Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] whoami@whereami.com is offline

Default All the best in 2012A.

On Tue, 1 Jan 2013 00:11:38 -0800 (PST), patrick-turner
wrote:

2013 is an unfortunate year number. Remember 1913? - a terrible
lead up to WW1 and countless bloody deaths, so how much longer
have we got until **** happens again?

I'm not superstitious, but this is funny. On New Years eve I went to a
bar, to watch some live music. Right after midnight I saw a young blond
woman by herself and I said "happy new year" to her. I was expecting a
simple "happy new year" in return, but instead she said "this is going
to be a real bad year". I replied "why is that?". She said "13 is a
very bad number". I replied "people survived other 13 years, like
1913". She replied "there was no 1913". I laughed and said "of course
there was, they cant skip a year". She insisted that there was no 1913,
and was real serious about it. I could see she was drunk, and BLOND.
So, I just said "look up an old calendar on the internet tomorrow and I
bet there will be a 1913". Then I walked away..... and laughed....

I knew at that moment why she was by herself!!!
Those blond jokes are not always jokes! In fact I know one who fits
every blond joke ever written.....

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
patrick-turner patrick-turner is offline

On Friday, 1 February 2013 12:27:08 UTC+11, wrote:
[...]

I recommend you should not single out blondes being especially stupid. The human species, Homo Wrectus has both males and females of many body types and colourings, and members of this species can contain an abundance of bull**** riddled thoughts and ideas. If you haul each item out and examine it, and you manage to fully refute its veracity, they will be more determined to believe their own bull****, because of an abundance of stubbornness and that belief in "We Shall Not Be Moved". The only time the world changes belief and practice is when it becomes so very uncomfortable to remain the same..
Largely, the world is non convertable, with far more ppl thinking comfortable lines of BS rather than be content with the raw horrid truth about all matters about existance.

But I have made some fabulous amplifiers using 13E1. I'd reckon many audiophiles will be reppelled by any suggestion they might use this fine tube. Subconsciously, the 13 in the type number has them inwardly very perturbed, AND, to ensure the tube is bound to repel audiophiles, its a beam tetrode. I am so very glad that the fully subjective minded audiophile doesn't like the 13E1, because that keeps demand for remaining world stock low, and hence the price is low, phew! When you have a car crash, don't yell out "MUMMA". There's 3 mm's, and m is the 13th letter of the alphabet, Much better to play it safe and yell out "FaaarrrK".

Patrick Turner.