Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] oldBlues@gmail.com is offline

Default Marantz 2230 parts needed - power amp and capacitor

Hi,

I need a Marantz 2230 p750 power amp assembly and, I think, one of
those large cylindrical capacitors (C008). anyone got parts, or a
broken receiver they have started to take apart already? I'd rather not
have to pay shipping for a whole other receiver or two, but thought I
might be able to avoid some of the small parts shopping and soldering
this way.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I need a Marantz 2230 p750 power amp assembly and, I think, one of
those large cylindrical capacitors (C008). anyone got parts, or a
broken receiver they have started to take apart already? I'd rather not
have to pay shipping for a whole other receiver or two, but thought I
might be able to avoid some of the small parts shopping and soldering
this way.

**Lazy bugger. Fix the damned amp. It's a very simple design.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] oldBlues@gmail.com is offline

oh, my. Isn't bugger a rude word? gosh.

I've already got an order in for some resistors, but the service manual
parts list says "solid" (jackson), and the only ones I found so far to
match the specs say 'carbon film'. Is this a problem? I don't have any
idea what I'm doing, all I've ever taken apart before was simple stuff
like computers and coffee grinders.

I don't see anything out there that looks like one of those capacitors.

Trevor Wilson wrote:
wrote in message

**Lazy bugger. Fix the damned amp. It's a very simple design.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] oldBlues@gmail.com is offline

hmmm. confusing. the exploded pieces look like they were little ceramic
cases. but, then, there may have been a couple different kinds too. so,
one 33 ohm 1/2W resistor is not as good as another?

also, it has been suggested (along with the suggestion that I am doomed
and should forget it) that I look for a shorted output transistor. But
I as of yet have not determined where in physical space (or the
schematic) I should be looking.

GregS wrote:
In article .com, wrote:
oh, my. Isn't bugger a rude word? gosh.

I've already got an order in for some resistors, but the service manual
parts list says "solid" (jackson), and the only ones I found so far to
match the specs say 'carbon film'. Is this a problem? I don't have any
idea what I'm doing, all I've ever taken apart before was simple stuff
like computers and coffee grinders.

I don't see anything out there that looks like one of those capacitors.

Don't mind them, they are from down under.

I think you want a solid wirewound resistor. It sounds like to me.
They are usually rectangular.

greg

Trevor Wilson wrote:
wrote in message

**Lazy bugger. Fix the damned amp. It's a very simple design.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech
GregS GregS is offline

In article . com, wrote:
hmmm. confusing. the exploded pieces look like they were little ceramic
cases. but, then, there may have been a couple different kinds too. so,
one 33 ohm 1/2W resistor is not as good as another?

also, it has been suggested (along with the suggestion that I am doomed
and should forget it) that I look for a shorted output transistor. But
I as of yet have not determined where in physical space (or the
schematic) I should be looking.

The power transistors are mounted to the big sink with insulators probably.Some power
resistors do not catch on fire easily, a nice safety thing. I used to have a 2230.
Never had to fix it other than lamps and trying to quiet
pots. I also had the integrated amp version, but that may have
had direct coupling. Used to have schematics for all. The pot situation
seemed to get worse on all equipment when I lived on the desert. Just
picked up my brothers 2275, probably just needs a cleaning.
You can probably fine some good info in the reair FAQ.

http://zekfrivolous.com/faq/

greg

GregS wrote:
In article .com,

Trevor Wilson wrote:
wrote in message

**Lazy bugger. Fix the damned amp. It's a very simple design.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...
oh, my. Isn't bugger a rude word? gosh.

I've already got an order in for some resistors, but the service manual
parts list says "solid" (jackson), and the only ones I found so far to
match the specs say 'carbon film'. Is this a problem? I don't have any
idea what I'm doing, all I've ever taken apart before was simple stuff
like computers and coffee grinders.

I don't see anything out there that looks like one of those capacitors.

**Then take it to someone who knows what they're doing.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Posted to rec.audio.tech

GregS wrote:

The power transistors are mounted to the big sink with insulators probably.

thanks, that's just what I needed to nudge me on the the next phase.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Wilson Trevor Wilson is offline

wrote in message
oups.com...

GregS wrote:

The power transistors are mounted to the big sink with insulators
probably.

thanks, that's just what I needed to nudge me on the the next phase.

**No, it is not. If you cannot immediately identify what an output
transistor is, then you need to pass the amp onto a qualified person. The
damage you will, almost inevitably, cause, will take the subsequent repair
(when you finally do take it to a tech) out of any financially feasible
area.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Warning: Do not use Ultimate-Anonymity
They are worthless spammers that are running a scam.