snafu

Default sony portable cd/mp3 player resume and shuffle features

I'm going to purchase a portable cd/mp3 player to replace an old Sony
car cd player I've had for about 10 years. After all the research I've
done, I've narrowed it down to getting a Sony DNE306ck. I've installed
the factory cassette player and will use the adapter for the portable.

The reason I've been hesitant to get an mp3 player these last few years
is because they've been lacking in features that I find essential. One
is the 'resume' feature. I'm satisfied that this Sony model will resume
from mp3 as needed, which is to say that it will pick up right were it
last left off. If I have 490 ATRAC songs on a cd, I don't want to have
to start from 1 every time I get in my car. Also important to me is a
the shuffle feature. My current Kenwood cd player in my wife's car will
shuffle but will not retain in memory the songs it's played. So you
might hear some songs 5 times before you get through every song on the
cd. This is super-lame as sometimes it plays the same song twice in a
row. My home DVD player that plays mp3's is the same way. It seems to
play the same songs over and over and others I never hear! So it's
essential that this player will not repeat songs until every song has
been played at least once. I'm buying it to be my ALL-IN-ONE player for
home, car, work, everywhere!

Does anyone know if this is the case? I would buy one and test it out
and take it back if it didn't meet my needs, but there are no local
stores that carry it and so I would have to order it online.