your friend.