Please help identify funny CAPACITOR type identifier.

Old September 13th 04, 11:29 PM
Al

Default Please help identify funny CAPACITOR type identifier.

Hi, I am recently reading a schematics for a parametric filter for
audio application, and in service manual they have listed the type and
value of all the capacitors they uses. They have POLY ( for polyester
), ELEC ( for electrolytic ), and a mystery one called PLAQ. I wonder
if anyone can help me identify what type of capacitor that stands for.

These PLAQ capacitors are all in the range of a few hundred pF to a
couple of nF. Most of them are placed across the 'OUT' and the '-'
termainal of opamps ( together with other feedback components) .
Looking at the circuit board, they are greyish/light brownlish in
color and look very much like ceremic capacitors in size and shape
(they are all dipped with a color band on top).

Thanks.

you know what to remove to reply to !
Old September 14th 04, 01:32 AM
Jerry G.

I cannot remember exactly the acronym meaning for PLAQ, but these are
plate capacitors, if I remember right. Visit the link below.
http://www.angliac.com/bce/index.asp

You can infact use ceramic disk capacitors, and they should work for
you.

--

Jerry G.
======

om...

Old September 15th 04, 01:06 AM
Al

Thanks Jerry. I think you are right. The ceremic plate caps on the
website looks exactly like those on the parametric eq unit I had, down
to the color band on top, which encodes the dielectric material, like
NP0 and X5S.