Default Vintage audio tubes for sale

Hi. I'm new here. I'm trying to help out a friend who has owned a stereo
and tv repair shop for the last 40 years. I have thousands of tubes- don't
really know too much about the value or what's hot and what's not. I have
some pics. If you email me off group, I can email them to you. Most are
NOS. Also have tubed equipment if anyone is interested.

Thanks.
Gary

Fred Nachbaur

Hi. I'm new here. I'm trying to help out a friend who has owned a stereo
and tv repair shop for the last 40 years. I have thousands of tubes- don't
really know too much about the value or what's hot and what's not. I have
some pics. If you email me off group, I can email them to you. Most are
NOS. Also have tubed equipment if anyone is interested.

Thanks.
Gary

Tubes are obsolete. Send to me or Choky for safe disposal.

Seriously, pics would be of limited usefulness. Racks of boxes of old
tubes pretty much all look the same. A listing of types would be
infinitely more useful.

God only knows what you've *really* got there, chances are the majority
will be "dime a dozen" items. There will very likely be "pulls" (tubes
that were replaced but still worked, and were stuck into the boxes from
which the new ones came). But there will also very likely be some real
treasures. Things like new-in-box black-plate RCA 6L6GC's, maybe some
Telefunken 12AX7's, Mullard GZ34's, things like that. Or maybe not!

There was a period a decade or so ago, when enterprising characters went
around to as many TV repair shops as they could, and bought up all the
desirable stuff. If this particular shop was missed by these fellows,
you might have some great stuff there. If not, you'll just have the
dime-a-dozen TV tubes.

The only way to get the most return on the collection would be to sort
through them, educate yourself as to which types are desirable, and
patiently sell them a few at a time on ebay.

A much easier approach would be to sell them as a lot, and let the buyer
take the chance of maybe finding some treasures in there somewhere. But
don't expect to get more than about a dime or two per tube on this basis.

Cheers,
Fred
| Music:
http://www3.telus.net/dogstarmusic/ |
| Projects, Vacuum Tubes & other stuff: |
| http://www.dogstar.dantimax.dk |

Gregg

I am interested.

Please provide list to group (probably will make you most loved) or via
email found on website in signature.

TIA :-)

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*