Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] audioguymn@gmail.com is offline

Default KLH Model 21 help

On Friday, July 27, 2001 at 2:34:43 PM UTC-5, MitchSF wrote:
Hi,
I'm almost finished restoring a KLH Model 21. I replaced three transistors
on the RF board and it now works!

The only problem left is a hum from the audio board. I disconnected it from
the input to the board so I'm sure it's not coming from anywhere else. I
replaced the filter capacitor and all electrolytics on the audio board and
it's a little quieter, but still there. The level of the hum doesn't change
with the volume control.

Any hints would be appreciated!

Thanks,
Mitch

Hi Mitch. The power supply filters, either of the black color are/were a common failure item. They should be replaced. However, note that the positive terminal was marked with the stripe as we would now associate with the negative terminal. It is also important that you do not increase the value of these capacitors as the power supply can't handle the extra in-rush and operational paramete5rs. Mark - Former National Service Manager, KLH Cambridge..
Posted to rec.audio.tech
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

Once upon a time on usenet Trevor wrote:
On 17/03/2018 1:22 AM, wrote:
[...]

Wonder whether he even still has it 17 years later? :-)

Trevor.

Probably not - at least not with the issue still (however somebody might...)

It's good to have a knowledgeable person posting here so let's not be too
harsh...
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 17/03/2018 1:22 AM, wrote:
[...]

True, might help someone else, and I wouldn't want to discourage that.
I'm just amazed at how many people answer 20 year old posts because they
don't even realise it. :-)

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

On 17/03/2018 1:22 AM, wrote:
[...]

As you likely know it's usually because these days most people don't
actually use usenet - they use parasitic web forums that don't delete old
posts in an effort to appear to have lots of content.

Cheers,
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 17/03/2018 1:22 AM, wrote:
[...]

Yes I know, and many are from Google Groups, but I would have thought
the date was still shown somewhere? But then I've never used it myself.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

On 17/03/2018 1:22 AM, wrote:
[...]

Nor have I - at least not for posting. Once or twice I've tried to search
for an old post. The *******s took over Deja news archives and butchered
them!
--
Shaun.

little classification in the DSM*."
David Melville (in r.a.s.f1)

Posted to rec.audio.tech
geoff geoff is offline

On 17/03/2018 1:22 AM, wrote:
[...]

Jeeze Shaun - you stalking me or something - you're everywhere !

geoff
Posted to rec.audio.tech
~misfit~[_3_] ~misfit~[_3_] is offline

On 17/03/2018 1:22 AM, wrote:
[...]