OvrReactor

Default EASY way to power tube audio projects

For the past year, Ive been making regulated linear power supplies for my
own audio projects AND for sale to others. For most audio projects, a
regulated B+ is overkill, so Ive been installing a jumper across the
regulator section of my PC boards and making a few plain old low tech, saggy B+
supplies, and they have worked out great. Now that Im happy with them,
Ive decided to gear up for production on these and add them to my power
supply product line.

I have two versions. The €śhigh voltage€? model can easily power up to four
12AX7s with at least 300 V. The €ślow voltage€? supplies half the voltage
but double the current, so its ideal for subminiature and 6922/6DJ8 designs.
Each can supply up to 5 Watts of power and produces less than 10 mV p-p of
ripple when fully loaded. FR107 Fast recovery rectifiers are used, and has a
CR section filter included onboard. Jumper selectable for 120 / 240 VAC input.
Board dimensions are 3.8" x 2.5".

I have posted transfer curves and data tables on my website at
http://members.aol.com/ecc81.

The high voltage version (LDF5-320) has the following specifications;
* 357 Volts (minimum) output unloaded, with 110 / 220 VAC (low line) input
* 250 Volts (minimum) output at full load, with 110 / 220 VAC (low line) input
* Can supply up to 17 mA, at full load
* Height is less than 1.375" (fits in 1U rackmount chassis)

The low voltage version (LDF5-160) has the following specifications;
* 188 Volts (minimum) output unloaded, with 110 / 220 VAC (low line) input
* 120 Volts (minimum) output at full load, with 110 / 220 VAC (low line) input
* Can supply up to 35 mA, at full load
* Height is less than 1.5" (fits in 1U rackmount chassis)

Just to give you some idea of how to apply one of my power supplies to a
typical design, assume that you want to power a circuit that has a pair of
12AX7 tubes in it. You know that you want your B+ to be 300 V, and that the
circuit draws 6 mA. Refer to the transfer curve (on my website, and included
with the power supplies), and notice that when the line voltage is 115 VAC, the
power supply will provide about 335 V at 6 mA. So to drop the 35 V, externally
add a 5.6K Ohm 1/2 W dropping resistor followed by a 22 uF 450 capacitor and
youre DONE.

Im asking $32 each, plus shipping, for these power supplies.

OR, buy one LDF5-160 or LDF5-320, AND one of my linear regulated filament
supplies (PS6VA-6 or PS6VA-12), for $60 shipping included. (Shipping address
must be in the US48, offer good through September 30, 2003.)

And if you plan to scratch build a tube mic pre, buy one LDF5-160 or LDF5-320,
AND one PS6VA-48 (regulated phantom power supply) AND a linear regulated
filament supply (PS6VA-6 or PS6VA-12) for $90 shipping included. (Shipping
address must be in the US48, offer good through September 30, 2003.)

Sales can be prepaid by credit card through PayPal. If you have any additional
questions that my website cant answer, or if you want to buy some power
supplies, please respond BY EMAIL to , DO NOT POST. And
please include your shipping address in your email.

Regards,
Tom Mitchell
website - http://members.aol.com/ecc81
website - http://www.over-reactors.com